Talk:Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network/2022
WikiForHumanRights Campaign edit
Hello, Please when is your next meeting. Will kindly want to know if it's possible to introduce the #WikiForHumanRights Campaign in one of your meetings? Either this month or next month. We want to encourage and support more local organizers. If this is possible we will be happy that you include us in your program for February 184.108.40.206 14:53, 10 January 2022 (UTC)
Desktop Improvements update and Office Hours invitation edit
It's not related to the governance affairs, but perhaps some of you would be interested: Desktop Improvements update and Office Hours invitation. SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 05:56, 25 January 2022 (UTC)
Next SWAN meeting for February 27 edit
The plan is to schedule the next SWAN meeting for February 27. This meeting would follow approximately the same timeframe as before, being two sessions on the same Sunday to accommodate a diversity of time zones.--Pharos (talk) 18:39, 17 February 2022 (UTC)
- @Pharos: Is it truth or a lie? If true, then it would be appropriate to edit the content of SWAN. Dušan Kreheľ (talk) 18:50, 17 February 2022 (UTC)
First call in 30 minutes (February) edit
Second call in 1 hour edit
Does someone record these? edit
SWAN & Desktop Improvements edit
Hello! I've been wondering if you could add Desktop Improvements to the agenda of the next meeting. I understand that this is not a standard topic for this group. It's a software development project, maybe not strictly related to affiliates' work. But then
- It's a major project
- The Web team hopes to get it rolled out across all wikis within a few months
- We would like to talk to various parts of the movement in advance, particularly because
- Some affiliates, esp. the emerging ones, have close connections with online communities in their languages.
- @SGrabarczuk (WMF): Sounds good, just keep in mind the context of the role of affiliates and to share how they can participate.--Pharos (talk) 13:49, 31 March 2022 (UTC)
- Good, of course. How much time would we have? SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 14:10, 31 March 2022 (UTC)
Next SWAN meeting for April 3 edit
The plan is to schedule the next SWAN meeting for April 3. This meeting would follow approximately the same timeframe as before, being two sessions on the same Sunday to accommodate a diversity of time zones.--Pharos (talk) 17:53, 16 March 2022 (UTC)
- Suggested agenda items
- Thank you Pharos! CCasares (WMF) was interested in providing an update about Leadership Development Working Group: Reminder to apply by 10 April 2022. Xeno (WMF) (talk) 15:36, 29 March 2022 (UTC)
- @CCasares (WMF) and Xeno (WMF): Great, would be glad to learn more about this initiative.--Pharos (talk) 13:51, 31 March 2022 (UTC)
First call in 30 minutes (April) edit
Second call in 1 hour (April) edit
Human Rights Policy Survey edit
Dear SWAN members, thank you for hosting the GA team in the last SWAN meeting. You can now share your experiences via our survey . If you missed our regional calls, we still want to hear from you!
Your experiences will help us learn how the Foundation can better support individuals. The survey is currently being translated into 10+ other languages. You can find all updates, links, and additional information about the Human Rights Policy community consultations on this Meta page .
This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement .
Human Rights Policy Community Conversation edit
Hello SWAN members! As I mentioned during the 3 April SWAN meeting, the Global Advocacy team has organized a series of regional community conversation events to receive input from community members on the implementation of the Human Rights Policy. I'm excited to let you know that we have scheduled these events, which you can learn more about here. Below is some additional information about these events:
What is the outcome of these sessions? We will do two things with the information that is shared via these conversations and other, smaller focus groups. (1) We will share a summary of our findings by publishing them on Meta, in a Diff blog, and (hopefully!) presenting them at Wikimania. (2) Feedback and recommendations will shape the implementation process of the Human Rights Policy.
Where can you learn more about these calls and the Human Rights Policy? You can learn more about the conversion format, types of questions that will guide the conversation, as well as the Human Rights Policy [here].
What if you can’t join any of these conversations? If you are interested but cannot attend the calls you can still share your experiences via a survey that will soon be available.
When are these conversations occurring?
- Latin America & Caribbean Region Focus
- Tuesday May 3
- 19:00 (Santiago, Chile), 23:00 (UTC)
- Register via Zoom
- Central & Eastern Europe Region Focus
- Monday May 9
- 19:00 (Berlin, Germany), 17:00 (UTC)
- Register via Zoom
- Africa Region Focus
- Thursday May 12
- 19:00 (Abuja, Nigeria), 18:00 (UTC)
- Register via Zoom
- Asia Region Focus
- Monday May 16
- 20:00 (Jakarta, Indonesia), 12:00 (UTC)
- Register via Zoom
Next SWAN meeting for May 8 edit
The plan is to schedule the next SWAN meeting for May 8. This meeting would follow approximately the same timeframe as before, being two sessions on the same Sunday to accommodate a diversity of time zones.--Pharos (talk) 23:55, 2 May 2022 (UTC)
First call in 30 minutes (May) edit
Second call in 1 hour (May) edit
Next SWAN meeting for June 5 edit
The plan is to schedule the next SWAN meeting for June 5. This meeting would follow approximately the same timeframe as before, being two sessions on the same Sunday to accommodate a diversity of time zones.--Pharos (talk) 15:47, 21 May 2022 (UTC)
Next SWAN meeting for July 3 edit
Invitation to join the Public Policy monthly call - July 1, 2022 edit
Dear SWANers, thank you for hosting the Global Advocacy team and also for tolerating my many messages. What can I say, you're very in demand!
We are hosting our first-ever monthly conversation hours later this month and would love to invite members of this group. The call is on July 1 at 16h EST. All information you need to participate is on this Meta page .
The agenda is split between a dedicated theme for the month and whatever items you wish to cover. This month we will share some of our work on disinformation. There is no set agenda for the second half of the call - feel free to add your item to the list of topics in the etherpad . Come and talk to us! Ask us anything, or tell us anything, related to public policy and advocacy initiatives for free knowledge online. For example:
- You want to learn more about our team and our current initiatives
- You would like to share a policy development or advocacy campaign idea and would like to get feedback or support
- You have questions about a specific WMF policy priority or development
note re page edit
Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right place to make apologies, but I can't spot somewhere else. I'm travelling on Sunday (returning from visiting family), so won't be able to make the call this month, sorry. Thanks. Mike Peel (talk) 07:13, 27 June 2022 (UTC)