Education/EduWiki Outreach Collaborators
EduWiki Outreach Collaborators or EWOC are a dynamic group of Wikimedians who collaborate with the education team at the Wikimedia Foundation to provide support, effective collaboration, and learning opportunities for the education community in the Wikimedia movement. We are inspired by the wonderful work of the Wikimedia Education (or EduWiki) community despite the various challenges they are facing. As a shared-learning group the EWOC commits to support volunteers in the movement with better networking, communication practices for growth, and to work together to spread the awareness on the value of Wikimedia in education.
We envision that every EduWiki community member will have the ability to share, engage, and learn from each other's work, by helping them to overcome barriers and make them feel supported.
- We cherish the diversity of our movement, diversity is the key of our movement, we come from different cultural, social, and geographical backgrounds working together to achieve a common goal to make the sum of all human knowledge available for free to everyone.
- We believe in sharing and learning from each other, we accept challenges and identify ways to overcome them collaboratively and we support and learn from each other.
- We are inspired by the work of our community, we innovate with new ideas to explore various ways to achieve our goals.
- Capacity building: Capacity building is a core goal of our work. The EWOC team will support capacity building for our EduWiki community.
- Collaboration opportunities: We are committed to working together to achieve our goals and to foster opportunities to collaborate with people in our movement whose voices are often unheard and underrepresented.
- Communication and Storytelling: We will structure our engagement channels and communications to ensure smooth information-sharing practices to reach a wider audience in our movement.
- Awareness: We will ensure that our work shows the value of Wikimedia in education. We will highlight the activities of the EWOC members for others in the movement to be aware of their work.
- Representation: We will ensure volunteers of the small projects in our movement are represented in the activities run by the EWOC.
Opportunities for collaborationEdit
- Wikimedia Education Newsletters ~ 3 hours per month (Divide and conquer between other participants, look at the roles) ~ Multiple roles
- Outreach and translation support ~ 2 hours month (depending upon the request) ~ Multiple roles
- Community Specialist ~ 3 hours per month ~ Multiple roles
- Communications Specialist ~3 hours per month ~ Multiple roles
- Newsletter editor (1), As a member of the EWOC community working with the Newsletter team (NT) they will ask for a call for submission of the education newsletter and help in reviewing the articles submitted for the Education newsletter. They will also support the process till the newsletter gets published, and ensure that members of the NT team are communicated about the progress.
- Newsletter publisher (1), They will ensure that the articles reviewed are structured in the newsletter format and also in headlines format, remove draft categories or make minor changes. Share the newsletter in the education mailing, and also communicate the progress with the NT team.
- Newsletter distributor (1) They will share the newsletter to the talk of pages of the community members that have subscribed to the newsletter. They should have mass message rights.
- Documentation Expert (3): This group of volunteers will support in brainstorming the future progress of the space and help in determining an action plan on the use of Outreach space and help in preparing an action plan to transit to Meta-Wiki. When the plan is established they will support a smooth transition of the content to Wiki. They will also provide support to the Wikimedia education community in archiving their work on Meta wiki.
- Communications Expert (2): This group of volunteers will support the communications strategy in the social media spaces of Wikimedia Education (the Twitter account @WikimediaEdu and the Facebook group Wikipedia & Education). Rotational activities can include: adding members to the group, removing spam content, and sharing news and activities happening in the movement.
- EWOC Community specialist (9): This is a group of volunteers based in different regions in the movement to join us as regional specialists from South Asia, ESEAP, CEE, North America, Latin America, MENA, Sub-Saharan Africa and other regions. They will ensure that updates from their communities are part of the Education news bytes. They will also help in organizing the regional education meetings in their region, which will help in highlighting the work of members in various regions and provide collaboration opportunities.
Anyone can nominate themselves for the translation committee, they will receive a request on their talk page if there’s a need for translation support.
- Add your username along with the language in which you can provide translation support.
- Kunokuno (talk) 15:51, 7 July 2020 (UTC) Bikol, Tagalog
- xibitgh (talk) 16:38, 7 July 2020 (GMT) Akan
- Sridhar G (talk) 04:45, 8 July 2020 (UTC) Tamil.
- Neboysha87 (talk) 09:58, 8 July 2020 (UTC) Serbian
- Marajozkee (talk) 14:19, 18 July 2020 (UTC)
- Laura sf (talk) 01:05, 19 July 2020 (UTC) Dutch
- B20180 (talk) 18:18, 14 August 2020 (UTC) Thai
- Elilopes (talk) 19:47, 3 September 2020 (UTC) pt-br
- SHISHIR DUA (talk) 18:21, 3 December 2020 (UTC), I may endow support translatin' into English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Dutch, Catalan, Czech, Swiss, Hindi, Bangla, Tamil, Telugu, Sinhala.
- Alhen (talk) 22:50, 8 January 2021 (UTC) Spanish
- TeLinVa (talk) 16:16, 6 September 2021 (UTC) Spanish, English, French
- Bello Na'im (talk) 15:16, 6 September 2021 (UTC) Hausa
- Serine Ben Brahim (talk) 05:36, 7 September 2021 (UTC) Arabic, English
- Darafsh Kaviyani (Talk) 14:17, 7 September 2021 (UTC) Persian and Tajiki
- CaliBen (talk) 15:31, 7 September 2021 (UTC) Swahili
- Arash 18:48, 7 September 2021 (UTC) Persian
- Din-nani1 (talk) 18:13, 13 September 2021 (UTC) Dagbani
- DnshitobuDagbani Dnshitobu (talk) 18:41, 13 September 2021 (UTC)
- Alhassan Mohammed Awal (talk) 04:14, 14 September 2021 (UTC) Dagbani
- Tochiprecious (talk) 07:18, 16 September 2021 (UTC) Igbo
- Wumbeidoo Dagbani
- MusahfmMusahfm (talk) 10:11, 16 September 2021 (UTC) Dagbani
- Akwugo(talk)3:00 ,16 September 2021 (UTC) Igbo[reply]
- Nehaoua (talk) 06:38, 16 September 2021 (UTC) Arabic, French[reply]
- Ngostary2k (talk) 07:45, 16 September 2021 (UTC) Igbo, English[reply]
- Alhaj Darajaati (talk) 07:54, 17 September 2021 (UTC) Dagbani
- Onyinye Onuoha (talk) 4:52, 17 September 2021 (UTC) Igbo[reply]
- Fedaro (talk) 19:36, 22 September 2021 (UTC) Spanish
- User:Abubakarsadiqahmad2018 (talk)
- User: Jabinekene (talk) 8:00, 25 September, 2021 (UTC) English to Igbo [reply]
- Nawaraj Ghimire (talk) 04:32, 26 September 2021 (UTC)
- Achiri Bitamsimli (talk) 07:25, 29 September 2021 (UTC)
- Olugold (talk) 18:03, 14 October 2021 (UTC) Hausa,Igbo
- Kasyap (talk) 07:26, 2 November 2021 (UTC) Telugu (te) తెలుగు
- Agus Damanik i can volunteer to translate into Indonesian Language.Agus Damanik (talk) 14:08, 11 February 2022 (UTC)
- Issah iddris I ca n volunteer to translate into Dagbani
We value your commitment as a Community Communication Collaborator, and to recognise your participation we have rewards for you on achieving different milestones.
For joining as a collaborator:
We have just started! You will receive EWOC badges for joining as a collaborator, you can use them on your user pages.
For your participation as a collaborator for 3 months:
Thank you for your continued participation! You will receive a Barnstar on your talk page for your participation as a collaborator.
For your participation as a collaborator for 6 months:
We are half way there! Your work will be highlighted in the Education newsletter.
For your participation as a collaborator for a year:
Thank you for being an amazing collaborator! You will receive a letter of recognition from the education team along with a $50 gift coupon.
Meet the members of 2020-2021 cohortEdit
|'Newsletter team||EWOC Community Specialist||Documentations Specialist|