Wikimedia European Affiliates Cooperation/European Regional Event November 2020
In May 2020, the Movement Strategy recommendations were published. Now it’s time to figure out how to implement them. Wikimedia affiliates and communities are in the process of selecting their top priorities for implementation in 2021. Prioritization is the start of the transition to implementation. In addition to the ongoing local community events and conversations, a Regional European Affiliates Transition Event will take place virtually on 14 November 2020, from 11:30-15:30 UTC. Participation is limited to 2 representatives from each Affiliate that is based in or mainly operates within Europe.
Focus of the event is preparing the Affiliates from Europe for the upcoming global strategy events, discussing which needs are most prevalent within Europe, and how we as Europeans can contribute to the global implementation.
The event will be organised and hosted by Wikimedia Österreich, Wikimedia Deutschland, and Wikimedia Nederland. We are currently preparing the agenda and structure of the meeting and will share details on how to participate soon. The meeting will be held in English.
All times are in UTC for easier use for everyone:
- 11:30 Meeting room opens; arrive, virtual coffee
- 12:00 Welcome and Intro
- 12:15 Onboarding and preparation for global events
- 12:50 Priorities: Recommendations
- 13:30 Break
- 14:00 Priorities: Initiatives
- 14:45 Presentation of discussion results
- 15:00 Q&A with WMF staff
- 15:20 Wrap up, closing, socializing
- 16:00 Meeting room closes
Participation is limited to 2 representatives from each Affiliate that is based in or mainly operates within Europe.
Access to the meeting is restricted to the representatives who signed up here by 13 November, to create a well-balanced group of participants which covers the variety of affiliates in Europe. An invite to the zoom meeting has been sent to participants.
- Wikimedia UG Georgia – Mehman Ibragimov
- Wikimédia France - Pierre-Yves Beaudouin and Rémy Gerbet WMFr
- Wikimedia Russia - Stanislav Kozlovskiy and Vladimir Medeyko
- Wikimedia Polska – Michał Buczyński
- Amical Wikimedia – Marc Miquel and Francesc Fort
- GLAM Macedonia - Žana Štrkovska
- Wikimedia Belgium - Geert Van Pamel (WMBE)
- Wikimedia Austria - Claudia.Garad and Philip Kopetzky
- WikiDonne User Group – Camelia Boban
- Wikimedia Deutschland – Lukas Mezger and Alice Wiegand
- Wikiesfera – PatriHorrillo
- Wikimedia Community Malta – Toni Sant
- Wikimedia Serbia - Miroslav Loci
- Wikimedians of Albanian Language User Group - Greta
- Wikimedia Portugal - DarwIn and GoEThe
- Wikimedia Nederland - Jan-Bart de Vreede and Sandra Rientjes
- Wikimedia CH - Rama
- Wikimedia Ukraine - Mykola Kozlenko
- Wikimedia_LGBT+ - Z. Blace
Reading material and preparation edit
GoogleDoc - if you have clarifying questions, the comment function is activated :-)
Friendly space policy edit
Note that the Wikimedia friendly space policy is applied, and that we will have a friendly space officer in the meeting to ensure that the policy is adhered to.