Správní rada Nadace Wikimedia
Správní rada Nadace Wikimedia dohlíží na nadaci a její práci jakožto její nejvyšší správní orgán.
The Board was formed in 2003 with three Trustees, and since 2008 consists of up to ten Trustees. It appoints four officers: a Chair and Vice Chair (who have to be Trustees), and a Treasurer and Secretary (who do not). The work of the board partly involves resolutions and votes. Other work is delegated to a number of committees covering matters such as Board Governance, Audit, and Human Resources.
The Board is composed of the following seats:
- one founder's seat (reserved for Jimmy Wales);
- two affiliate seats selected by the Wikimedia chapters and Wikimedia thematic organizations at affiliate-selected Board seats
- three seats nominated by the Wikimedia community at Wikimedia Foundation elections/Board elections
- four seats appointed by the rest of the Board for specific expertise selected in a process guided by the Wikimedia Foundation Board Governance Committee
Contacting the Board
There is a Board noticeboard for sharing requests and recommendations. The Board can be contacted directly by posting to the noticeboard. The Foundation itself can be contacted in a number of ways as outlined on their contact page.
- Board of Trustees/Restructure Announcement Q&A, April 2008
- From the Board Chart template:
- Current liaisons: Dariusz Jemielniak and Esra'a Al Shafei
- Current liaisons: Shani Evenstein Sigalov, James Heilman, and Nataliia Tymkiv (alternate)
- Current liaison: Esra'a Al Shafei
- Current liaison: James Heilman
- List of Board meetings (with minutes)
- Essays and discussions on ideal membership: