Our Strategic Priorities:
- Stabilize infrastructure
- Increase participation
- Improve quality
- Increase reach
- Encourage innovation
Wikimedia Foundation targets for 2015:
- Increase the total number of people served to 1 billion
- Increase the number of Wikipedia articles we offer to 50 million
- Ensure information is high quality by increasing the percentage of material reviewed to be of high or very high quality by 25 percent
- Encourage readers to become contributors by increasing the number of total editors who make at least 5 edits per month to 200,000
- Support healthy diversity in the editing community by doubling the percentage of female editors to 25 percent and increase the percentage of Global South editors to 37 percent
The latest news and views from the Wikimedia Foundation:
- How to organize a butterfly photo-walk
- A nature photo-walk rejuvenates you by clearing your mind from the stress and strain of your busy life, intricately connecting you with the refreshing colors...
- Ananya Mondal 2022-11-28 22:07:05
- Revealing the uniqueness of Oya Soichi Library, a Japanese magazine library through editing Wikipedia
- On November 19 2022, an editathon named "WikipediaOYA" was held at Oya Soichi Library, a Japanese magazine library.
- Eugene Ormandy 2022-11-28 21:39:56
- Other languages: Bahasa Indonesia, Deutsch, English,Esperanto, Tiếng Việt, Tyap, français, italiano, magyar, polski, svenska, čeština, русский, українська, עברית, العربية, فارسی, हिन्दी, বাংলা, ಕನ್...
- quiddity-WMF 2022-11-28 20:09:15
- Represent the Wikimedia movement at RightsCon 2023!
- The RightsCon call for proposals is open! Submit your proposal to represent the free knowledge movement!
- Franziska Putz 2022-11-27 23:49:33
- Learning about Wikimedia in Latin America and the Caribbean
- With 8% of the global population and 9% of global internet users, the Latin America and Caribbean region were one of the first areas of...
- Giselle Bordoy 2022-11-23 21:23:07
- Announcing the 2022 Research Fund Grantees!
- The Wikimedia Foundation’s Community Resources and Research teams are excited to announce the 2022 Research Fund grantees! The Research Fund was launched in November 2021...
- Emily Lescak 2022-11-23 20:04:27
Wikimedia's content is written by volunteers. Wikimedia Foundation staff work in technical operations, software development, global community programs, finance/administration and fundraising.
See current events for more information.
The Wikimedia Foundation relies heavily on the generous support from our users. Please consider making a donation today, be it time or money. The benefactors page is dedicated to some of the companies and individuals helping to sustain the Wikimedia projects. The Wikimedia Foundation does not necessarily endorse the activities of its Corporate Benefactors.
The Wikimedia Foundation is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States, and donations from US citizens are tax deductible. Donations made by citizens of other countries may also be tax deductible. Please see deductibility of donations for details. Please see our fundraising page for details of making donations via PayPal, MoneyBookers, postal mail or direct deposit. For all other types of donations, please contact us.
The Wikimedia Foundation is proud to be one of the most transparent non-profit organizations in the world. For updates about our program activities and our Annual Report, see the other links on this page. Additionally, we provide the following information:
Wikimedia Foundation staff regularly participate in open office hours on IRC (an online chat system). Our fundraising work is public and community-driven as well. If you'd like to jump right in, visit the community fundraising landing page.