|Welcome to my talk page!
Read through the following text BEFORE you write your comments:
Have you read all the text above?? OK, then you can continue.
|Start a new discussion.|
|There is archives for this page. Don't edit the archive, start a new discussion thread instead.|
I see you removed my block. I can now edit. 2603:8000:EA43:F8F5:DCA:DB01:7CCB:D996 18:20, 31 January 2021 (UTC)
Needed assistance at no.wikibooks
Hi Tegel! I'm doing some temporary administrative work at the norwegian wikibooks. I have asked for help over at Steward requests/Miscellaneous#Update global bot policy template. I need help to implement the global bot policy by updating the Template:Bot policy. I have allready added no.wikibooks to the list Bot policy/Implementation#Where it is policy. There was one response, but he doesn't seem to understand my request. Can you please help? Possibly you could tell me if somethings missing in my request, or if it is misplaced -- Abuluntu ( talk) 15:20, 9 February 2021 (UTC)
What do you need to become admin on meta? I would like to fight LTA's and vandals (as I do in enwiki and request global locks here). Am I likely to have a successful RFA, and if not, what do I need? Steve M (talk) 02:45, 16 February 2021 (UTC)
- Hi. Check out Meta:Administrators and Meta:Requests for adminship and you will see what is expected of a Meta Admin. Compared with an admin on, for example Wikipedia, there is some additional rights that require some experience with cross-wiki issues. Report vandals at Steward requests/Global can anybody do, as you are already doing, but dealing with them and globally lock them is a job for the Stewards and not for Meta Admins. It's difficult to predict if you would have a successful RFA, but with edits on nine wikis and with only four of the wikis where the edit count is above 10 it might be tough to be elected. I thing that you would have a better chance if you where an admin on a content wiki such as Wikipedia first. -- Tegel (Talk) 18:06, 16 February 2021 (UTC)
I want to vanish from the wiki and have a clean start on a new account.
After all the stress I am getting with this account I would like to have a fresh start... 1. I get indef blocked for unfair reasons 2. I get accused of being a flipping sockpuppet...
- Hi. Vanish and an clean start is two different thing. So you are blocked on Wikipedia in English, but instead of solving the block you go ahead an create a new account to circumvent the block? How do you think that will work out? A clean start often mean that you stay away from all edit for 6-12 month, not create a new account two days after you got blocked. Then the local community "might" allow you to return with a new account. -- Tegel (Talk) 16:50, 26 February 2021 (UTC)
- But now you admit socking with at least one other account, so the question is what the local community on Wikipedia in English will thing about that when they find out. -- Tegel (Talk) 16:55, 26 February 2021 (UTC)
- EpicOmegy was the first (asked for it to be blocked when this acc got blocked) (EpicOmegy was not in the sockpuppet report for some reason. This account was second, (used to be called OmegySock) I used public Wifi more then secure wifi so I stopped using EpicOmegy.
Why did you delete my user page?
Hello Tegel, I have just went on the Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month/Participants page and noticed that you have deleted my user page link. I can't understand the reason you have done this, and nor do I understand the reason given by yourself for doing so. It is simply just my user page on there, and it was created under the correct name. I feel this may be a mistake, however if it is not, can you tell me what I have to do to rectify this? Kind regards Luke780 (talk) 16:27, 6 March 2021 (UTC)
- Hi. Your user page is located at User:Luke780. The other page that you created became a normal page and not a user page, so that is why it was deleted. -- Tegel (Talk) 16:30, 6 March 2021 (UTC)
If you select "Thailand" in ZenNet VPN once you created and logged to a dummy trial account there, you'll end up on that range. Besides that there's an unconfirmed rumor going around that the Myanmar junta might start a big editing operation in attempt to sway opinion undeservedly into their favor, which I think would include some of those proxies that would help them hide better.
Hi Tegel Thanks for reaching out. I posted a photo on Kim Kärnfalk for the wikipage for her. All rights cleared with the photographer Staffan Löwstedt./Best Anders Löwstedt —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Andlow (talk) 13:58, 6 May 2021 (UTC)
- OK. Du angav att det var du som tagit bilden, och då stämmer ju inte detta. Det räcker inte med att du fått OK från fotografen. Bilderna måste vara släppta under en fri licens. En licens som gör att vem som helst får använda bilden till i stort sett vad som helst, även kommersiellt, utan att behöva fråga om lov eller betala ersättning till fotografen. Tillståndet är alltså inte begränsat till Wikipedia. Jag lägger in en mall på bildsidan så får du information om hur Staffan ska skicka in sitt formella godkännade till vårt ärendehanteringssystem så att vi har godkännandet dokumenterat. -- Tegel (Talk) 14:53, 6 May 2021 (UTC)
You've got mail
|Hello, Tegel. Check your email—you've got mail!|
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk) 16:06, 27 May 2021 (UTC)
Invitation for Functionary consultation 2021
I'm letting you know in advance about a meeting I'd like to invite you to regarding the Universal Code of Conduct and the community's ownership of its future enforcement. I'm still in the process of putting together the details, but I wanted to share the date with you: 26 June, 2021. I do not have a time on this date yet, but I will let you soon. We have created a meta page with basic information. Please take a look at the meta page and sign up under the appropriate section.
Thank you for your time.--BAnand (WMF) 14:04, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
Invitation for Functionary consultation 2021
Greetings SWMT member,
I'm letting you know in advance about a meeting I'd like to invite you to regarding the Universal Code of Conduct and the community's ownership of its future enforcement. I'm still in the process of putting together the details, but I wanted to share the date with you: 10 July, 2021. I do not have a time on this date yet, but I will let you soon. We have created a meta page with basic information. Please take a look at the meta page and sign up your name under the appropriate section.
Thank you for your time.--BAnand (WMF) 03:21, 3 June 2021 (UTC)
- Last time I checked there was no clear consensus on either way, so users bring the standard of their home wiki to Meta. LTA's that has been vandalising cross-wiki for years should be locked anyway. -- Tegel (Talk) 12:32, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
Global Block vs Global Lock
Being globally blocked and being globally locked both mean that a user is blocked on all Wikimedia wikis. But what is the difference between globally blocked and globally locked? 188.8.131.52 15:29, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
- A global block (applies to IPs) means you can't edit on any wiki. A global lock (applies to accounts) means you can't log in with the account at all. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk) 15:40, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
- Globally blocked describes an IP user, while globally locked describes a logged in user account. 184.108.40.206 16:00, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
Hjälp med artistsida
Jag skulle behöva hjälp med att uppdatera en artistsida på Wikipedia. Eller två st, en på engelska och en på svenska.
Varje gång jag försöker göra det så försvinner det jag skrivit av någon anledning. Även om jag har källkritik. Har du tips på någon konsult eller liknande jag kan vända mig till för att hjälpa oss med detta?
- Det bästa är att du tar upp det till diskussion på artikelns diskussionssida. Då det ser ut som om det skulle kunna finnas en intressekonflikt om det är artister som du jobbar med professionellt så är det bäst att ta upp alla ändringar som du vill göra på diskussionssidan. Att hyra in någon för att editera artiklarna i erat ställe är inte att rekommendera av flera anledningar. -- Tegel (Talk) 12:07, 21 June 2021 (UTC)
Please see Steward_requests/Global#Global_lock_for_Sidowpknbkhihj_socks. Please block. ミンジャ (talk) 12:03, 26 June 2021 (UTC)
Oh this is my mother. The pic is mine, but it's from 2010. I think I changed it, but I'm little new here. Can you help me in how I publish this page so that people can read about her?
Does anyone to investigate this problem over IPv6 address range, but globally unblocked in every Wikimedia Foundation wikis (but some were blocked, including English Wikipedia). --2001:4452:492:D700:C573:BF11:B424:1A32 08:58, 22 July 2021 (UTC)
Problems with templates loading:
Uhhh, hello, there seems to be some sort of issue when I try to go to a page on here, and it just says Template:(Whatever it is). What seems to be the issue here? DarkMatterMan4500 (talk) (contribs) 01:46, 29 July 2021 (UTC)
- @DarkMatterMan4500 If you were talking about SRG, that was because the template include size was exceeded due to the high number of requests, but that is resolved for now. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk) 11:00, 29 July 2021 (UTC)
Hello, I am from Bengali Wikipedia. On there, I am autopatroller, reviewer, rollbacker and member of ip block exempt member. As I use share ip, I frequently face automatic global block. Now, I want to apply for Global ip block exempt. Please help me; 1) Am I worthy for this? 2) Where to apply? Regards. ShazidSharif (talk) 14:27, 8 August 2021 (UTC)
Are we likely to do anything about it if LTA's hit the wmflabs wikis, like Joaquinito, Voice Cast Vandal (which Chelston-temp-1 appears to be etc.) or can stewards not intervene in that? --Longstone owett (talk) 15:43, 8 August 2021 (UTC)
- What wiki are you referring to? Could you also state your previous account? -- Tegel (Talk) 15:46, 8 August 2021 (UTC)
- I'm talking more about meta.wikimedia.beta.wmflabs.org, but for the user I'm referring to, in general, en.wikipedia.org and en.wikiversity.org, a cross-wiki vandal who's on Steward requests/global. My previous account was a range of rotating IPs, including 220.127.116.11 (talk · contribs) on en.wikipedia, and I've been on various IPs for a while now, forget which. --Longstone owett (talk) 15:54, 8 August 2021 (UTC)
INC global ban
Remove content from User:Sinh tử hữu mệnh
Hi! Can you remove the words "ĐỊT CON MẸ THẰNG NGUYENHAI314" in the user page User:Sinh tử hữu mệnh? That's a personal attack content. If u don't belive, you can see the meaning of those words here. Thanks for your help. Nguyenhai314 (talk) 02:46, 26 August 2021 (UTC)
An apology for that troll-sounding name:
Regarding this note, I created that account called "Just some test account that needs to be locked anyway", with the intention of having that account locked upon self-request, and didn't realize immediately that asking for a self-requested lock was not appropriate, not to mention how terribly sorry I am for creating it, and will just stick to just 1 account, per the condition of not creating any new accounts, if that sounds fair to you. It DEFINITELY won't happen again. Again, I deeply apologize for that, and I wish to move on from it. DarkMatterMan4500 (talk) (contribs) 01:50, 4 September 2021 (UTC)