Dear Freddy eduardo, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:14, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for adding LGBT+ people to listEdit
You added some topics in Latin American history to Wiki99/LGBT+. Thanks a lot for that. I live in North America and know very little about LGBT public figures outside my culture.
I wish to encourage proportionate representation of various cultures in some shared list. I appreciate you adding to this because you are filling an information gap and reducing bias of the list. Blue Rasberry (talk) 17:48, 17 February 2020 (UTC)
- @Bluerasberry: any help you might need in the future with regards to LGBT topics in Latin America just let me know, I'll be happy to help :D --Freddy eduardo (talk) 19:23, 17 February 2020 (UTC)
- Do you have any ideas for some major topic which is not a biography?
- Something that came to my mind is that there is a story that in the 1990s Brazil rebelled against the American pharma industry by manufacturing HIV drugs without respect for the United States patent system. The United States told Brazil to pay American prices for these drugs, which would not work for their economy, so they made the drugs themselves in Brazil to save lives. If that is the story then it seems heroic to me. I am not sure if there is a name for this, and also not even sure if this is a popular story in Brazil.
- I really do not know what to imagine. What do you think are big events? Blue Rasberry (talk) 19:35, 17 February 2020 (UTC)
The Wikimedia LGBTQ+ User Group is holding online working days in May. If you’re an active Wikimedian, editing on LGBTQ+ issues or if you identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community, come help us set goals, develop our organisation and structures, consider how to respond to issues faced by Queer editors, and plan for the next 12 months.
We will be meeting online for 3 half-days, 14–16 May at 1400–1730 UTC. While our working language is English, we are looking to accommodate users who would prefer to participate in other languages, including translation facilities.
Días de trabajo «Queering Wikipedia 2021»: 14–16 de mayoEdit
El grupo de usuarios Wikiproyecto LGBTQ+ está organizando una serie de días de trabajo online. Como miembro del es:Wikiproyecto:LGBT, como wikimedista que edita sobre temáticas LGBTQ+, te invitamos a ayúdanos a definir metas y a desarrollar nuestra organización y estructuras.
Las días de trabajo se desarrollarán en inglés, con interpretación simultánea al español.
Esperamos conocérte en los días de trabajo: 14–16 de mayo, 1400–1730 UTC