|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in September 2018, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
Checking IPs of some suspected accounts
Question about the procedure for removing CU/OS access
There is a question on en:Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Motions about CheckUser/Oversight access removal procedure that a steward may want to comment on. Jo-Jo Eumerus (talk, contributions) 07:36, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- This section was archived on a request by: — regards, Revi 06:17, 1 October 2018 (UTC)
Rights at srwq
Hi everyone. I was contacted recently regarding my inactivity on Serbian Wikiquote and my admin & bureaucrat rights there. I started a discussion at the Village pump, where there have been no negative comments (mind you, it's a very tiny community, so not many voices were expected to be heard). I'd like to keep my rights, so that I could use them for combating vandalism and general maintenance of the site when necessary. --FiliP ██ 09:54, 9 September 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for your notification and for continuing to be available as a sysop! --MF-W 01:13, 15 September 2018 (UTC)
IP block exempt requested
I've been contributing to Wikidata for a few weeks reference message, but I am getting a notice that my IP has been globally blocked, my IP is 188.8.131.52 the block was made by user Vituzzu . So I request for an IP block exemption to continue my editing. Naga sai sravanth (talk) 14:42, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
- @Naga sai sravanth: requests like that should be made at SRGP. Noting that IP address has been blocked since 2017, so are you on a dynamic IP, and that is just your IP address at the moment? If so, you should reflect that in your request that it is a pointless block. a — billinghurst sDrewth 02:16, 15 September 2018 (UTC)
Given that its subject continues to attempt editing on Wikidata anonymously via any of several Berlin-based Telefonica Germany IP ranges, how should we enforce this particular ban? The attitude which prompted the ban initially has reared its ugly head once again and as a result I have made yet another series of blocks, which I am contending has been and still is probably not ideal.
Action required on mrwiki, Abuse of powers by Admin Tiven2240
Here are few differences and links which display what and how he has done things,
- This is a link to tiven's talkpage where I had requested him at last to stop his disruptive edits, which also has links to pages/diffs of = * This is a link to the session where he had reverted my edits without any discussions and interestingly, as a norm on mrwiki every page should have Marathi name and so I had tagged those redirection pages for deletion, which is a usual practice on mrwiki and other admins are following it and they have deleted such English redirects to Marathi pages. But Tiven2240 not just reverted those edits but started edit warring of such reverts. and when reverted his edits back to my version with the proper reason he warned me for reverting the edits.
- This page of Bhimrao Ambedkar is protected for long for the reason that it was the most contested page on mrwiki given the copyvio, peacock words, npov and much more in it(And I have been working on it to clean it), so instead of letting me mark the copyvio and he removing the copyvio from that article, this article is protected fully now. this decision was taken by Tiven only and no solution is offered ahead. This was done by him as tiven can't understand what is being discussed in Marathi on the talkpage of Ambedkar page. This article stands fully protected even till now.
- He works in close connections with User:Sandesh_Hiwale who happens to be big time copypvio and Sandesh hiwale is blocked on enwiki sockpuppetry and copyvio, but he continues to edit on mrwiki and hiwiki, So to save sandesh hiwale, Tiven has taken the decision to fully protect Ambedkar article. their friendship is pretty much visible in tiven's edits on enwiki as Tiven edited the pages Hiwale wanted to and according to hiwale's instructions I know this because they did the same thing on mrwiki. Tiven's contributions on enwiki speak clearly about this nexus.
- I was attacked personally on the discussion pages by Tiven. Not just that he has used abusive language several times for me and other editors also. Tiven-hiwale connection follows here also and whenever tiven warns me hiwale works as a troll and drops his comment. which tells they work together to troll other editors.
- This is where he questioned notability for the page "bharat mata"(Mother India, the goddess incarnation of the nation) interestingly on the day of Indian independence. where all the references and wikilinks were already in place and enwiki also has the same page. But to oppose and create fear in some editors, tiven has done it several times. This talkpage also mentions earlier attacks he has done me and other editors on mrwiki.
- I was attacked personally using slang words like idiot/murkha in Marathi.
- This is the link to the page where he had asked for technical admin rights and I expressed my opinion against him, so he attacked me personally and abused me using many abusive words.
- Here he directly declared a policy of ownership of content policy, without any discussions and community consensus, though such policy can't be really different from the usual enwiki or policy on any wiki, still it needs community consensus but to prevent and scare some editors who were using Template:In_use to stop getting affected by the other disruptive editors including Sandesh Hiwale. Tiven named such use of in use template as a violation of this policy and scared women editors who were using this template to avoid edit conflicts. So in hurry tiven created this policy page and started using this as the tool to scare. This clearly showcases the abuse of power. talkpage of this policy mentions all these events in details.
- this talkpage also documents the interesting history of the use of this template:in use, that this template was suggested by tiven himself and then when he thought it's being misused(and no proof of such misuse was ever given by him!), he got this ownership policy page all of sudden to counter what he himself had suggested earlier. which showcases the clear misuse of power and lack of understanding of the policies.
- He has warned me and others several times for blocking because of the fact that he couldn't really understand what was being discussed one example is here where he reverted his warning after he was explained briefly on his mistakes.
- Block on me was not just unwarrented but irrational as it violets the basic guidelines of wp:involved, as he was supposed to discuss and not block or take any actions but he blocked me. More sadly I was blocked for reverts when in reality Tiven himself reverted my same edits without even giving any single reason or rational edit sums.
So hereby I request the attention of stewards on this situation and I thought as he is also a member of otrs and active on enwiki I should put in a request here in addition to mrwiki. --Sureshkhole (talk) 21:00, 15 September 2018 (UTC)
- User talk:-revi/FAQ#desysop, have a look at this. — regards, Revi 05:46, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- Tiven2240 is a temporary sysop until 16 October. If they apply for an extension you can participate in the discussion. Ruslik (talk) 07:55, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- User:@-revi and Ruslik0: and other stewards. Thanks for taking time and showing appropriate solutions to User:Sureshkhole.
- As per said this is a local matters and clearly be dealth locally. Just to brief I am voted locally by community consensus and kept on temporary basis for administrator privileges by our bureaucrat. About the conscerns raised by the user for me being with touch with Sandesh hiwale I don't think it that true as it explains, I feel as a admin/user it's my pleasure to assist/encourage editors to edit wikipedia in a encyclopedic way. U may see that I do it with every user that hits my talk or pings me, And as can see the edit history of Dr.B.R.Ambedkar on mrwp. Surely it's because of the vandalism and removal of high amount of bytes by the complaining user I have protected it for untill further untill discussion and community consensus. The reasons are clear and even the active members/editors working on this article know why the article is protected (surely we have edit request available for it). The complaining user flooded many articles with deletion tag and for which I gave it warnings. Almost 3-4 times in history when the user has not pay heed to my warns I feel it appropriate to block the user for 2 hrs and surely will in future if it goes against wikipedia policies.
- On a whole this user has potential but doesn't knows the working of wikipedia and worst thing is that it doesn't even wants to learn it. Surely I can't help in it as this user clearly believes that he has not trust in Good faith. Restly I think @अभय नातू: our 'crat or @V.narsikar: will assist the complaining user and surely hope that there will be some may out of this. Thanking you.--Tiven2240 (talk) 09:16, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- I need to resolve this situation at mrwiki locally only (As there are only three active admins on mrwiki and out of which one happens to be tiven and two of others havn't replied to my pings yet!)
- If all of the admins do not pay attention to my requests/pings and tiven continues to behave the same, then only I can come back here, right?
- In reply to what tiven has said above is, even here he is not out of his fights and he never had any sense of what good faith is, as even here he is accusing me of not able to learn without any reasons/links/diffs. Where my edit histories clearly display what I am now.
- Thanks again for your help Revi and Ruslik0, I would come back if it doesn't get resolved locally. --Sureshkhole (talk) 10:41, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- Stewards' task, according to the policy, is "to implement valid community consensus within the bounds of the Foundation's goals". We are not permitted to arbitrate you and Tiven, nor can we remove their sysop permission without your local community deciding so. Your only available option is discussing with your community, we cannot act as almighty judge and decide who is misbehaving or not. — regards, Revi 11:36, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
Report the WP:HOUND cases
It's reasonable to believe user:Roy17 is doing en:WP:HOUND to multi-users including my account across different wiki platform, as "following other users around" is accompanied by tendentiousness, personal attacks and other disruptive behavior.
The cases below shows the Hounding: zh:special:diff/49568475&zh:special:diff/49814337、yue:special:diff/1217335&[粵維]，zh:Special:Diff/51233859&zh:Special:Diff/51239881，yue:special:diff/1224192&yue:special:diff/1224212
Since other users have the argument with user:Roy17,it would track back their records of edit and has done edit raising the suspicion that the contributions are being followed to cause other users distress and out of revenge for a perceived slight. After that it also had reported the other users maliciously,using words quite unfriendly and inciting provocation.
These works undermine, frighten and discourage other users from editing. Please keep an eye on user:Roy17 for considering that would damaging to the work of building an encyclopedia.
inactive admin in sa.wiki
https://sa.wikipedia.org/wiki/विशेषः:योगदानानि/Eukesh is inactive since last 2 years or more. You can remove the right. Thank you. NehalDaveND (talk) 05:45, 20 September 2018 (UTC)
IP 184.108.40.206 from Mures Region
- 220.127.116.11 – Hmm! What this IP address located in Mures,RO did edits for Wikimedia cross-wiki projects? This comes from Targu Mures (RO) and in the last momment, the anon. began cross-wiki edits then did on de.wikipedia, fr.wikipedia, hu.wikipedia, it.wikipedia, ro.wikipedia and on wikidata. Now, Pafsanias blocked it on Romanian Wikipedia for 1 year. Should IP address could be open proxy? If yes, please look here how to rid this underlying IP. Thanks!
2018 Persian Wikipedia Arbitration Committee Election
This is the third year that the Persian Wikipedia community is going to hold the Arbitration Committee Election using SecurePoll just like the English Wikipedia. We have taken care of all the arrangements. We just need one steward or two to volunteer to serve as scrutineer(s). We would prefer if scrutineers do not have much involvement with fawiki in order to help preserve the integrity of the election. The current timetable will have voting between 31 October and 13 November. We expect a voter turnout of about 100 users, so the task will not be hard. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thanks in advance, 4nn1l2 (talk) 11:36, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
- I have bit of time. — regards, Revi 11:53, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
- @4nn1l2: I can help also --Alaa :)..! 18:20, 21 October 2018 (UTC)
- This section was archived on a request by: — regards, Revi 03:29, 31 October 2018 (UTC)