Requests for new languages/Wikiversity Indonesian 2
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiversity Indonesian 2|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||id (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Indonesian||Language name in English|
|Language name||Bahasa Indonesia||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q9240 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Links||first request||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Wikiversitas||"Wikiversity" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikiversity talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Jakarta||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
This is a proposal to open Wikiversity in Indonesian. The number of private universities in Indonesia currently reaches around 4,500 institutions. We hope that Wikiversity Indonesia can also be opened.
Indonesian is the official language in the Republic of Indonesia and has 42 million native speakers and is spoken by at least 260 million people worldwide. This makes the Indonesian Wikipedia is one of the active Wikipedia with more than 500000 articles.
@Faishal Wafiq Zakiy: About one year ago, the first request was rejected because only one content page was ever created. Has a community come together with a serious interest in revitalizing this test? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 08:44, 8 November 2019 (UTC)
- @Faishal Wafiq Zakiy: ^^ --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 02:33, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- Hello @Liuxinyu970226:, sorry for late reply. I know the first request for this test was rejected. Today we has some people with a serious interest in revitalizing this test. We also get support from Wikimedia Indonesia now. Faishal Wafiq Zakiy (talk) 12:50, 9 December 2019 (UTC)