Welcome to Meta!
Creating local user groupEdit
Hello, Sarri.greek. I remember that earlier in elwikt you quickly received my deletion request. It's been a long time no see. How have you been?
I read the message you left in SRM. Lua is not something I can help, but I understand that you want to create a group of local rollbackers. Creating a new user group is possible with local consensus. I think I can help that part if you want it. --Sotiale (talk) 06:23, 31 May 2020 (UTC)
- O!! Very, very kind of you Sotiale to notice, to volunteer. Thank you, I'm fine, and staying safe 'at home'! Hope you are well too.
- _rollbackers: Of course, we want it. We have two contributors waiting since February, there is no one who disagrees, but no one knows how to do it.
- My point, in general, is that some kind of uniform basic, repetitive, standard things should be available for all wikis 'from above'. The small ones are doomed: only by mere chance could we have someone who knows a bit of Lua or a bit of Python for bots. For example, at el.wiktionary, in the past, we had excellent contributors, they were active for many years, but now they are gone. Some tasks are left half-done. I had to read about wikitext and Lua at wikiversity, at wikipedias, at wikitonaries, -at my age!-. Sooo difficult. Sarri.greek (talk) 06:45, 31 May 2020 (UTC)
- I'm glad you're safe. Korea is less affected by the corona crisis than I thought, so I am doing well in my daily life. I'm an admin on medium-large wikis, but at the same time I'm also an admin on small wikis, so I understand the challenges you face from multiple perspectives. It is sad that my ability is not so great :( Anyway, creating a group of local rollbackers is not difficult. If there is a consensus between 7 and 14 days in a community space such as village pump, the group can be established.
- First, you need to discuss about permissions your community wants to give rollbackers. For example, enwikt rollbackers have only
rollbackpermission. Your community can add other permissions that are definitely needed locally. Once it's set up, open vote between 7 and 14 days to show support and oppose for developers to know. --Sotiale (talk) 07:10, 31 May 2020 (UTC)
Currently, the changed site settings are in the code review phase. After passing this step, the settings will be applied to the site :) (However, it is unknown who will press the button and when!) --Sotiale (talk) 10:23, 20 June 2020 (UTC)