Hello Mensham49. A page you recently created was outside of Meta's scope and has been deleted or will be deleted soon; you might be looking for instead. In future, please remember that Meta exists for the documentation of the Wikimedia projects and that off-topic material is not accepted here. Thanks for your understanding. Glaisher [talk] 04:31, 28 November 2013 (UTC)
Protection of my user pageEdit
Admins, please permently protect my user page: I will edit that page.--220.127.116.11 19:56, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
Hello Mensham49. A page you recently created, Template:Infobox Public transit, was outside of Meta's scope and has been deleted or will be deleted soon; you might be looking for instead. In future, please remember that Meta exists for the documentation of the Wikimedia projects and that off-topic material is not accepted here. Thanks for your understanding. Tegel (Talk) 20:40, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Is there any particular reason why you you have a copy of a Wikipedia article on your user page? The user page is so you can present yourself to the community. So an article is off-topic material there. You seem to know a lot of different languages, so maybe I should write this in Swedish instead? -- Tegel (Talk) 13:20, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
- Please do not put the copy of the wikipedia article on your user page. Firstly, the content is out of scope for Meta (see Meta:About Meta). Secondly, you are breaching the terms of the licencing for the Wikipedia article. The licencing that the Wikipedias requires more (see w:Wikipedia:Copyright and w:Wikipedia:Text of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. In short, please do not do it, and we will keep removing it. — billinghurst sDrewth 03:59, 7 December 2013 (UTC)
- And in the end we have to block the account. -- Tegel (Talk) 13:52, 7 December 2013 (UTC)
- Each wiki has its own requirements, so something that you put on a user page at one wiki, may not be relevant at another. For instance, your autobahn gallery may be relevant at a wikipedia or at commons as that reflects your editing or image interests at those sites. It is not relevant here at meta, which is purely a central coordination site.
- Cyber security would indicate that you should not put your age on wiki pages, nor places where you live. It would be a good idea to remove that information, and we will hide those early edits.
- There are adults and children at this site, and like at home there are rules and processes. While we may not like certain rules and following advice, it is required in a community, or there are ways to go about seeking change. I know that we adults get grumpy and act like parents, and that is because we probably are parents. If that does not suit, then a site for others just of your age may be more appropriate. If that does suit, listening and learning are important.
- Admin tasks. Enjoy the site, the admin stuff is just decision-making and lots of reading and dealing with rules and people. I think that you should focus on content, and at the same time learning from people around you. Take things slowly, listen and learn, and then adminship will be waiting for you, and people will seek you out.