Wikimedia rörelse kring affiliates/modeller
The current Wikimedia affiliation models was developed by the Movement roles project. Development began in 2010 after discussion at the Chapters meeting 2010 and was approved unanimously by the Board of Trustees on March 31, 2012. The Affiliations Committee advises and makes recommendations regarding the recognition and existence of Wikimedia movement affiliates.
Affiliates may change from one affiliation model to another, and should prioritize cooperation with one another without hierarchy.
- Incorporated independent non-profits representing the Wikimedia movement and supporting movement work globally, focused within a geography. Chapters or national/sub-national organizations use a name clearly linking them to Wikimedia and are granted use of Wikimedia trademarks for their work, publicity, and fundraising.
- Incorporated independent non-profits representing the Wikimedia movement and supporting work focused on a specific theme, topic, subject or issue within or across countries and regions. Thematic organizations use a name clearly linking them to Wikimedia and are granted use of Wikimedia trademarks for their work, publicity, and fundraising.
- Open membership groups with an established contact person and history of projects, designed to be easy to form. User groups may or may not choose to incorporate and are granted limited use of the Wikimedia marks for publicity related to events and projects.
- Movement partners (not yet active)
- Like-minded organizations that actively support the Wikimedia movement’s work. They are listed publicly and granted limited use of the marks for publicity indicating their support of and collaboration with Wikimedia. Note: This model is currently under development and not yet active. See draft proposals at Wikimedia Affiliates Network and Movement roles project/Movement Partners.