Welcome to Meta!
Date change for Inspire Campaign WorkshopEdit
Hi Raavi. This message is related to the Inspire Campaign discussion on how to plan a pilot project. The January 31st and February 1st workshops have unfortunately been cancelled, and this workshop has been rescheduled for next week. The workshop is now scheduled for February 7th at 16:00 UTC. Your questions related to your project and starting a pilot are welcome during this session. If you are interested in attending, please sign up here when you are able. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 20:09, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
New community space for IdeaLab on ConnectEdit
Hi folks. If you're receiving this message, you've contributed to IdeaLab or an Inspire Campaign this year. Thanks for participating to develop ideas and review ones from other Wikimedians.
We are preparing some changes to IdeaLab and Inspire Campaigns. One of these changes is a new community space on Connect, where Wikimedians can find each other based on common activities or skills, and ask questions about the space. You are invited to join this community space for IdeaLab, especially if you would ever consider needing to find contributors with certain skills (like design or project management) or would like to offer your skills to others in our movement. To join, please proceed to Connect/IdeaLab and click on the "Add yourself" button on the right. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:53, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
Do you have an idea about how to measure the health of your community? Do you want to review ideas that others have submitted? Through August 10th, we are inviting ideas on how to capture the well-being of Wikimedia communities, in terms of matters like conflict resolution, effective content creation, and being able to contribute in a collaborative environment. Ideas can be focused on either quantitative techniques, such as gathering raw data, or qualitative techniques, like surveying contributors. If you are submitting an idea, guidance is available for how to move your idea into implementation, such as through a grant or starting a Phabricator task to engage with developers.
18:26, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
16:09, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
Trustee Evaluation Form for 2021 Board elections candidatureEdit
Hi Abdul, thanks for applying to be a candidate for the 2021 WMF Board elections. I see that your candidature page currently doesn't have the Trustee Evaluation Form filled in completely, which is an essential part of the application process. I am writing to follow-up with you to make sure that you aware of it, and it needs to be completed by . Please let me know if you need any support. KCVelaga (WMF) (talk) 08:14, 29 June 2021 (UTC)
Proof of Identity needed for Board of Trustee CandidacyEdit
Hi there! Candidates for this position must submit proof of identity and evidence of age of majority as a condition of candidacy. A copy of one of the following documents fulfills this:
- Driver's license
- Other official documentation indicating real name and age
This may be provided to the Wikimedia Foundation via email at secure-info wikimedia.org. Even if you may have done this previously for a different position, you are asked to complete this again. Please submit this by 29 June 2021 at 23:59 UTC.
If you are one of the selected candidates, the Wikimedia Foundation may need to request additional identifying information in order to run a background check prior to your appointment to the Board.
Candidacy in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees electionEdit
Hi there! I am reaching out about your decision to be a candidate in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election. The Board of Trustees decided there would be outreach available for the 2021 Board of Trustees election. There is a team of facilitators supporting this election through outreach activities.
The first thing facilitators plan to do during the campaign period is host a Conversation Chat for candidates. We will talk about the campaign timeline, activities, and answer questions you have. This is currently scheduled for July 3 at 15:00 UTC. This time might change.
Facilitators are reaching out to all candidates with this message. We can offer support to make sure your message is clear. This could be reviewing your candidate page for clarity. We can also clarify community questions that candidates answer during the campaign. Please let us know if you would like this support and we can schedule a time to chat. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 18:21, 29 June 2021 (UTC)
- Hi there! I want to let you know the Candidate Briefing Conversation Chat will be July 3 at 15:00 UTC via Google Meet. If this time does not work for you, it is not a problem. We can plan another time or way to get the information to you. Please just let me know what works for you. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 19:48, 1 July 2021 (UTC)
Candidate video recording guidelinesEdit
Hi Raavi, I am one of the election facilitators. I would like to share the guidelines for candidates to record short videos. I request you to please send me an email at kcvelaga-ctr wikimedia.org, so that I can share the guidelines. Thank you, KCVelaga (WMF) (talk) 10:20, 3 July 2021 (UTC)
Candidate update: community question translation and campaign activitiesEdit
I am writing to you about several things:
1. On 20 July the facilitation team will begin translating the candidate answers to questions selected by the Elections Committee. Please try to finish your answers by that date if possible.
2. There is a list of Campaign Activities planned by the facilitation team. We have heard feedback about Campaign Activities. Thank you for your patience as we are trying new things and learning. The facilitation team will discuss solutions to these frustrations on 21 July. Look for updates on the Campaign Activities list.
3. The Community Affairs Committee meeting with candidates is on 21 July. You may email questions to askcac wikimedia.org if that works better for you than writing on Meta. If you have not already received a calendar invitation, please email me at jkoerner-ctr wikimedia.org so a calendar invitation for the CAC meeting can be sent to you.