- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
Not ending before 8 January 2022 19:24 (UTC)
Hi, I'm the chairperson of Wikimédia France, the French chapter. We use Meta as our primary collaboration platform, mainly to ensure transparency and easy participation for the broader community.
However, we have trouble for performing some actions. Willie Robert, former vice-chair, became a limited admin for that purpose but he left the Board this year.
I would like to get limited adminship to manage Wikimédia France pages and stuff only (deleting useless pages, moving pages needing
move-subpages right, creating accounts for staff etc.). You can find good examples of that in Willie's action log. I will not use any admin tools outside of this scope. I will ask for adminship removal as soon as I'm not member of Wikimédia France's board anymore.
For safety reasons, I cannot link here to my main user account, but I had the admin rights for more than 5 years on a major wiki, and know to use the tools. Trusted third party users such as Anthere can certify that.
Thanks in advance,
Capucine-Marin Dubroca-Voisin (talk) 19:24, 1 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support per precedent at Meta:Requests for limited adminship/Willie Robert, assuming that someone trusted confirms you have indeed been a sysop for 5+ years on a major wiki without any issues, and at least some experience with the rights you are discussing. Limited adminship should have a scope of only WMFr activities and a duration of until you leave the board at the latest. --DannyS712 (talk) 23:58, 1 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support per Willie's RflA. I do not see any reason to not grant the same rights to his successor. --Ameisenigel (talk) 16:24, 2 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support -- MdsShakil (talk) 17:41, 2 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support per Willie's RflA. I do not see any reason to not grant the same rights to his successor and I fully trust her. Anthere (talk) 09:36, 4 January 2022 (UTC)
- Hello @Anthere, can you please explicitly confirm this is an undisclosed alternative account of a long-time sysop, as stated in the description? Thanks! Martin Urbanec (talk) 14:15, 4 January 2022 (UTC)
- Hello User:Martin Urbanec. I do not know if the existence of the two accounts has been publicly officially disclosed, so I would not be able to say if the status of the alternate account is disclosed or undisclosed. I presume it is not official, for physical safety of the owner.
- However, I confirm that this account (account B) is an alternate of another account (account A). Account A is the original account, is a pseudonym, is regularly active on the French Wikipedia and meta, and is a long term admin account on French Wikipedia. Account B is the second account, is under the real identity of the person, who is currently the Chair of Wikimedia France. Account B seems to be used uniquely for edits related to the activity of Capucine-Marin as acting board member of Wikimedia France. All the other edits are done under account A. I also confirm that I have met Capucine-Marin several times in flesh, and that both accounts are managed by the same editor. The existence (and link) between the two accounts is widely known within the Wikimedia France membership and many others could further confirm. I confirm that Capucine-Marin knows how to use the admin tool. Anthere (talk) 23:07, 4 January 2022 (UTC)
- Thanks, that's more than enough for me. Support as a scope-limited adminship. --Martin Urbanec (talk) 00:10, 5 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support per Ameisenigel. Meiræ 19:16, 7 January 2022 (UTC)
Done indefinite expiry, scope limited to page and user actions listed above related to Wikimédia France, does not extend to "broadly construed" actions such as edit filters, blocking users, group management, etc - even if related to WMFrance, such actions should be handled by community administrators as needed. Is subject to standard admin activity requirements. — xaosflux Talk 00:10, 9 January 2022 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.