Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча/tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha/ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Welcome to Meta!Edit

Hello Tgr!, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing! — Mikhailov Kusserow (talk) 14:51, 28 July 2009 (UTC)

/* globális bot a wikiszótárban */Edit

Szia! Köszönöm, hogy írtál a globális bot ügyében :D Remélem hamar elintézik :D Üdv és kellemes ünnepeket kívánok :D   Szajci reci 08:59, 20 December 2010 (UTC)

Translator, We need you!Edit

Dear Tgr,

You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.

Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.

If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out http://survey.wikimedia.org/index.php?sid=13638&newtest=Y&lang=en. With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.

Many Thanks

Joseph Seddon (User:Jseddon (WMF))

Production Coordinator
Wikimedia Foundation
Jseddon (WMF) 00:42, 9 July 2011 (UTC)

New unified design of Magyar Main Page - need your help for this workEdit

Dear colleague! Please help us for transfer Magyar Main Page (Kezdőlap) to new unified design! Going to Template:Other languages/Template:Main Page and clicking on the relevant red link and translating that. Next step - click to "edit-link" in every section and translate it with similar way. After finished need replace text in Kezdőlap to transcluding of {{Main Page/hu}} (as in Russian). Thanks in advance ;) --Kaganer 09:49, 6 November 2011 (UTC)

Thanks for starting version of Template:Main Page/hu. Maybe you do finish this work? It would be perfect! --Kaganer 22:29, 19 January 2012 (UTC)

Quick help needed: Editor survey bannerEdit

Hi, thanks for your help with the Editor survey translation . Can you take a quick look at the CentralNotice banner at Research:Wikipedia_Editors_Survey_November_2011/CentralNotice#hu ? Thanks Akhanna 22:20, 5 December 2011 (UTC)

A barnstar for you!Edit

Hi! I just want to thank you and give you this barnstar for your help with the translation of the 2011 fundraiser! The fundraiser was the best we ever had, both in terms of the amount we collected and in terms of number of translations. We couldn't have done either one without the help we got from you and other translators. If you are interested, we made a report, which has some statistics about the translations.

And: I have one more request, and that is that you take this survey. You may have got an e-mail about it, and if you did, please ignore this. But if you didn't it would be great if you would take this survey too, so we can learn to improve the translation experience.

Again, thanks for your help with translations – you're awesome! Jon Harald Søby (WMF) 14:32, 24 January 2012 (UTC)

Template:Main Page/huEdit

Hi! Maybe you can find some time to finish this translation? It would be great! --Kaganer (talk) 13:14, 2 April 2012 (UTC)

I do hope to find time for that sometime, but it definitely won't be soon, sorry. --Tgr (talk) 17:29, 2 April 2012 (UTC)

Np, thanks fror starting ;) I still try to find another translator for this. --Kaganer (talk) 17:05, 3 April 2012 (UTC)
Nagyjából megcsináltam. Rá tudnál nézni? --Tacsipacsi (talk) 23:06, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
Köszi! Ránéztem, jól néz ki. --Tgr (talk) 01:36, 30 March 2014 (UTC)
Még van néhány dolog, amit le kéne fordítani, ebben tudsz segíteni? Másrészt esetleg közzé lehetne tenni? --Tacsipacsi (talk) 08:16, 30 March 2014 (UTC)

Feedback for new survey?Edit

Hi Tgr, I noticed you gave some feedback on the last iteration of the Editor Survey that was run late last year. We're getting ready to run another version of this survey, and was wondering if you'd be willing to give us some feedback again? You can read the questions at Research:Wikipedia_Editor_Survey_August_2012/Questions, and if you'd like to see how the survey will look in its final form, you can see it here. Feel free to take the survey to see how it works, or if you see any other problems with it. Thanks for your help!! Christine (WMF) (talk) 04:04, 2 August 2012 (UTC)

Help with Hungarian translationsEdit

Hi Tgr, I am contacting you as I would highly appreciate your help to translate and proofread three short texts from English to Hungarian for WMF's multilingual fundraising campaign that will be starting in two weeks. I kindly ask you to go onto the Fundraising Translation Hub https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising/Translation, and click on the three texts available for translation. I would be most grateful if you would spread this message and ask fellow English/Hungarian Wikipedians to do the same. Please reach out to me by email, jrobell@wikipedia.org if you have any questions. A warm thank you in advance. Kind regards, Jrobell (talk) 14:05, 21 January 2014 (UTC)

Translate some names for hundreds software projects including MediaWikiEdit

Hello, I'm writing you because you subscribed to a Language support team. As you know, Wikimedia projects exist in almost 300 languages; supporting them all is a big effort so we partner with other organisations. One small but visible thing we miss is that many interwiki links in sidebar (among others) don't offer a translation of the language name when hovered. We're now able to translate 100 more language names in your language.

If you're interested, I can create you an account to submit translations on the CLDR web tool (within June 14): please send an email to ask one and I'll follow up with instructions. On CLDR you can translate and tweak many other things, if you desire; your work will impact hundreds of software projects. Thanks, Nemo 17:58, 2 May 2014 (UTC)

Superprotect statusEdit

Dear Tgr, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.

Peteforsyth 09:51, 12 September 2014 (UTC)

Please sign new Wikimedia confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information by 31 DecemberEdit

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.

As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.

An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that OTRS volunteers sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have been identified as an OTRS volunteer and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access. OTRS volunteers have a specific agreement available, if you have recently signed the general confidentiality agreement for another role (such as CheckUser or Oversight), you do not need to sign the general agreement again, but you will still need to sign the OTRS agreement.

Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign

If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum wikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your OTRS access. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.

Thank you,
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery 21:20, 28 September 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet help

Re: VisualEditor feedback page on huwikiEdit

Hey, thanks for your message. If you want to commit to watch that page, that's ok: we can re-evaluate your decision at some point next year :) Thanks for the link to that conversation. Seems to me hu.wiki would then be the perfect candidate to test the single edit tab, when it's time. --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 18:05, 21 December 2015 (UTC)

Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?Edit

Hello, thanks for adding multiple new translations in your language here at Meta-Wiki in recent years. Please join the discussion with your opinion: Should FuzzyBot automatically remove all potentially outdated translations?. Nemo (talk) 12:00, 1 March 2016 (UTC)

2016 Community Wishlist SurveyEdit

Hi,

You’re getting this message because you participated in the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey and we want to make sure you don't miss it this year – or at least can make the conscious choice to ignore if it you want to. The 2015 survey decided what the Community Tech team should work on during 2016. It was also the focus of Wikimedia hackathons and work by other developers. You can see the status of wishes from the 2015 wishlist at 2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Results.

The 2016 Community Wishlist Survey is now open for wishes. You can create proposals until November 20. You will be able to vote on which wishes you think are best or most important between November 28 and December 12. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:17, 14 November 2016 (UTC)

./problemImages.jsEdit

Hello Tgr, I've bit updated/extended the script ./problemImages.js. If you find it useful you could made a bit promotion for it!? ;-) Regards -- User: Perhelion 15:18, 23 February 2017 (UTC)

Tech ambassadors, "take two"Edit

Hello tech ambassador! This month has seen a good influx of new faces in this crew \o/ , so it is time to reactivate our conversations. Now that we have a pretty good coverage of so many different projects, here are some topics for your consideration.

  1. Are there further thoughts on the role itself? I hope the questions available on Meta can help spark them. Please weigh in at Talk:Tech/Ambassadors/List#Tech ambassadors, take 2.
  2. How about we try and organise future collective work in a Phabricator workboard? Talk:Tech/Ambassadors/List#A Phab workboard for us? has all the details to explore this proposal.
  3. Finally, you are also welcome to comment at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T177923, should you happen to have suggestions for the Community Liaisons team, currently wondering how to measure "Wiki projects requesting beta features and other early deployments".

We hope to be able to host a live discussion in early 2018; until then, we're looking forward to hearing from you on Meta! All the best, --Elitre (WMF) (talk), on behalf of the Community Liaisons

Getting started on PhabricatorEdit

Greetings, ambassador!

As recently discussed within this group, we are ready to experiment with setting up a project and its related workboard on Phabricator, the platform used in the Wikimedia movement for project management, software bug reporting and feature requests. It will help us coordinate and cooperate better on projects that should require ambassadors' involvement.

For the time being, I'm just asking that you please add your Phabricator nickname next to your name in the ambassadors' table (you can create an account now if you don't have one already). I will send you further information soon! Thanks for your patience as we get to the operational stage of this effort :) Best, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 14:59, 16 January 2018 (UTC)

Commond deletion bot requirementsEdit

I'm contacting you because you supported the Commons Deletion Bot proposal in the 2017 Community Wishlist. The Wishlist team has finalized the draft specifications for how the bot will work, and are seeking review in confirming or discussing the plans for the bot. If you have some time, please take a look and leave a comment. Thanks, happy editing to you. - Keegan (WMF) (talk) 19:06, 12 April 2018 (UTC)

Timeless Newsletter • Issue 1Edit

Newsletter • July 2018

Welcome to the first issue of the Timeless newsletter! This issue is being sent or forwarded to everyone who has at some point expressed an interest in the project, give or take, as well as a couple of other potentially relevant pages, so if you would like to continue (or start) receiving this newsletter directly, please sign up for further updates on the meta page.


The news:

The Timeless grant has been selected for funding, and the project is now underway!

While I've had a somewhat slow start working on the project for health reasons, I'm pleased to announce that everything described in the proposal is now either happening, or on its way to happening.

Current progress:

  • The project now has a hub on Meta to serve as a directory for the various related pages, workboards, and local discussions and help pages. It's probably incomplete, especially with regards to specific language projects that might have local pages for Timeless, so if you know of others, please add them!
  • Outreach: I've been talking to various people and groups directly about skinning, desktop/mobile interfaces, project management, specific component support, and other things, and have begun to compile a very shoddy list of skinning problems and random issues on mw.org based on this. Some of this may inform the direction of this project, or possibly this project will result in building a more proper list that can then be used for other things. We shall see.
  • Some development - task triage, code review, bug fixing, and various rabbit holes involving ...overflows.

General plan for the future:

  • Triage the rest of the workboard.
  • Catch up with all the talkpages and other bug reports that have been left various other places that are not the project workboard
  • Do all the bug fixes/features/other things!
  • Some proposals aimed at Commons and Wikisource in particular (maybe, we'll see)

Essentially, the grant as written shall be carried out. This was the plan, and remains the plan. Timelines remain fuzzy, but while there have been some initial delays, I don't particularly expect the timeline for project as a whole to change a whole lot.

Also, for anyone at Wikimania right now: I am also at Wikimania. Come talk to me in person!

Thank you all for your interest and support thus far!

-— Isarra 12:23, 20 July 2018 (UTC)

This issue has been sent regardless of signup status. To receive future issues please add yourself on the massmessage list.

Consultation on interface administrator groupEdit

If you can, can you please reply to my email in wikitech-ambassadors in any sort of meaningful way? I also would like to mention post factum that some people interpret the list of ‘affected user groups’ on Phabricator as a sign that it requires all groups to have the same relation in terms of transition period, when one group was elected with knowledge of JS/CSS in mind and the other was not, and I urgently need a comment from you as an organiser on these. stjn[ru] 13:02, 24 July 2018 (UTC)

Hey @Saint Johann:, I've seen your mail but wanted to look at the ruwiki discission before replying. I'm traveling home from Wikimania so might not happen today. Can you clarify what "have the same relation in terms of transition period" means? --Tgr (talk) 13:50, 24 July 2018 (UTC)

  • Alright, just wanted to clarify that you’ve seen it at all. What I tried to convey is that people read the list of affected groups and try to extrapolate from it that, in your opinion / opinion of developers, no one has a ‘trust as high as admins’ anymore (most disagreement comes from this particular wording being interpreted as it fits someone), and everyone, even the people that edited JS/CSS before the most, must go under a vote because, basically, it’s ‘what developers telling us’. stjn[ru] 15:45, 24 July 2018 (UTC)

Interface admins groupEdit

Dear Tgr, I have a question regarding the new permissions group of interface admins. In order to become an interface admin, does someone also have to be an administrator first? I do not like to block people, I am a developer and I am highly interested in creating gadgets. After several hundrends of hours of training, coaching and mentoring people to contribute in Wikipedia, I am creating tools out of my experience that help people contribute easily, like this one, and I am now preparing the next step beyond template code. Do I have to be an administrator to become an interface admin and develop and deploy gadgets? Best regards,   ManosHacker talk 20:18, 10 August 2018 (UTC)

@ManosHacker: that's up to the editors of your wiki to decide. There is no technical need for it; both require a high level of trust but a slightly different kind. (See also the email thread mentioned in the previous section.) --Tgr (talk) 17:49, 11 August 2018 (UTC)

Commons deletion notification botEdit

Greetings,

You are receiving this message because you supported the Commons deletion notification bot in the 2017 Community Wishlist Survey.

Commons deletion notification bot is ready to be deployed to any Wikimedia wiki that wishes to use it. If your community is interested in the bot, you can leave a request on the project page on meta-wiki. The bot messages are available for translation on translatewiki.net, as part of preparing the bot for release.

Thank you for your participation in the Wishlist. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 17:29, 16 August 2018 (UTC)

SVG Translate Community wishlist survey projectEdit

Hello! Thank you for voting for the SVG Translate project that was proposed in the 2017 Wishlist survey. The Community Tech team in the Wikimedia Foundation is beginning to start their work on the project. We're currently looking for feedback on some open questions which will allow us to come up with preliminary designs for the tool. If you are interested in being involved, you can watch the project page and join in the discussions on the talk page. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and learning from your experiences. Thank you. -- NKohli (WMF), Product Manager, Community Tech (talk) 21:53, 16 August 2018 (UTC)

Interface-admin migration termEdit

Dear Gergo!

Could you please hint me where I can find the exact date, when Interface-admin rights will be removed from admins and engineers/template editors, particularly in Russian Wikipedia. I'm an arbitrator, who analyzes a respective case in Russian Wikipedia, so it would be handy to know the exact time, to know how much time we have to elaborate a preliminary ruling. Thank you! Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 09:04, 27 August 2018 (UTC)

@Drbug: Today between 11:00 and 12:00 UTC (30–90 minutes from now). —Tacsipacsi (talk) 10:32, 27 August 2018 (UTC)

@Drbug: sorry, I didn't see this before. They have just been removed (the time was mentioned in Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS). --Tgr (talk) 11:20, 27 August 2018 (UTC)

Thank you, colleagues! We thought so, but then there were some rumors that the deployment might be postponed, so that's why I asked. Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 09:02, 28 August 2018 (UTC)

Interface admins in Albanian WikiquoteEdit

Hello! :) I've wrote something here. Maybe you haven't seen it. Could you please answer there? Thank you! :)

The Community Wishlist SurveyEdit

Hi,

You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.

You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)

MistakeEdit

Sorry for accidentally rollback your support vote. Apologies.--Cohaf (talk) 05:10, 26 November 2018 (UTC)

Khowar WikipediaEdit

@Tgr: permission handling for CSS/JS pages has changed: only members of the interface-admin group, and a few highly privileged global groups such as stewards, can edit CSS/JS pages. Is it possible that the Test Admin in test wikis like Khowar Wikipedia can edit these pages or not?--RAChitrali 08:06, 22 January 2019 (UTC)

@Rachitrali: only interface admins can edit sitewide JS. Making it easy to tell whether someone can edit JS or not was one of the goals of the change. (In general, you can also check Special:ListGroupRights to see who can do what.) --Tgr (talk) 20:37, 22 January 2019 (UTC)

"Who Wrote That" project updateEdit

Hello. I'm reaching out to you as you participated in the 2017 Community Wishlist proposal for "Who Wrote That" project (previously known as "Blame Tool"). The Community Tech team is kicking things off on the project and we have an early-stage mockup available for you to look at. I invite you to follow that project page, where I will be posting periodic status updates for the project. You are also welcome to provide your thoughts on the talk page. Thank you. -- NKohli (WMF) (talk) 22:57, 21 February 2019 (UTC)

Taking over the #wikispore channelEdit

(start of conversation)

Well, since #wikispore is out of our namespace (see IRC/Cloaks#Cloak options, where namespace prefixes are listed that we can use), so we GCs can't really do much. You can definitely talk directly to Freenode staff to get some help in taking over the channel. --FiliP ██ 07:55, 1 September 2019 (UTC)

@Dungodung: I talked to el from the Freenode staff, they were the one who directed me to you. --Tgr (talk) 08:03, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
That's weird, since they should know #wikispore is out of our purview. I can try to talk to them, or you can try to talk to another staffer at freenode :) --FiliP ██ 08:11, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
@Dungodung: could you please talk to them? I'm guessing they asked me to talk to you since you are in the position to verify that this is a legitimate Wikimedia project. --Tgr (talk) 09:06, 1 September 2019 (UTC)

COVID-19 dataEdit

Hi Tgr! I have seen some tasks in Phabricator relating to bots and COVID-19 data, and I have used a bot to collect data from Template:COVID-19 pandemic data and update the corresponding tables on Portuguese Wikipedia and recently on Ukrainian Wikipedia. I did't know how far ahead the work is (if there is already a bot or somthing else), but I would like to share that. Greetings! ━ ALBERTOLEONCIO Who, me? 02:51, 16 June 2020 (UTC)

Thank you for helping to create the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy RecommendationsEdit

  Wikimedia 2030
Thank you very much for everything you did to help create the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy Recommendations! I am especially grateful for the enormous amount of work you did in the Product & Technology working group and as a writer and all the care and commitment you brought to the process. --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 18:05, 25 June 2020 (UTC)

A request for translationEdit

Hello! Would it be possible for you to translate this message to Hungarian? This week, it would be sent to all wikis. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 15:31, 19 July 2020 (UTC)

Done (while logged out, accidentally, which apparently the translation interface does not bother to warn you about). --Tgr (talk) 20:47, 19 July 2020 (UTC)

Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020 submissionsEdit

Dear Gergő,

On behalf of the Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020 programme committee, I am pleased to inform you that your submissions "Help your community grow!" and "Unlocking more forms of free knowledge with Wikispore" have been accepted as panels and they were scheduled for 17:30 (UTC) on Friday, 2 October and 13:15 (UTC) on Saturday, 3 October, respectively (see the draft schedule). If you have not yet registered for the conference, please follow the instructions on this page. In case you have any additional requests or questions, do not hesitate to contact me or any other committee member.

Best regards. --Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 17:19, 15 September 2020 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey 2021: InvitationEdit

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

18:26, 20 November 2020 (UTC)

Sunday November 29 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Take flight with us.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, and October SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including the recent proposed changes to the Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws, this month we are meeting on Sunday November 29, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although a number of places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 01:31, 27 November 2020 (UTC)

WikiConference North America 2020 registrationEdit

Thank you for signing up to attend WikiConference North America 2020! If you haven't already, it would be much appreciated if you could also take a minute to register through our form at register.wcna.wiki. While not required, this will help us keep you informed via email, and will also help give us an idea of attendance numbers over the next three days. Thank you, ~SuperHamster Talk Contribs 19:07, 10 December 2020 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey 2021Edit

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

16:09, 11 December 2020 (UTC)

Sunday January 10 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Into the blue.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, and November SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including SWAN input on Interim Global Council and Movement Charter, this month we are meeting on Sunday January 10, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

To start the exchange of ideas on the IGC early, and to help prepare before the SWAN calls, we have set up and invite everyone to participate at this etherpad. If you like a more interactive way of discussing, we have also made a jamboard. Check here for more details.

--Pharos (talk) 15:09, 4 January 2021 (UTC)

Please consider to respond to my proposals for WM CEE Spring 2021Edit

They are both listed here and should be responded to in next 48 hours

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_2021/Article_Lists

Best Z --Zblace (talk) 18:14, 8 February 2021 (UTC)

Sunday February 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
We are a mosiac.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, and January SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, this month we are meeting on Sunday February 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

To help set priorities for the SWAN agenda, and also to help manage which global conversations should be a focus in general, we have set up and invite everyone to participate at this SWAN priorities form.

Possible topics include Community Board seats, Interim Global Council, Strategy prioritization follow-up events, Branding, Universal Code of Conduct, Grant strategy, and WMF CEO search. That is a lot of things, which are most important to cover in our upcoming SWAN meeting?

Following the regular call, in SWAN after hours: Wikimedia Meet Jitsi social event with brainstorming for possible Nano Charter ideas, plus any other topics.

--Pharos (talk) 18:02, 18 February 2021 (UTC)

Sunday March 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Community as a hand-carved gem.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, and February SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Grants relaunch, Universal Code of Conduct/Discussions, Wikimedia Enterprise / OKAPI, Community Board seats, Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday March 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 19:46, 17 March 2021 (UTC)

Notification about a grant requestEdit

Hi.

As someone who commented about my grant request (including the talk page) last year requesting funding to create the GlobalWatchlist extension, I thought you might want to know that I have requested another grant to continue development. You can see the new request at Grants:Project/DannyS712/Continued work on GlobalWatchlist extension - if you support this, I hope you'll consider endorsing the request.

My apologies if you were already aware of the new grant request (I sent a similar message to the subscribers of User:DannyS712/Global watchlist/Updates - sorry for any duplicates).

Thanks, --DannyS712 (talk) 00:43, 19 April 2021 (UTC)

Sunday April 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Swanlings grow up together.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, and March SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, WMF Resolution about the upcoming Board elections, Community Resilience and Sustainability role in Movement Strategy coordination, Grants Strategy Relaunch, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday April 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places may have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 04:21, 23 April 2021 (UTC)

Sunday June 6 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Swan of healing.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, and April SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Movement Strategy/Events, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday June 6, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call an hour earlier in UTC time due to popular demand and to accomodate daylight savings*.)--Pharos (talk) 20:49, 3 June 2021 (UTC)

Sunday July 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
The swan or the egg?

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and June SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Drafting Committee, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call an hour earlier in UTC time due to popular demand and to accomodate daylight savings*.)--Pharos (talk) 15:10, 22 July 2021 (UTC)

Wednesday July 28: Wikispore Day UnconferenceEdit

 
Wikispore Day 0, the picnic that partially inspired Wikispore.
Wikispore Day 1, last year

The second anniversary of Wikispore Day, observed on July 28, 2020, marks twenty-four months from the conceptual sprouting of the Wikispore idea from the Strategy Wiknic in NYC, which was held on July 14, 2019.

You are invited to participate in a virtual unconference for this year!

Wednesday July 28:

  • 12:002:00 pm (New York City time)
  • (16:00–18:00 UTC/GMT, 18:00–20:00 Berlin)
  • Social Hour

Since Wikispore is probably the only Wikimedia project to be born at a picnic, you are encouraged to participate from a socially-distanced green space outdooors if possible.

Wikisporadic Newsletter: August 2021Edit

Wikisporadic, an Occasional Newsletter for our Germinating Community.

(You can subscribe/unsubscribe from future notifications for the Wikisporadic Newsletter by adding or removing your name from this list.)

Feedback on any of these items is welcomed at your friendly Wikispore Greenhouse!

--Pharos 19:48, 11 August 2021 (UTC)

A Community Wishlist Survey update waiting for translationEdit

Hello! Would you be able to translate the newest update about the Community Wishlist Survey 2022? In short: instead of November 2021, the CWS will happen in January 2022. We would also like to make other improvements. We can't do that without having the volunteers' opinions. This is what we ask for in the message.

After the weekend, I'll send this to all Village Pumps, Cafes, Forums, etc. Our team would like as many people as possible not to ignore this message. Let's remove the language barrier.

Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) 01:29, 4 September 2021 (UTC)

Invitation for WikiConference North America 2021Edit

Thank you for signing up for last year's WikiConference North America 2020! I'd like to invite you to this year's WikiConference North America 2021, taking place online and free, October 8-10.

  • Registration is open and takes just a few minutes!
  • Program submissions are also open through the end of the month, though they are being reviewed on a rolling basis—so the sooner you submit, the better! We are accepting presentations, workshops, round tables, or any other type of session format you can think of.

If you've already registered or submitted a proposal—thank you! We look forward to seeing you soon. ~SuperHamster Talk Contribs 19:08, 11 September 2021 (UTC)

Sunday September 26 SWANniversary Party and All-Affiliates Strategic MeetingEdit

 
Celebrate our first anniversary with SWAN-shaped desserts!

Join the SWANniversary on September 26 as we mark the first year of the Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network!

We will have the regular All-Affiliates Strategic Meeting, to be followed by a SWANniversary Party in the after hours session, likely through spatialized chat on WorkAdventure.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, June, and July SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, we'll look together at strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Drafting Committee, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday September 26, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and .)--Pharos (talk) 18:15, 22 September 2021 (UTC)

Sunday October 31 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
A swan reflects.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and June, July, and September SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter Drafting Committee Set Up Process, Next Steps for Brand Work, 2021, Wikipedia Asian Month 2021, and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday October 31, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call a half-hour later in UTC time due to WikidataCon*.)--Pharos (talk) 01:47, 29 October 2021 (UTC)

Sunday November 28 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Chart a new course on the swan ferry.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Hubs+Hubs Workshop, Movement Charter+Drafting Committee, WMDE's 'Future of Wikimedia Governance' proposal, Wikipedia Asian Month 2021, and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday November 28, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and , note that some areas recently experienced daylight savings time changes).--Pharos (talk) 16:05, 25 November 2021 (UTC)