|Users by language|
I started the Wiktionary Nias project in mid 2020. And after 6 months in incubator, it was finally approved on 17 Dec 2020 and the process of domain setup and the transfer of contents was completed on 11 Jan 2021. This is now considered the birth day of Wiki Nias (Wiktionary and Wikipedia Nias). I mainly concentrate on these two projects.
However I see that additional projects were necessary. Therefore I started the Nias Wikibooks project.
But the biggest challenge so far has been, translating documents from other languages like Indonesian into Nias. Ultimately without this possibility the transfer of knowledge into Nias would be impossible. So Wiki Nias community has started translating some articles from Indonesian and English.
Conditioned by its history (the arrival of Christianity and the Indonesian independence) Nias language stagnated for almost a century. In order to ignite the development of Nias language, Nias speaking people need to put an effort to do something about it, before it is too late. With this in mind, with a few friends and Nias language enthusiasts we launched a Digital Nias Language Development Programme 2020-2025 in June 2020, that led to the creation of Nias Wiktionary/Wikipedia projects. More about these projects see the list below.
- Revitalisasi Bahasa Nias: Tantangan, Solusi dan Strategi (Indonesian)
- Strategi mengembangkan bahasa Nias melalui konten bermutu (Indonesian)
- Program Pengembangan Bahasa Nias dalam Tiga Diagram (Indonesian)
- Strategi mengembangkan bahasa Nias di era digital (Indonesian)
- Melestarikan bahasa Nias untuk siapa dan bagaimana (Indonesian)
- Proposal untuk rapat perdana Wikipedia Nias (Indonesian)
- Tantangan mengembangkan bahasa Nias di Wikimedia (Indonesian)
- Wikimedia projects' main challenge and the possible solution (English)
- Program Pengembangan Bahasa Nias 2020-2025 (Indonesian)
Today I got a surprise. Wikimedia Indonesia sent me an Awards Certificate of Wikimedia Volunteers 2020 (Sertifikat Penghargaan Sukarelawan Wikimedia 2020 in pdf format with the serial no. WMID-APG20/SKT/2021/0054). Quite pleased with it although I didn't volunteer in order to get awards. I'm already happy, that Wikimedia provides all the infrastructures (Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Wikibooks etc.), so that Nias community can preserve their fast disappearing mother tongue. So Wikimedia also deserves the awards and also our support (donation).