Proposals for closing projects/Closure of Lak Wikipedia 3
Proposal to close Wikipedia in Lak languageEdit
Википедия на лакском языке была открыта 30 сентября 2006 года. По состоянию на ноябрь 2010 года число статей равнялось 70, большинство из которых посвящены населённым пунктам Республики Дагестан. (Источник: Викиреальность) Сотая статья была создана в декабре 2010 года, в тысячная в июле 2011 года. По состоянию на 4 марта 2021 года на Лакской Википедии есть 1228 статей. Но я не упрекаю проект в медленном росте. Пусть лучше будут нормальные статьи, а не представленные далее недостабы, хоть и я очень сильно сомневаюсь в высоком качестве и тех 228 статей за 10 лет.
На Лакской Википедии не осталось ни одного администратора. Большая часть интерфейса на русском языке.
Надо также привести примеры статей: Хьхьахьхьари – стаб из одной строки про лакское блюдо. Разве о блюдах почти ничего нельзя сказать? В категории Лакрал дукрарду можно найти больше похожих статей от турецкого участника lbe:Гьуртту хьума:Kmoksy. Этот участник был самым активным на Лакской Википедии, он создал около тысячи статей. Он явно не владеет лакским. Статьи либо делаются путём взятия уже имеющейся статьи на похожую тему и замены нескольких слов для соответствия с использованием словарей, либо же копированием из сторонних страниц в Интернете на требуемом языке без изменения. Это объясняет существование статьи Щунудагъ-2009. Содержание скопировано из приведённого источника. Такая статья не продержалась бы долго в нормальной вики, так как эта статья совсем не является энциклопедичной, а новостной. Даже не зная лакского, можно понять это. Поиск в Google по запросу "шунудаг 2009" является очередным доказательством. Статья была создана 20 декабря 2010 года. Прошло 10 лет, а ТАКОЕ всё ещё есть. Вот ещё примеры шедевров от Kmoksy на очень значимые для лакцев темы: Инюпиак мазрал Википедия, РяхцӀаллий арулва, Категория:Туркиянал районну, Бириба.
Я признаю существование нормальных статей, как Лакрал авиатортал Хъун Дяъвилий, Лакрал щархъурду, Ислам. Но пока раздел Википедии на лакском языке лучше перенести в Инкубатор на доработку. Дополнительно можно удалить большинство статей.
Wikipedia in Lak was launched on September 30, 2006. As of November 2010, the number of articles was 70, most of which are devoted to the settlements of the Republic of Dagestan. (Source: Викиреальность) The hundredth article was created in December 2010, the thousandth in July 2011. As of March 4, 2021, there are 1,228 articles on Lak Wikipedia. But I do not blame the project for its slow growth. Let it be better to have normal articles, and not the shortcomings presented below, although I very much doubt the high quality of those 228 articles in 10 years.
There is not a single administrator left on Lak Wikipedia. Most of the interface is in Russian.
It is also necessary to give examples of articles: Хьхьахьхьари - one line stub about a Lak dish. Is there almost nothing to be said about the dishes? In Лакрал дукрарду category, you can find more similar articles from the Turkish member lbe:Гьуртту хьума:Kmoksy. This contributor was the most active on the Lak Wikipedia, with about a thousand articles he wrote. He clearly does not speak Lak. Articles are either made by taking an existing article on a similar topic and replacing several words to match using dictionaries, or by copying from third-party pages on the Internet in the required language without changing. This explains the existence of the article Щунудагъ-2009. Content copied from the source cited. Such an article would not last long on a normal wiki, since this article is not at all encyclopedic, but news. Even without knowing Lak, one can understand this. A Google search for "шунудаг 2009" is further proof. The article was created on December 20, 2010. 10 years have passed, and SUCH is still there. Here are some more examples of masterpieces from Kmoksy on topics that are very important for Lak people: Инюпиак мазрал Википедия, РяхцӀаллий арулва, Категория:Туркиянал районну, Бириба.
I acknowledge the existence of normal articles like Лакрал авиатортал Хъун Дяъвилий, Лакрал щархъурду, Ислам. But for now, the Lak section of Wikipedia is best moved to the Incubator for revision. Additionally, you can delete most of the articles.
- Support - I may have said that all the hard work will be ruined if it closed for the Nauruan Wikipedia but since most can't understand Cyrillic; its best to close it, unlike the Nauruan wiki where it is latin script. TravelAroundOz (talk) 10:48, 5 March 2021 (UTC)
- I don't understand your reasoning. Just because the Nauruan Wikipedia is in Latin script does not mean that more people will understand it or be able to read it. The question is whether there are speakers to support the project. We shouldn't be shutting down projects on the basis of them using a non-Latin script. Aŭdrea (talk) 16:34, 6 March 2021 (UTC)
- It's not a matter of who can read Cyrillic script or read Latin script. It's a matter of who can understand this particular langauge. Merely knowing the Latin alphabet confers no ability to understand Nauruan (same for Cyrillic and Lak), contribute, correct errors, etc. To take an extreme example, consider the recent scandal with the Scots Wikipedia, in a language much closer to English, where the similarities not just in alphabet, but lexicon and grammar, did not prevent non-Scots speakers from bungling the language.
- The Latin script should not confer any privileges to a language project in regards to a closure request. I don't have an opinion either way on Lak Wikipedia, but I wanted to point this out specifically, as I think this would set a very disturbing precedent for minority languages that happen to use non-Latin scripts. Aŭdrea (talk) 14:38, 9 March 2021 (UTC)
- Support from scrolling through some articles most of them are just number articles with an image of the number and the words (from what i can understand from google translate) "number 2" and stubs. I think these people should just read Russian wiki. Max20characters (talk) 20:38, 11 March 2021 (UTC)
- Support Clicking on lbe:Special:Random just yields some stubs (lbe:Лезгилал маз, lbe:Юсуп идавс and lbe:Арулва for me). AnotherEditor144 t - c 23:44, 19 March 2021 (UTC)
- Support. We should stop the trend of opening new projects in every minor languages. If it has no readers or editors, it is not useful. They should focus on project in the national language that is more widely used. Enjoyer of World (talk) 09:35, 7 June 2021 (UTC)
- Lak Wikipedia is a vivid example of a situation when the WMF in the 2000s opened projects according to very liberal criteria, and, of course, now this project could never become a new Wikipedia edition. The situation is even worse since the language does not fulfill the very important requirements for projects in the Incubator – it has only 12% of the most important messages translated in MediaWiki. The absence or presence of administrators is not important, but it is much more important to find editors, authors of articles – native speakers. Several Russian editions of Wikipedia are now in a similar situation. However, sometimes it is enough to host one or pair Wiki-meeting, hold a seminar and/or workshop, and the Wikipedia edition can be revitalized. For example, recently, on April 3, I held a seminar in Kudymkar, and on April 24 a workshop on creating articles in the Komi Permyak Wikipedia is planned. Perhaps this could be the new birth of this Wikipedia edition. Moreover, the people who attended the seminar, as it turned out, were personally acquainted with the most active editors of the Komi Permyak Wikipedia in the past. The work needs to be done. Lak Wikipedia is very important for the Wikipedians of North Caucasus User Group. In 2019-2020, we were able not only to revive Avar Wikipedia from stagnation, but its author (and now – Administrator) Omarov M. has already taken part in several international competitions (Asian Month, Wiki Loves Caucasus). I believe that we will be able to carry out similar work with the Lak language community in the near future. Now there is a request to intensify work in the Incubator from native speakers of the Dargin languages (in particular, the Tsudakhar language), and our contacts in Dagestan could help us to establish connections with Laks as well. So, yes, of course there is a problem, but I believe that it can be solved in the short term. — Soul Train (talk) 10:55, 12 April 2021 (UTC)
- It'd be a shame to loose this Wikipedia edition, since the language exists, has literature and a newspaper, this Wikipedia could be a working one. Let us try to find new members for the project first. Amikeco (talk) 19:13, 18 April 2021 (UTC)
- Currently Moscow Youth Organisation of Lak "Lakia" is working on translation of Lak Wikipedia interface to Lak language and I am speaking from them - deletion of Lak Wikipedia puts a cross on our current actions. We join to this work in bad time just because we did not about existing problems of Lak Wikipedia.
Yesterday, a member of the WMRU, Natalia Senatorova, held a seminar with Lak youth people living in Moscow. She spoke about the current situation in the Lak WP, urged to make edits and translate the interface. This week, I expect the first results of the translation of the most important messages, which I will upload to the Translatewiki. — Soul Train (talk) 13:15, 19 April 2021 (UTC)
- Weekly report. There is almost no activity on the Lak Wikipedia yet - and no activity among native speakers. I'm slowly translating the interface. The number of most important messages has grown from 12% to 15%. — Soul Train (talk) 20:23, 25 April 2021 (UTC)
- Weekly report. Thanks to the native Lak translator Abdul and the assistance of Natalia Senatorova, the number of most important messages has grown from 15% to 23%. — Soul Train (talk) 10:15, 2 May 2021 (UTC)
- Weekly report. It is now 29 % of the most important messages have been translated into Lak language. — Soul Train (talk) 10:16, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- Weekly report. It is now 36 % of the most important messages have been translated into Lak language.--Soul Train (talk) 12:18, 22 May 2021 (UTC)
- Weekly report. It is now 53 % of the most important messages have been translated into Lak language. — Soul Train (talk) 21:20, 10 June 2021 (UTC)