Wikipeddija stranice traže fotografije
Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos
Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos (WPWP) is an annual campaign where Wikipedians across Wikipedia language projects and communities add photos to Wikipedia articles lacking images. This is to promote the use of digital media files collected from various WP photography contests, photowalks organized by the Wikimedia community, on Wikipedia article pages. Photos help to grasp the reader's attention better than a wall of text, illustrate content, and make the article more instructive and engaging for readers.
Thousands of images have been donated and contributed to Wikimedia Commons via various advocacy programs, photowalks, and contests including international photography contests such as Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves Africa, Wiki Loves Earth, Wiki Loves Folklore, etc. Yet relatively few of these photos have been used on Wikipedia articles. Today, the Wikimedia Commons hosts millions of photo images but only a tiny portion of these have been used on Wikipedia article pages. This is a huge gap that this project aims at bridging.
| image = Obamas at church on Inauguration Day 2013.jpg
How to participate
Before participating, it is important to read all rules below in their entirety. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- Sign in or Create a New Account on Wikipedia (you can create your account on any language Wikipedia including your own language). The list of Wikipedias in all languages can be found here.
- Find an article that needs a photo. There are many ways to do this. Here are some tips.
- Find an appropriate image on Commons. Click here to search for the image using the correct title or category. There are several ways to do this. See this simple media reuse guide. Here are additional tips.
- On the article page, find a section where the image is relevant and helps the reader understand the subject. Click Edit and insert the image from Step 3, and include a brief caption explaining what the image consists of in Wikipedia's language. If editing source code, check the display position using the "Preview" button and make any necessary changes. In the edit summary of all articles improved with images, give a description of why you added the image, and include the hashtag #WPWP. Then click on "Publish changes".
- You may also participate by creating new articles for quality photos.
- Please be mindful of the image syntax! If you are going to add images to the infoboxes in articles, the syntax is a lot easier — just the filename, so rather than
[[File:Obamas at church on Inauguration Day 2013.jpg|thumb|The Obamas worship at [[African Methodist Episcopal Church]] in Washington, D.C., January 2013]]simply
Obamas at church on Inauguration Day 2013.jpg.
Here, the caption is The Obamas worship at African Methodist Episcopal Church.
If you are going to add images to the infoboxes in articles, add them to the correct position as shown below.
| caption = The Obamas worship at African Methodist Episcopal Church
How do you want to participate in #WPWP?
This section is designed to fit neatly with your level of participation in WPWP. Click the buttons below to discover the modes of participation.
The WPWP Campaign is annual.
- Start for entries: 1st July, 2020 00:01 (UTC)
- Deadline for entries: 31st August, 2020 23:59 (UTC)
- Results announcement:
30th September, 20206th October, 2020.
International prize categories
Winning prizes for the user(s) with the most unique Wikipedia articles improved with photos
- 1st prize US$ 500 gift voucher
- 2nd prize US$ 400 gift voucher
- 3rd prize US$ 300 gift voucher
Winning prizes for the user(s) with the most unique Wikipedia articles improved with audio
- US$ 200 gift voucher
Winning prizes for the user(s) with the most unique Wikipedia articles improved with video
- US$ 200 gift voucher
Winning prizes for the new user(s) with the most unique Wikipedia articles improved with photos
- US$ 200 gift voucher
Winning prize by Wiki in Africa
- Winning prizes for users with the most Wiki Loves Africa image usage on Igbo, Swahili, Yoruba, Luganda, Hausa, Shona, Amharic, Lingala and Afrikaans Wikipedias. More info here.
- US$ 100 gift voucher (Note: To be eligible for the prize, you must have registered your account for at least 1 year and had made at least 330 mainspace edits to any language Wikipedia before 1st July 2020.)
- Note: due to difficulties to identify images inserted during the contest AND whether they are also from WLA categories, and due to the limited participation to those languages, we have decided to attribute the prize to
Wiki Loves Folklores Prizes