Wikimédia Alapítvány Kuratóriuma
|Wikimedia Foundation staff and contractors particpate with the volunteer community in maintaining this page's content.|
A Wikimédia Alapítvány Kuratóriuma felügyeli az alapítványt és annak munkáját, mint annak legmagasabb szintű szerve.
The Board was formed in 2003 with three Trustees, and since 2020 consists of up to 16 Trustees. It appoints officers from the Trustees: a Chair, up to two Vice Chairs, and committee chairs. The Board appoints non-Trustee officers: a Chief Executive Officer, a Treasurer, and Secretary. The work of the Board partly involves resolutions and votes. Other work is delegated to a number of committees covering matters such as Board Governance, Audit, Human Resources, the Product Committee and the Community Affairs Committee.
The final composition of the Board is:
- one founder's seat (reserved for Jimmy Wales);
- seven seats appointed by the rest of the Board for specific expertise selected in a process guided by the Wikimedia Foundation Board Governance Committee
- eight seats sourced from the wider Wikimedia community at Wikimedia Foundation elections/Board elections
Contacting the Board
There is a Board noticeboard for sharing requests and recommendations. The Board can be contacted directly by posting to the noticeboard. The Wikimedia Foundation itself can be contacted in a number of ways as outlined on their contact page.
- Board of Trustees/Restructure Announcement Q&A, April 2008
- From the Board Chart template:
- Current liaisons: Dariusz Jemielniak and Esra'a Al Shafei
- Current liaisons: Shani Evenstein Sigalov, James Heilman, and Nataliia Tymkiv (alternate)
- Current liaison: Esra'a Al Shafei
- Current liaison: James Heilman
- List of Board meetings (with minutes)
- Essays and discussions on ideal membership: