- The zig zag shape references three different manifestations of functions:
- electronic circuits (as the symbol for a resistor); mathematical functions (as a line graph); Wikifunctions itself (as a W).
- Like Wikidata's logo, the shape is composed of red, green and blue parallel lines. But instead of being straight, the lines are interwoven like threads in a loom (maybe a Jacquard loom 😊), just as Wikifunctions will interweave raw data from Wikidata to create a rich tapestry of output.
- As a small bonus, this interweaving gives the W a crossed center, like in Wikipedia's wordmark.
- Resembles the Whataburger logo.