Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Toba Batak
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Toba Batak|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||bbc (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Toba Batak||Language name in English|
|Language name||ᯅᯖᯂ᯲ ᯖᯬᯅ / Batak Toba||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33017 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||Wikipedia||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikipedia||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Parhataon ni Wikipedia||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Jakarta||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Toba Batak (Hata Batak Toba) is an Austronesian language which is spoken by the Toba Batak people. It is a part of the Batakic languages. That language used to be written in Surat Batak, but nowadays it is written in the Latin alphabet.
The native land of the Toba Batak speakers is located in North Sumatra, Indonesia, especially regencies surrounding Lake Toba and Samosir Island such as North Tapanuli, Toba, Samosir and Humbang Hasundutan. The Toba Batak speakers can also be found in other areas of North Sumatra such as Medan, Dairi, Simalungun, and Pematang Siantar, and other areas of Indonesia such as Riau, Riau Islands, Jakarta, and West Java.
The Toba Batak language is a part of the Toba Batak culture. The existence of Wikipedia Batak Toba is important for preserving the Toba Batak language and also spreading knowledge about Toba Batak, Indonesia and the universe for the Toba Batak people in their own language.
Arguments in favorEdit
- のここり ♫ 15:44, 4 September 2020 (UTC)
- Wirjadisastra (talk) 13:53, 1 September 2020 (UTC)
- Herryz (talk) 14:30, 1 September 2020 (UTC)
- A Cat 🐈 (talk) 04:44, 2 September 2020 (UTC)
- Luh Gede Krismayanti (talk) 12:48, 2 September 2020 (UTC)
- Pinerineks (talk) 04:51, 2 September 2020 (UTC)
- 27christian11 (talk) 04:51, 2 September 2020 (UTC)
- The Bataknese is a large and important ethnic from North Sumatra. It has a long cultural heritage and has left a written inscription since 12th CE (id:Prasasti Batugana I). XoXo (talk) 05:06, 2 September 2020 (UTC)
- Support Wikipedia Toba Batak or Batak Toba? Otherwise, loved to see this wiki created. Joseagush (talk) 05:08, 2 September 2020 (UTC)
- Symphonium264 (talk) 05:15, 2 September 2020 (UTC)
- Support Olo! Au galang ni Wikipedia Toba Batakkon! Jeromi Mikhael (talk) 05:20, 2 September 2020 (UTC)
- Support huge support. Really needed. The Bataknese is a hugely important ethnic in Indonesia. We're leaving out a huge amount without this inclusion. Xn00bit (talk) 06:31, 2 September 2020 (UTC)
- Rano support a new edition of Wikipedia, as one of the moves to preserve the language and to 'free knowledge for one and all'! --Rano (talk) 06:42, 2 September 2020 (UTC)
- Auhon! Blue Sonic (talk) 07:03, 2 September 2020 (UTC)
- Serigalakampus (talk) 12:11, 2 September 2020 (UTC)
- Batak Toba is one of the growing Indonesian languages community with great potential. I have seen active participation by its native speakers and considerable institutional support from Wikimedia Indonesia (e.g. social media posts and engagement in Toba language). Given time, it would be a valuable addition for the Wikimedia movement in Indonesia. I am also wondering whether the community would explore the use of some degree of Batak script, which is one of the oldest surviving writing system in Indonesia. dwf² (runding) 13:31, 2 September 2020 (UTC)
- I'm so sure this would helps to documents the language digitally and improves the knowledge of those who is using this language. This Wikipedia language should be approved. Its large community can grow articles in this language rapidly. CyberTroopers (talk) 16:53, 4 September 2020 (UTC)
- Support — Labdajiwa (talk) 06:14, 6 September 2020 (UTC)
- Support I'm support this language. Because it is an language in Indonesia and you know Indonesia are the 2nd of the largest country by language in the world after Papua New Guinea and the 4th largest country by population and the biggest country from culture Semuel Tahun (talk)
- Support as a major language in Indonesia, it's about time that Batak Toba has its own Wikipedia. Danu Widjajanto (talk) 13:05, 5 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support -- Si Gam (talk) 13:30, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support I know some of them and they are really committed. Slaia (talk) 07:44, 9 March 2021 (UTC)
- Support--ჯეო (talk) 12:22, 30 July 2021 (UTC)
- Support 𝓘𝓻𝓴𝓱𝓪𝓶𝒯𝒶𝓁𝓀 :) 05:36, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
- Support It is one of the major languages in Indonesia, the Batak people make up 3% of the population in Indonesia, and the language itself is widely spoken among the older, and younger generations, I support the creation of Wikipedia Batak Toba. --ProudBatak (talk) 06:52, 19 November 2021 (UTC)
- Support --𝑇𝑚𝑣 (𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘) 11:52, 26 November 2021 (UTC)
- I'm always for a new viable Wikipedia, but I'm always uncomfortable when a bunch of supports pop up on a request for a new Wikipedia. It does not need a bunch of people saying support, it needs a lot of people working in the Incubator over a period of time, and then working on the Wikipedia once it gets moved out of the Incubator. (In specific, not that I know it to be true in this case, it needs a lot of people who know the language, not who want to support the language.) Go. Build.--Prosfilaes (talk) 20:20, 8 September 2020 (UTC)
- It seems that the approval is considering: . --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 11:00, 8 March 2021 (UTC)