Requests for new languages/Wikinews Indonesian
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikinews Indonesian|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||id (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Indonesian||Language name in English|
|Language name||Bahasa Indonesia||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q9240 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||Kenrick95 (PN), Mikhailov Kusserow (N), Sonic Speedy (N), Dayu145 (N)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||Wikiberita||"Wikinews" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikinews talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Jakarta||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
- Support In 1901, Mahyudin Datuk Sutan Marajo published "Warta Berita" newspaper in Padang. This is the first Indonesian newspaper in latin text. Now, in Indonesia, there are many newspaper published everyday. see Category:Indonesian press and Category:Newspapers published in Indonesia. Thanks. Kenrick95 04:47, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support - Of course, one of the largest spoken language in the world do reserve its own Wikinews. Also, Indonesia is very diverse, from Sabang to Merauke, where the white shores shimmers like tinting trinklets and the blue sea surrounds like a shield. And thats why, so many people will write news in Indonesian. Mimihitam
- Support Support —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Bennylin (talk • contribs) 09:02, 28 March 2010 (UTC).
- Support Rinto Jiang 07:18, 29 March 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support — Mikhailov Kusserow (talk) 06:54, 30 March 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support - I am newcomer in meta, somehow I am going to vote here if terms please me. Reindra 17:21, 30 March 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support - Indonesian is a major language. A news network is a step in the write direction. Kanzler31 22:18, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support Ezagren 01:53, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
- Support A favor It would be nice to have another Wikinews project :-) Diego Grez return fire 02:01, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support of cource :) Przykuta 16:27, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support --J Subhi ”pamandiran” 13:07, 26 August 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support Willy2000 22:57, 30 December 2010 (UTC)
- Support Support Makassarpanassekali 13:04, 19 January 2011 (UTC)
- Support Support Matema (talk) 09:19, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
- Support Support Bluez bekztra 07:50, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
- Support Support SpartacksCompatriot (talk) 07:37, 2 December 2012 (UTC)
- Support Support 18.104.22.168 07:50, 8 December 2012 (UTC)
- Support Support S Rifqi (talk) 06:39, 18 January 2013 (UTC)
- Support Support Major world language. Rubbish computer (Talk: Contribs) 12:48, 22 October 2019 (UTC)
- Support Support Sonic Speedy (talk) 04:55, 5 December 2019 (UTC)