Sunday May 8 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Swans are musical creatures.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including 2022 Board of Trustees Call for Candidates, Movement Charter/Content preliminary narrative, Human Rights Policy Community Conversations, Wikimedia Foundation Annual Plan Feedback, IP blocking and Open Proxies discussion, Wikimedia Hackathon 2022 May 20-22 + local events, and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday May 8, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and , note that some areas recently experienced daylight savings time changes).--Pharos (talk) 18:57, 4 May 2022 (UTC)

@Pharos thank you for sharing the invitation with me! I would be delighted to join and have just RSVPd. See you soon! FPutz (WMF) (talk) 22:14, 4 May 2022 (UTC)
Hey @PharosI'm sorry I could not make it and sent @RGaines (WMF)instead. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or future opportunities related to Global Advocacy/Public Policy. Hope to see you at the next SWAN call. FPutz (WMF) (talk) 09:26, 10 May 2022 (UTC)

Sunday June 5 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Swan impressions.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter, Hubs Global Conversation this June, WMF Proposal for Movement Strategy Forum, New rounds of WMF Conference Funds including in-person events, WMF Proposal for Sound Logo Contest, WMF Elections Analysis Committee selection, wikimania:Program submissions due June 10 (scholarship and local event grants due June 3) and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday June 5, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and ).--Pharos via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:19, 1 June 2022 (UTC)

Request to join callEdit

hi there. I would like to join the Invitational Wikimedia Public Policy monthly call, July 1 @ 16h EST. could you please send details? Also, could you please add me to the list to receive notifications? thanks. --Sm8900 (talk) 16:22, 7 June 2022 (UTC)

Sunday July 3 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meetingEdit

 
Swan celestial.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter, Hubs Global Conversation last week, Affiliate voting period to shortlist WMF Board candidates (July 1-15), Wikimania updates, Desktop improvements, Wikimedia Enterprise first customers, Call for program submissions and updates for a global diversity of regional/linguistic Wiki-Conferences, Wikidata:Wiki Mentor Africa and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 3, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and ).--Pharos via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:57, 30 June 2022 (UTC)

Hey @Pharos! Are there calls planned for November or December? I haven't seen any on the SWAN page. FPutz (WMF) (talk) 16:57, 4 October 2022 (UTC)

July 1 Conversation Hours call notesEdit

There is no call Notes of Global Advocacy Conversation Hours in July 1. Any update of this? Thanks. SCP-2000 04:56, 24 July 2022 (UTC)

Hi there! There are no notes for July 1 because this call had been canceled. You can see, however, that the call for the Asia-Pacific friendly time on June 29th did take place and notes are recorded. The canceled call has been rescheduled to July 28th and we're running an extended call with two topics (on our end), so feel free to join for the portion that interests you and then to drop off.
Last thing to note: this is our pilot, so I'd love to hear your feedback...specifically on our communications. I'm sorry to hear that communication (that the call was canceled) did not reach you. If you have suggestions on how we can improve the channels through which we communicate, to reach interested folks like yourself, I'd love to know!! Feel free to post here, on the MSG forum, or to email me directly (fputz@wikimedia.org). Hope to hear from you either on the call or here! FPutz (WMF) (talk) 21:01, 26 July 2022 (UTC)

Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022 submissionEdit

Dear Franziska,

On behalf of the Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022 programme committee, I am pleased to inform you that your submission "What does it take to build a movement of free knowledge protectors?" has been accepted as a workshop. Considering that the conference will have language interpretation from English into Russian and vice versa, you have the choice between English and Russian as a language that you will use in your session. If you have not yet registered for the conference, please fill in the registration form. In case you have any additional requests or questions, do not hesitate to contact me or any other committee member.

Best regards.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 18:57, 24 August 2022 (UTC)

Thanks @Kiril Simeonovski! How much time has been allotted for my session? And is there any kind of deadline for content or finalized material that I should be aware of? FPutz (WMF) (talk) 11:47, 6 September 2022 (UTC)
Hi Franziska, the duration of your session will be 90 minutes, which is the standardised time for a workshop. There won't be a strict deadline for uploading the presentation slides to the Commons category, but it's recommended to do it before the conference if possible. Best.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 11:52, 6 September 2022 (UTC)
Perfect, thanks for the prompt and helpful response. FPutz (WMF) (talk) 12:19, 6 September 2022 (UTC)