Thank you for your translationsEdit
Dear Naval Scene:
Thank you for helping to translate the WMF Grants program pages on Meta. Thanks to your efforts, these programs will be accessible to more people all over the world. We would like to send you something in appreciation of your work, so please contact us by Email at grants at wikimedia dot org with your name, shirt size (optional), address for delivery (not a PO Box), and telephone number (for delivery).
We would also like to let you know that our programs are growing and we will need to make some significant changes to these program pages in the next few weeks. When this happens, these pages may need to be retranslated, although much of the new text will be identical or similar to the text you've already translated: you've already translated this text, so you'd be able to copy and paste much from your existing translation. Please consider continuing to support the movement's work in this area, and please continue to let your multilingual friends and colleagues know that this support is still needed as our programs grow!
Please also let us know if you have any feedback for us: it's always welcome.
Dear Naval Scene, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:34, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Presenting Community Engagement Insights survey report: Tuesday, October 10, 1600 UTCEdit
We will be hosting a public event online to present the data, a few examples on how teams will be using it for annual planning, and what are next steps for this project. The event will take place on Tuesday, October 10, at 9:00 am PST (1600 UTC), and the presentation will be in English. You can watch the livestream here, and ask question via IRC on #wikimedia-office.
We hope to have you join us online! -- María Cruz 23:29, 2 October 2017 (UTC)
- Update your subscription to these messages by clicking here.
Wikipedia Asian Month 2017 officially starts!Edit
Dear WAM organizer,
I’m Erick Guan, the coordinator of WAM 2017. Welcome to Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. Here is some information about organizations of events at a national level.
The event lasts a month for the participants. As of the beginning of the event, please:
- Invite previous participants to join. We have a template you may want to use.
- Setup your WAM page in your local wikiproject if you haven’t done that.
- Link your WAM page at Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. It’s important for others to understand and connect to your community! Remove the X when you done that. WAM is organized at national level. So I have to ask you to put your country in front of your name if you haven’t done that.
- Publish a notification about WAM in site notice as well as village pump. Go public!
- Connect with us. Generally send me an email so that we can reach you for future information!
- Become the jury member in a campaign on Fountain which is an amazing tool for you to supervise participants’ articles. If you don’t have the campaign set up, please contact us! And put a link to your community’s campaign page for participants’ navigation.
- Organize a off-site editathon event. A coffee bar, internet and laptops. Though it’s optional. If you want to do that, please contact me.
In the following days, you should answer the questions from your community and supervise the submissions. Hope you have fun!
Have some interesting articles in your mind or from community? Drop us a line so that we can exchange the information to other communities.
Looking for helpEdit
Hello, I understand you speak Minangkabau. I was wondering if you can translate "Village in China", "village in Indonesia", and "Commune in Morocco". It is for updating Wikidata. Thanks in advance. --Artix Kreiger (Message Wall) 03:23, 31 March 2018 (UTC)
Extended to Dec: Wikipedia Asian Art Month with Metropolitan Museum of ArtEdit
I'd like to invite you to join Wikipedia Asian Art Month in the December extension of the sub-contest; if you write or translate just one article and include one of our images, you'll get a special Metropolitan Museum of Art postcard. And if you're one of the grand prize winners, you'll get a Met guidebook or Asian art publication.--Pharos (talk) 21:32, 5 December 2018 (UTC)
WAM2020 welcomes your support!Edit
Hello Naval Scene,
Thank you for joining WAM 2020 as an organizer. We appreciate your help to get the central banner localized in your language.
You can visit here and select your language (which language you want the contents to be translated into) and then translate it.
- Hi, we found that some Fountain pages cannot be displayed properly (like Minangkabau Wikipedia), and contacted Le Loi (the tool developer) for this question. He says these pages haven't been created or approved yet.
- The Minangkabau Wikipedia Asian Month Fountain pages need admin (from Minangkabau Wikipedia) to go to their profile (chick their name at top of the page), select "approval" and approve the editahon. (like this) This change is to prevent creation of vandal editahon with attacks in the title.
Guidance of Fountain toolEdit
Here is a guidance of Fountain tool. If you are wondering how to create an editathon on fountain or want to check the editathon be created or not before WAM start, please feel free to have a look.
Looking forward to meeting you online soon.
WAM International team 2020.10
Wikipedia Asian Month 2020: Fountain toolEdit
Fountain cannot accept new articles temporarily because of a problem with the Wikimedia Labs database. It will be back ASAP. Please don’t feel panic. Let's keep fingers crossed for it.
What's Next (Wikipedia Asian Month 2020)!Edit
Congratulations! The Wikipedia Asian Month has ended successfully and you've done amazing work of organizing. What we've got and what's next?
- We have at least 6,672 articles made during this edition.
- Make sure all the jury members judge all articles before December 31st, Once you finish the judging, please update this page.
- There will be two round of qualified participants' address collection scheduled: January 1st and January 10th 2021.
- Please report the local Wikipedia Asian Ambassador (who has most accepted articles) on this page, if the 2nd participants have more than 30 accepted articles, you will have two ambassadors.
- Please update the final version of organizer and jury member list on this page.
- In case you wondering how can you use the Wikipedia Asian Month tool (Fountain) in your own contest, contact the developer Le Loy for more information.
- If you need some assistance, please feel free to contact us via sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To reduce misunderstanding, please contact us in English.