Welcome to Meta!
Hello, JBW. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!
Rschen7754 23:09, 30 September 2013 (UTC)
just a note on locks. When a lock happens, it prevents logging in', anywhere, even on meta. MechQuester (talk) 19:10, 16 December 2016 (UTC)
- @MechQuester: Thanks for explaining that. I have never been clear what the difference is between a lock and a block. JamesBWatson (talk) 21:10, 16 December 2016 (UTC)
- You probably are thinking of Global blocks. It technically can only to IP addresses and not users, at least what Global blocks says. In that case, the (hard) block will prevent editing everywhere except meta, where a local block has to be in place. A person can still log in but couldn't do anything except on meta. Then it would require contacting a steward. I hope that clears it up. MechQuester (talk) 23:40, 16 December 2016 (UTC)
— regards, Revi 20:05, 8 October 2018 (UTC)
Welcome! You are now a global renamer. Please feel free to ask, if you have any question. Matiia (talk) 21:19, 10 October 2018 (UTC)
- @JamesBWatson: I've just send you an email. Please look at it and send me a reply. Thank you. :) Trijnsteltalk 21:20, 10 October 2018 (UTC)
- PS. I see revi also emailed you. If you already replied to him, then it's fine too of course. Trijnsteltalk 21:21, 10 October 2018 (UTC)
Hi. To let you know about addition and hoping that it isn't going to cause issues. As an admin you should be able to work around this with features for creation, though if really necessary then please drop a note at the respective talk page and changes can be made. Pretty certain you can guess why acting. — billinghurst sDrewth 03:36, 14 December 2019 (UTC)
Hi JBW. Note that your email bounced on global-renamers-l. I've now re-subscribed it, but please check whether everything's okay with it. Tnx. Trijnsteltalk 11:52, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
- @Trijnstel: Thank you for telling me. I have checked, and confirmed that I am now subscribed, and I can't see what caused the problem. Let's hope whatever it was is over now. JBW (talk) 21:59, 21 November 2020 (UTC)