User talk:Freddy eduardo
Welcome to Meta!Edit
Hello, Freddy eduardo. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!
-- Meta-Wiki Welcome (talk) 20:52, 25 August 2014 (UTC)
Dear Freddy eduardo, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:14, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for adding LGBT+ people to listEdit
You added some topics in Latin American history to Wiki99/LGBT+. Thanks a lot for that. I live in North America and know very little about LGBT public figures outside my culture.
I wish to encourage proportionate representation of various cultures in some shared list. I appreciate you adding to this because you are filling an information gap and reducing bias of the list. Blue Rasberry (talk) 17:48, 17 February 2020 (UTC)
- @Bluerasberry: any help you might need in the future with regards to LGBT topics in Latin America just let me know, I'll be happy to help :D --Freddy eduardo (talk) 19:23, 17 February 2020 (UTC)
- Do you have any ideas for some major topic which is not a biography?
- Something that came to my mind is that there is a story that in the 1990s Brazil rebelled against the American pharma industry by manufacturing HIV drugs without respect for the United States patent system. The United States told Brazil to pay American prices for these drugs, which would not work for their economy, so they made the drugs themselves in Brazil to save lives. If that is the story then it seems heroic to me. I am not sure if there is a name for this, and also not even sure if this is a popular story in Brazil.
- I really do not know what to imagine. What do you think are big events? Blue Rasberry (talk) 19:35, 17 February 2020 (UTC)
The Wikimedia LGBTQ+ User Group is holding online working days in May. If you’re an active Wikimedian, editing on LGBTQ+ issues or if you identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community, come help us set goals, develop our organisation and structures, consider how to respond to issues faced by Queer editors, and plan for the next 12 months.
We will be meeting online for 3 half-days, 14–16 May at 1400–1730 UTC. While our working language is English, we are looking to accommodate users who would prefer to participate in other languages, including translation facilities.
More information, and registration details, at QW2021.--Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group 15:43, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
Días de trabajo «Queering Wikipedia 2021»: 14–16 de mayoEdit
El grupo de usuarios Wikiproyecto LGBTQ+ está organizando una serie de días de trabajo online. Como miembro del es:Wikiproyecto:LGBT, como wikimedista que edita sobre temáticas LGBTQ+, te invitamos a ayúdanos a definir metas y a desarrollar nuestra organización y estructuras.
Las días de trabajo se desarrollarán en inglés, con interpretación simultánea al español.
Esperamos conocérte en los días de trabajo: 14–16 de mayo, 1400–1730 UTC
Para más información y cómo registrarse, visite al QW2021/es.--El grupo de usuarios Wikiproyecto LGBTQ+ 14:59, 2 May 2021 (UTC)
Queering Wikipedia 2022 AnnouncementEdit
Wikimedia LGBT+ and the organizing team of Queering Wikipedia is holding a Queering Wikipedia 2022 Meeting for LGBT+ Wikimedians and allies. The program will start with an informative, social and cultural activity on Friday 21st October at 18h UTC and working sessions on Saturday 22nd from 14h until 18h with an informal follow-up.
If you have been an active Wikimedian, contributing on LGBT+ topics, supporting LGBT+ activities or if you identify as part of the larger LGBT+ community and allies in Wikimedia, please come help us build our network of LGBT+ Wikimedians, set goals and develop our organization.
We will be meeting online, but encourage you to join in person with fellow Wikimedians if easy and safe. Our working languages are English and Spanish.
Registration for this online event is free and is open until Friday 21st October at 21h UTC.
More information, and registration details, may be found on Meta https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/QW2022
Thanks, from Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:19, 20 October 2022 (UTC)