Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees/nl
De Raad van Bestuur van de Wikimedia Foundation houdt als haar hoogste orgaan toezicht op de stichting en haar werk.
The Board was formed in 2003 with three Trustees, and since 2008 consists of up to ten Trustees. It appoints four officers: a Chair and Vice Chair (who have to be Trustees), and a Treasurer and Secretary (who do not). The work of the board partly involves resolutions and votes. Other work is delegated to a number of committees covering matters such as Board Governance, Audit, Human Resources, the Product Committee and the Community Affairs Committee.
De Raad wordt samengesteld uit de volgende zetels:
- one founder's seat (reserved for Jimmy Wales);
- two affiliate seats selected by the Wikimedia chapters and Wikimedia thematic organizations at affiliate-selected Board seats
- three seats nominated by the Wikimedia community at Wikimedia Foundation elections/Board elections
- four seats appointed by the rest of the Board for specific expertise selected in a process guided by the Wikimedia Foundation Board Governance Committee
De Raad contacteren
There is a Board noticeboard for sharing requests and recommendations. The Board can be contacted directly by posting to the noticeboard. The Foundation itself can be contacted in a number of ways as outlined on their contact page.
- Board of Trustees/Restructure Announcement Q&A, April 2008
- From the Board Chart template:
- Current liaisons: Dariusz Jemielniak and Esra'a Al Shafei
- Current liaisons: Shani Evenstein Sigalov, James Heilman, and Nataliia Tymkiv (alternate)
- Current liaison: Esra'a Al Shafei
- Current liaison: James Heilman
- List of Board meetings (with minutes)
- Essays and discussions on ideal membership: