Welcome to Meta!Edit
Hello, Ecritures. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!
Thank you and post-event survey for Met Open Access Artworks Challenge!Edit
We'd like to invite your participation in the post-event survey for the Met Open Access Artworks Challenge.--Pharos (talk) 20:23, 17 July 2017 (UTC)
- Just a reminder, if you haven't filled it out, the post-event survey is open only until July 31.--Pharos (talk) 18:53, 27 July 2017 (UTC)
Wikimedia Diversity Conference: We need your help!Edit
Thank you for signing up to be an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017! Some of the conference pages are now marked for translation. Please consider translating these pages to the languages you know so that people around the world can read about Wikimedia Diversity Conference in the languages they are familiar with. Please click on the 'Translate this page ' link on top of the main page of the conference to start translating! We are grateful that ambassadors like you are striving to make the Diversity Conference truly global and multi-linguistic. --Netha Hussain (talk) 18:28, 25 July 2017 (UTC)
Wikimedia diversity - What happened at the conference and how to follow upEdit
We are messaging you now because you signed up as an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017. We are sharing this message far and wide, so apologies in advance if you are receiving this message twice.
During the conference, we dedicated a full afternoon to discussing the strategic direction and what it means for the work on diversity in the Wikimedia movement. Compiling the outcomes of those conversations, we summarized the key problems and solutions identified, and we created a summary statement. But the conversation is far from over! We still need to hear from diversity ambassadors: (1) what does working for diversity mean at your local context?; (2) what are the needs that should be addressed; (3) what resources are relevant for these identified needs?
We know that diversity gains meaning in context, and this is why we need to hear every voice. Please take a few minutes to go over to the diversity conversation page and add your comments.
If you’d like to stay in touch, and share your experience working for diversity with others, add your profile on our group here.
Thank you and see you on the wiki,
MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:40, 5 December 2017 (UTC)
Template Wizard script available for testingEdit
Hello. I'm contacting you because you voted for the Infobox Wizard in the 2017 Community Wishlist Survey.
The Infobox Wizard has gotten an upgrade - it's now a Template Wizard which works for infoboxes and all other templates. The feature is being developed as an extension (which will allow for localization) but there is a prototype user script which works well.
The Wishlist Team would love it if you could take a few minutes to try the Template Wizard prototype script out and give us feedback on whether it lives up to your expectations. This feedback will help build the script into an extension. To get started, add the following to your Special:MyPage/common.js -
The Template Wizard will show up as a puzzle-piece icon in the 2010 WikiEditor. You can click on the icon to insert a template. Your thoughts are needed on whether it makes sense for the wizard to be available for all users by default or if there should be a preference for it. If it's a preference, what should the default be? Please leave your feedback here. Thank you! -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 22:42, 28 March 2018 (UTC)
- Is het bekend dat de gekozen gebruikersnaam ongewenst is volgens het huidige beleid?
tweede *: Bedrijfs-, organisatie- of merknamen.
- Het is een bedrijfsnaam
Collegiale groeten van Klaas `Z4␟` V: 13:32, 13 August 2018 (UTC)
- Beste KlaasZ4usV,
- Het beleid dat je hier aan de kaak stelt, is beleid van de Nederlandse Wikipedia. Het benoemen daarvan op meta zet weinig zoden aan de dijk.
- Je lijkt uit het oog te verliezen dat er een dringende oproep aan jou ligt om je op de Nederlandstalige Wiki en met betrekking tot haar gebruikers, bezig te houden met de inhoud van de encyclopedie. Wat je hier laat zien, is eerder aan te merken als volggedrag van een collega.
- De bedrijfsnaam is niet identiek aan de betreffende gebruikersnaam en de betreffende Wikipediaan heeft geen (werk)relatie met het genoemde bedrijf. Daarnaast zijn er zeer veel bedrijven en bedrijfjes op deze wereld, en komen er dagelijks vele bij. De kans dat een van die vele bedrijfjes een naam voert, kiest die aansluit bij een bestaande gebruikersnaam van een van de vele Wikipedianen op deze aardbol, is niet echt nul. In dit geval is de gebruikersnaam vijf jaar voor de oprichting van het bedrijf geregistreerd.
- Alsjeblieft, richt je op nuttiger zaken. Met vriendelijke groet, RonnieV (talk) 15:59, 14 August 2018 (UTC)
The Community Wishlist SurveyEdit
You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.
You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
I noticed that you have signed up as a Wikimedia Diversity Ambassador, after the Diversity Conference held in Stockholm 2017. In August this year, Wikimania will take place in Stockholm, and our goal is to use Ambassadors to reach out to local communities, to spread the news about the conference and the outcomes afterwards. The conference theme (still to be announced) will connect closely to diversity. If you would like to be involved as a Wikimania ambassador, please sign up at the Ambassador page at the Wikimania wiki!
A first thing to do, if you would like to help out, would be to translate the scholarship page at the Wikimania wiki into the language(s) you speak!
Best, Eric Luth (WMSE) (talk) 09:21, 13 February 2019 (UTC)
Questionnaire invitation (a new tool to be developed, to verify media data)Edit
Hi there, I'm developing a tool to assist users in verifying (structured) data of media on commons.
To understand the community's needs, I would like to invite you to participate in this questionnaire: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScbNdJdQYN1yBvEeKne48eWDU6SBsdlUfNBAmZyvUEBkCR1Gg/viewform?usp=sf_link. It should take ~2 minutes.
Thanks a lot. :D
(You received this message as you seems to have experience with structured data on Wikimedia projects.)
-- Gabrielchl (talk) 23:29, 20 May 2020 (UTC)
Cross Wiki copyright allegationEdit
Hi Ecritures, I want to share my concerns about your cross-Wiki copyright alligantions towards the Museum Rotterdam, direct and indirect:
- On the Dutch Wikipedia https://nl.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Axel_en_Helena_van_der_Kraan&type=revision&diff=56569014&oldid=56568997
- On the English Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Axel_en_Helena_van_der_Kraan&diff=prev&oldid=963114858
- On Commons https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Portret_van_Hans_Mesman_(Putten_1950),_bouwkundig_ingenieur.jpg
- On the Dutch Wikipedia https://nl.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Overleg:Axel_en_Helena_van_der_Kraan&diff=prev&oldid=56569041
We are talking about the file https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Portret_van_Hans_Mesman_(Putten_1950),_bouwkundig_ingenieur.jpg , which was uploaded by me five years ago, and added to the Dutch and English Wikipedia lemma a few days ago.
Now my problem:
- Out of the blue these files have been removed without any proper reason or link
- A deletion request is filled based on an obvious invalid reason
- Now it seems you have tried to bluff your way out of it, claiming the Museum Rotterdam has violated copyright on a much larger scale at the Dutch Wikipedia (4)
- This raised the question why you have neglected to mention this before and acted accordingly. I have commented in this direction on Commons, but you have failed to answer.
I have every reason to expect, giving your background, that you are just on a fishing expedition unaware of the basic in and outs. However I have become very concerned after your latest comment. First you have acted with an iron fist, which I think is not correct if an file is online for five years. Your last comment puts your early action in a different light. I think you have crossed the line, and cross wiki correction is required.
You have failed to comment on the Dutch Wikipedia and on Commons, which is not acceptable in the current situation. Now I think in this matter Wikipedia should take a stand. I would like this matter resolved ASAP and given this cross wiki nature of this matter, this is my first step. -- Mdd (talk) 15:58, 19 June 2020 (UTC)
- There has been a response on the Dutch Wikipedia, which doesn't make this better yet.
- Hallo Mdd, proefondervindelijk onderzoek: ofwel heel vaak belden tegenkomen met een verkeerde auteursrechtenlicentie. En zoals vermeld heb ik daarvan al een paar keer melding bij de erfgoedinstelling zelf gedaan. Ik zal ook op de punten reageren die je hebt beschreven op Overleg:Axel en Helena van der Kraan. Ecritures (overleg) 19 jun 2020 18:31 (CEST)
- Hi Mdd, experimental research: or very often encountering images with the wrong copyright license. And as mentioned, I have already reported this several times to the heritage institution itself. I will also respond to the points you described on Talk: Axel and Helena van der Kraan. Ecritures (talk) 19 Jun 2020 18:31 (CEST)
- There should be a code of conduct which mentions that first impressions, without any shred of evidence, will not do in such matters. Do you really think you can talk your way out of it in such a way? At least one or two diffs to an other online discussion or action should be required. I simply do not understand:
- The Museum Rotterdam tells us "At the moment, you can explore nearly 50.000 objects on our website..."
- And you are saying "a very large part of their collection is illegally making available under a CC license..."
- But here are the facts:
- Not all of those 34 deletion requests concern the Museum Rotterdam. Taking all of these things into account, according to me, you lose all credibility in this matter. The way your are trying to talk your way out of it, makes things even worse. I am sorry. I would like a rectification and an apology ASAP, and restoring of the situation assuming good faith for now. Then we can take out time to look into this matter.
- One more thing: As an profession artist I have dealt with these things for almost 30 years. The proof in these matters are mostly in the small letters of the sales contract. Hardly anybody has access to this kind of data. Refusal in the past to summit exactly that kind of data, doesn't mean it isn't there. The artist itself has been aware of the situation for years and has never said a word. Maybe there is a delegate status quo there. Who knows? Declaring large scale violations by such a loyal partner based on first personal impressions is... simply not done. -- Mdd (talk) 18:58, 19 June 2020 (UTC)
This situation has resolved itself in so far, that the allegations have been traced back to some events in the past. -- Mdd (talk) 01:57, 21 June 2020 (UTC)
The 2021 Community Wishlist Survey is now open! This survey is the process where communities decide what the Community Tech team should work on over the next year. We encourage everyone to submit proposals until the deadline on 30 November, or comment on other proposals to help make them better. The communities will vote on the proposals between 8 December and 21 December.
The Community Tech team is focused on tools for experienced Wikimedia editors. You can write proposals in any language, and we will translate them for you. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing your proposals!
18:26, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
We invite all registered users to vote on the 2021 Community Wishlist Survey. You can vote from now until 21 December for as many different wishes as you want.
In the Survey, wishes for new and improved tools for experienced editors are collected. After the voting, we will do our best to grant your wishes. We will start with the most popular ones.
We, the Community Tech, are one of the Wikimedia Foundation teams. We create and improve editing and wiki moderation tools. What we work on is decided based on results of the Community Wishlist Survey. Once a year, you can submit wishes. After two weeks, you can vote on the ones that you're most interested in. Next, we choose wishes from the survey to work on. Some of the wishes may be granted by volunteer developers or other teams.
We are waiting for your votes. Thank you!
16:09, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
Queering Wikipedia 2023 conferenceEdit
Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group and the organizing team of Queering Wikipedia is delivering the Queering Wikipedia 2023 Conference for LGBT+ Wikimedians and allies, as a hybrid, bilingual and trans-local event. It is online on 12, 14 and 17 May, the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia #IDAHOBIT, with offline events at around 10 locations on 5 continents in the 5-day span as QW2023 Nodes.
The online program is delivered as a series of keynotes, panels, presentations, workshops, lightning talks and creative interventions, starting on Friday noon (UTC) with the first keynote of Dr Nishant Shah entitled: I spy, with my little AI — Wikiway as a means to disrupt the ‘dirty queer’ impulses of emergent AI platforms. Second keynote is at Sunday’s closure by Esra’a Al Shafei, Wikimedia Foundation’s Board of Trustees vice chair, entitled: Digital Public Spaces for Queer Communities.
If you have been an active Wikimedian or enthusiast, supporting LGBT+ activities or if you identify as part of the larger LGBT+ community and allies in Wikimedia, please join us in advancing this thematic work. We encourage you to join online or in person with fellow Wikimedians if it is easy and safe to do so. Our working languages are English and Spanish, with possible local language support at sites of Nodes.
Registration for the online event is free and is open until Wednesday May 10th at 18:00 UTC, for safety protocol. Late event registration approval and event access denial is at the discretion of organizers.
More information, and registration details, may be found on Meta at QW2023
Thanks, from Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:56, 9 May 2023 (UTC)