Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча/tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha/ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Welcome to Meta!Edit

Hello, Martin Rulsch (WMDE). Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!

-- Meta-Wiki Welcome (talk) 15:23, 15 September 2015 (UTC)

RfCNEdit

Hi, I've granted you the CN adminship as requested. Guess you know how it works already. ;-) -Barras talk 14:13, 22 December 2015 (UTC)

Thanks! ;-) Cheers, Martin Rulsch (WMDE) (talk) 14:15, 22 December 2015 (UTC)

WMDE scholarshipsEdit

Hi, I have no idea what your edit means... What does "travel budget" stand for? Is "30" the total number of scholarships WMDE will assign with their own process? What does "additional" mean? Nemo 10:56, 8 January 2016 (UTC)

"To the moon"Edit

I noticed you created the "too the moon" page. I am not sure who to turn to for this, but it seems people really want to know some more technical information, i.e. what kind of disc we're dealing with, what compression format we'd use, etc. The Technical unclearities section asks some of the best questions related to this. I hope someone with some details like these could share them with the community, so that we have a better idea what the specifics are. this section may also be of interest. Most of the talk page consists of less interesting discussions, though people simply disapproving of the idea in its entirety is common.

I wasn't sure what to do with this, but I feel like the talk page discussions are going nowhere without some input from people more closely related to the project. ~Mable (chat) 14:32, 22 April 2016 (UTC)

My colleague Michael responded to the latter link, after Wikimedia Conference I need some time to get an overview on the discussions first. Best, Martin Rulsch (WMDE) (talk) 14:25, 25 April 2016 (UTC)
Dear User:Martin Rulsch (WMDE), Thank you soooo much for starting the Moon discussion and taking up the torch. I tried to get Wikipedia off the ground and into space before at Wikipedia_likes_Galactic_Exploration_for_Posterity_2015. Some of that discussion in the talk pages can shed some light on the technical and cultural ramifications of your current project. After all, why reinvent the rocket ship. Please feel free to reach out on my EN:user:geraldshields11 talk page or email me if you need more information. Geraldshields11 (talk) 13:34, 4 May 2016 (UTC)
Nice idea! I forwarded Michael your proposal and the discussions around it. He will look deeper into this at times. Cheers, Martin Rulsch (WMDE) (talk) 12:16, 9 May 2016 (UTC)

Request for Input - New Central Notice request processEdit

Hello!

Back in February I emailed the CN-admin list regarding part of my role to look into the Central Notice process and see where we could make improvements including: the campaign process; its functionality or lack thereof; and fundamentally the documentation that supports it. You can see many of the issues that I identified at CentralNotice/Process_Review. If there is anything additional that you feel has been left out then please feel free to leave any comments on the talk page.

My first task is to improve the requesting of campaigns by communities and affiliates. I am looking to set up a more formal request process, similar to those used in many projects. The aim is to: increase the transparency of Central Notice; improve the support provided to affiliates (including making such support more consistent); to provide a forum for community input into campaigns.

I have been working on a very rough strawman version of the process and I would be interested in hearing you comments about what such a process should involve and what you think it would require. Please feel free to leave such comments at the process talk page section. I would like to have a working page in place by the end of May. This would not need to be a final version. The process can be improved upon over time as we learn about how well it works.

Given your role as a Meta Administrator who is actice in the area of Central Notice, I encourage you to:

Regards

Jseddon (WMF) (talk) Advancement Associate (Community Engagement) -- 02:49, 28 April 2016 (UTC)

(Double Posted for both as Staff and Volunteer role)

CentralNotice/Request/Dewiki Occasional Editors CampaignEdit

I'm very curious about this campaign and the background and rational behind it, but can't find anything about it in Wikipedia:Wikimedia Deutschland/Neue Ehrenamtliche/Übersicht/Aktuelles. What date should I be looking for? Ciell (talk) 09:17, 3 April 2020 (UTC)

It's now added. Best, Martin Rulsch (WMDE) (talk) 13:35, 7 April 2020 (UTC)

Campaigns Product Update #1Edit

What is next? At the office hours, we will share our first version of the designs for the Registration feature, and be asking for feedback. Additionally we will be onboarding our engineering team who will be building the registration feature.

Please invite  other organizers to subscribe to this newsletter or to unsubscribe at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns/Foundation_Product_Team/Subscribers  

The Campaign Product Team

Edit

Hi User:Martin_Rulsch_(WMDE)! I'm currently looking at JavaScript errors and there was a significant spike relating to one of the banners

MediaWiki:Centralnotice-template-wmde foerderung bewerben 02 MediaWiki:Centralnotice-template-wmde foerderung bewerben 05 MediaWiki:Centralnotice-template-WMDE vssurvey fall 2021 full MediaWiki:Centralnotice-template-wmde foerderung bewerben 03

In each of these the code:

var articlecategories = mw.config.get('wgCategories');

must be replaced with

var articlecategories = mw.config.get('wgCategories', []);

as wgCategories is not defined on all pages.

Can you help me get these fixed? I don't have the right edit rights to help with this right now.

Jon (WMF) (talk) 21:23, 5 October 2021 (UTC)

@Jon (WMF): Thanks for the note. Only MediaWiki:Centralnotice-template-WMDE vssurvey fall 2021 full is active which I have fixed now. Best, Martin Rulsch (WMDE) (talk) 21:38, 5 October 2021 (UTC)

Campaigns Product Update #2Edit

Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers! We are excited to share our updates:

  • Request for Feedback: We have shared our project principles, wireframes for the desktop version, and open questions for you about the team’s event registration project. See the latest status updates here.
Wireframes are design tools that imagine the future interface of the software. We haven’t built anything yet. We need your feedback on these designs so that we can make better product decisions. You can give feedback on the talk page regarding the design and features of the wireframes. We would love to hear your comments to help us establish the next necessary steps for the project.
Please share with us your feedback!
  • Presentations: The Campaign Product team participated in WikiArabia 2021 and WikiConference North America 2021 to give a brief introduction on how the team works. Senior Program Strategist Alex Stinson gave an overview about campaigns and how we can scale the organizing experience within the Movement. Senior Product Manager Ilana Fried gave an introduction about the Product Team and the project wireframes of the first campaign software solution: the on-wiki registration tool. View the recorded presentation here.
  • Team update: We have hired our first team engineer, JCarvalho and our campaign organizing fellow, IBrazal. Newsletter updates will be done by IBrazal and she will be coordinating with you! We hope to have the rest of the engineering team onboard soon! For those of who missed the last Campaign Office Hour, you may watch the recording to know more about the Campaign Product Team.

What is next?

Testers Needed! We will be partnering with YUX, a design research agency, to learn how our team can improve the experience of Wikimedia campaign organizers and participants in Africa. For this reason, we are looking for community members who are willing to be part of the rapid testing sessions. Preferably, we want organizers and editors who have worked in an African context. If you would like to participate in testing, please email ibrazal-ctr wikimedia org.
Upcoming Conferences. Wiki Indaba 2021. This year, the conference will be held virtually on November 5-7, 2021 with the theme "Rethink + Reset : Visions of the future". Read more about the conference here or register to join the event. We will be presenting the registration features on Sunday November 7.
We will also be attending Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021, which will be held virtually again this year on November 5-7, 2021. We will be presenting the registration tool on November 6 as part of our communication and sharing process.
Translation Support. We are also beginning to translate the updates on Registration. If you think your language community would benefit from updates, please translate here.


Invite other organizers to subscribe to this newsletter for updates!


The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:26, 28 October 2021 (UTC)

On-wiki Registration Wireframes (Request for Feedback)Edit

Hello!
We are very excited to share with you the wireframes for the desktop version of the On-Wiki Registration Tool. Feel free to share your feedback on this update. Results of these feedback will help determine the next steps we take. Thank you in advance!

Creating registration for event
   

View full Registration Form


First-Version Features

Viewing, deleting, and messaging participants Managing Registrations
   
Participants Registration
   


Access full project principles and wireframes documentation here.



Feel free to share your feedback!

Feedback
Do you see any advantage or disadvantage of any sort of our proposed event registration system?
Will it provide ease of access and use to you as a campaign organizer?
Does the proposed event registration provide convenience for registering participants?
What are the essential features this first version needs to have so that you can use it?
When you are running a campaign, what information do you typically send to participants, and where do you usually send it

(e.g., talk page, email, social media, etc)?

Do you prefer that we build the desktop version first or the mobile version of the registration system first?
Is there anything else you would like to add?


Thank you!

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 05:51, 25 November 2021 (UTC)

On-wiki Registration Wireframes (Request for Feedback)Edit

Hello!
We are very excited to share with you the wireframes for the desktop version of the On-Wiki Registration Tool. Feel free to share your feedback on this update. Results of these feedback will help determine the next steps we take. Thank you in advance!

Creating registration for event
   

View full Registration Form


First-Version Features

Viewing, deleting, and messaging participants Managing Registrations
   
Participants Registration
   


Access full project principles and wireframes documentation here.



Feel free to share your feedback!

Feedback
Do you see any advantage or disadvantage of any sort of our proposed event registration system?
Will it provide ease of access and use to you as a campaign organizer?
Does the proposed event registration provide convenience for registering participants?
What are the essential features this first version needs to have so that you can use it?
When you are running a campaign, what information do you typically send to participants, and where do you usually send it

(e.g., talk page, email, social media, etc)?

Do you prefer that we build the desktop version first or the mobile version of the registration system first?
Is there anything else you would like to add?


Thank you!

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:15, 25 November 2021 (UTC)

GEO, Wikipedia LibraryEdit

Hello,

GEO is listed under social sciences. However, the monthly issues also cover natural science topics. E.G.: [1]

GEO wird unter Sozialwissenschaften geführt. In den monatlichen Ausgaben werden allerdings auch Naturwissenschaftliche Themen behandelt. Z.B.: [2]

Greetings, Kogge

@Samwalton9 (WMF): Can you add another tag for Geo as proposed here: natural science. What would be the right way to propose that in the future? Phabricator? Best, Martin Rulsch (WMDE) (talk) 16:51, 23 March 2022 (UTC)

Campaigns Product Update #3Edit

Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers!

We are excited to share our updates:

  • Proposal to create new namespaces: We have proposed to create two namespaces, which are “Event” and “Event talk.” This way, we can easily create an Event Center that pulls data from event pages. This Event Center may include tools to create event pages with registration support, a calendar of events, and event statistics, among other features. More importantly, the Event Center will highlight organizing as an essential part of the Wikimedia movement. Please give us feedback on Phabricator or Meta about our proposal to create two new namespaces.
  • Engineering updates: We are excited that we have finished hiring for our engineering team! Three engineers and an engineering manager have joined our team since our last update. In the last few months, they have conducted technical planning and launched the building phase of the project. They are now building the registration tool. You can see the updated team on meta.
  • Design updates: We conducted usability tests with a small group of testers for early feedback on the desktop wireframes. After collecting this feedback, we have developed a new version for desktop wireframes, which will be ready to share in the next few weeks. These desktop wireframes display the user flow of two experiences: one for organizers who want to add registration to their event pages, and another for participants who want to register for an event. Additionally, the design team is also currently working on the first version of mobile wireframes, which will be shared during the next office hour.
1. View the latest desktop wireframes in Figma for Campaign Organizer Prototype and Participant Registration Prototype.
2. Leave us some feedback on the desktop wireframes. Note that we haven’t posted the newest version of the desktop wireframes on the project page yet, but we will soon (and you can feel free to add feedback on any version you have seen).
  • Ambassador updates: Three product ambassadors for the Arabic, French and Swahili communities have now joined our team! They will help us collect feedback from Wikimedia communities about the project and understand the needs of organizers, through gathering first-hand information. These ambassadors are immersed as actual members of these communities, so they will also help us identify the needs of the organizers in our pilot communities. The ambassadors are: M. Bachounda for Arabic communities, Georges Fodouop for French communities, and Antoni Mtavangu for Swahili communities.

What is next?

Next Office Hour: We will be holding an office hour on March 31, 2022 at 15:00 UTC, which will be conducted via Zoom. We invite everyone to attend, and we really hope to see you! The focus will be on the Registration Tool. The team will also be providing community updates on the usability test findings and design highlights for the wireframes. We will also share our current Project timeline and answer any questions you may have. Join us and share your thoughts on these developments!
In a few months, we are expecting to have the early testable version of the tool. By then, the team will be doing the first round of general testing and gathering feedback. We are looking forward to adding more features on the tool such as communication support, potentially by the end of this year. If you know other organizers that might be interested in following these developments, please recommend that they subscribe to the newsletter. We want to receive as much feedback as we can.

Thank you!


The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:26, 22 March 2022 (UTC)

Campaign Product Team Office Hour - March 31, 2022Edit

Hello Campaign Product Newsletter subscribers!

The Campaign Product Team will be hosting the next office hour to share exciting updates on the Registration Tool and new proposed namespaces for events. We will also be sharing community updates on the usability tests and design highlights of the latest mobile and desktop wireframes.

Join us and share your thoughts on these developments!

Date: March 31, 2022
Time: 15:00 UTC
Zoom Link: https://wikimedia.zoom.us/j/82046580320

You may also watch Campaigns Office Hour: Introducing the Campaigns Product Team to learn more about the Team and the previous wireframes.

Feel free to send a message to ibrazal-ctr@wikimedia.org if you want to receive an email reminder for this meeting.

Thank you.


The Campaign Product Team


MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:37, 30 March 2022 (UTC)