Анкета жеља заједнице
Анкета листе жеља заједнице је годишње истраживање које покреће технички тим заједнице Задужбине Викимедије крајем године.
In November, 2015, Community Tech conducted the first cross-project Community Wishlist Survey, to help identify the features and fixes that are most important to Wikimedia editors. We invited contributors from all Wikimedia projects to submit proposals for the Community Tech team. After two weeks of collecting proposals, we asked them to vote on the proposals they were most interested in. The process has been repeated every year since.
List of yearly editions
- Анкета жеља заједнице 2015.
- Анкета жеља заједнице 2016.
- Анкета жеља заједнице 2017.
- Анкета жеља заједнице 2019. (погледајте такође #Шта се десило са анкетом жеља из 2018 године?)
- Анкета жеља заједнице 2020.
- Анкета жеља заједнице 2021.
- Анкета жеља заједнице 2022.
- Анкета жеља заједнице 2023.
Current selected projects
To complete as many wishes as possible, Community Tech attends to the voted wishes with a prioritisation framework in mind. The framework guides how we come about the current selected projects.
|Real Time Preview for Wikitext|
|Generate Audio for IPA|
|Audio links that play on click|
|Better diff handling of paragraph splits|
|Autosuggest linking Wikidata item after creating an article|
|Gadget: Who is active|
|Enable negation for tag filters|
|Enable Thanks Button by default in Watchlists and Recent Changes|
|Enable live preview by default|
|Extend "Who Wrote That?" tool to more wikis|
August 8, 2023: Wish Updates
Hello everyone, there have been a few changes since our last major update in April 2023.
Displaying categories on mobile
We hoped to implement Display the categories on the mobile site for everyone – after completing the Better Diffs wish. Unfortunately, our key partner, the Web team, will not tackle this wish now. The importance of categories to readers must be researched further to prioritize this wish instead of other pending wishes. But wish fulfilment is often on a rolling basis, so your feedback is welcome. In the meantime, we are working on the Auto-save feature, the #8 wish in the Community Wishlist Survey 2023, which has been renamed to the Edit-Recovery Feature to reflect more accurately what the feature is.
Who Wrote That
Secondly, we have responded to the “Extend ‘Who Wrote That?’ tool to more wikis” and currently, Who Wrote That? (WWT) is now available on 8 more Wikipedias – French, Italian, Hungarian, Japanese, Indonesian, Portuguese, Dutch, and Polish. This brings the total number of wikis with WWT up from five to 13.
June 22, 2023: Next-steps for Auto-save feature
The CommTech team is reviewing any investigations, discussions, patches that have happened around the Auto-save feature wish to determine what is next.
Please read about the project, and help answer some questions including how long we need to save the data for the auto-save functionality and what we should store in the database to be able to make autosave functionality work.
June 22, 2023: IPA transition to Language Team
Community Tech will hand over the IPA project to the Language Team this June. This decision is due to the Language team's expertise in localization, and their focus to create a suite of open language-supporting services such as the MinT machine translation service among other things.
April 27, 2023: Continuing on 2022 and starting the 2023 Wishlist
Dear Community Wishlist Survey Participants,
We would like to thank you for your participation in the 2023 Community Wishlist Survey. The survey is a crucial element in helping us prioritize the development of new features and improvements to make Wikimedia projects better for everyone.
Starting work on 2023
We are pleased to announce that the Community Tech team has identified the "Display the categories on the mobile site for everyone" wish as the priority for the team to work on in the coming months after we complete the work on Better Diffs for paragraph splits. This was also Wish #18 on the 2022 Wishlist. This decision was based on the wish's technical and design feasibility, as well as its potential impact in improving the user experience of the mobile site for all users.
We understand the importance of this feature for the community, and we are excited to work on it. We will keep you updated on the progress we make and will provide more information on the timeline for implementation as soon as possible. In addition, we’ve begun investigating how to Extend “Who Wrote That?” tool to more wikis, the seventh #7 most popular wish from 2023 and hope to make great progress on that work in the coming months. We anticipate launching Who Wrote That? tool to French Wikipedia in the coming days, with several other languages to follow in the coming weeks.
We want to provide an update on the "Dark Mode" wish that was voted for in the survey. We are excited to inform you that the Web team has taken on this wish and plans to work diligently on its development. However, due to technical constraints and design feasibility, the Web team will be releasing the first version of the "Dark Mode" feature in Beta. We understand the importance of accessibility and inclusivity, and we are committed to ensuring that this feature meets the needs of all users. Additionally, there are many templates that need to be adjusted, and volunteers need to be alerted to modify before the "Dark Mode" feature can be fully released. The Web team will work on documenting these issues, and we appreciate your patience in this process. We encourage you to subscribe to the Web team's newsletter to follow the updates about this project.
I would also like to take a moment to thank the volunteers who took the time to collaborate with me in good faith during my tenure here and share that I am departing the Wikimedia Foundation and this team. Thank you to those of you who took the time to participate in proposals, problem solving with us, and to those of you who volunteered and tackled technical pieces of granting wishes – I will carry that inspiration with me for the rest of my career.
In my absence, a Product Trio will absorb my responsibilities so you can expect to reach out to the Engineering Manager KSiebert (WMF), Tech Lead DMaza (WMF), and Principal designer JSengupta-WMF as a united Product Trio after my departure in early May. You can expect to communicate with the team in the same way as before, the Talk pages for Projects, Updates, and the Team are the best way to reach the team. We collectively would also like to thank you once again for your participation in the Community Wishlist Survey. Your input helps us prioritize and improve Wikimedia projects, and we look forward to your continued engagement in the future.
NRodriguez (WMF) and the rest of The Community Tech Team
March 13, 2023: Better diff handling of paragraph splits update
The team has continued work on this wish on both the engineering and design side and we wanted to share the updates with you.
Thank you to all of you who took the time to engage with us and provide feedback on the talk page. We read through all of the feedback and did an aggregate analysis on the points made. We then combined your feedback on those proposed designs, as well as unmoderated user research, and we've finalized the proposed designs to go into engineering for the improvements regarding the wish changes.
Please see the designs in this update which include:
- Switching between diff modes via dropdown
- Improving the accessibility of inline diffs with legends and tooltips for desktop
- Improving the display of a change that introduced a new line or paragraph
- Improving the display of a change that deleted an existing line or paragraph
In addition, a demo of the changes for the underlying comparison engine has been created.
Before you try out the demo to give us feedback, please note:
- It's a work in progress, our QA engineers are currently using a list of comprehensive diffs to make sure the changes are consistent with the current version of the two-column diff experience or an improvement on the UI.
- The demo page does NOT include all final UI changes but can give testers a good sense of how the completed two-column diff experience will end up looking.
- To use the demo, paste the same text into the two boxes and modify the text in the right box. The diff under it will show what changed.
We'd love to hear your feedback on our talk page!
- Accessibility of Design Colors: Our designer is working closely with our Design Systems team to determine the accessibility of the designs. We anticipate having to change the shade of them to a slight degree to make it more accessible but the colors will remain similar to the blue and yellow currently displayed on two-column and inline diffs.
- Release plan: We are working out a release plan and a timeline of next steps and will be including this in our next project updates! Releasing changes to the underlying engine on the diff follows a different process than traditional releases in Mediawiki software so we will be sure to update you with steps and details next time.
We also want to include big thank you in this update to a non-Community Tech staff member, Tim Starling, who graciously stepped up to help us with the underlying changes in the C++ engine of wikidiff2. We are always happy to receive support fulfilling wishes from other members at the Foundation that have the expertise necessary to fulfill a wish even if they are not in the Community Tech team.
We're looking forward to hearing from all of you!
Open Questions from first update: We want to hear from you!
- Are you interested in conducing user research on the new proposed interface to diff paragraph splits? If so, will you please post that you're interested in the Talk Page?
- What other pain points manifest themselves when you view the diff?
- How might we address the root pain points that address the confusion around paragraph splits?
- How does the use of color indicate which content is added, removed, or stayed the same?
March 7, 2023: Community Wishlist Survey 2023 results published
The Community Wishlist Survey 2023 edition has been concluded. We have published the results of the survey and will provide an update on what is next in April 2023.
Past editions and projects
Ова табела садржи прихваћене и одбијене предлоге.
|Категорија||Предлози у топ 10||Најоцењенији предлози|
|Админи и стјуарди||–||1||0||–||1||86|
|Админи и патролери||–||–||–||1||1||157|
|Ботови и геџети||2||2||2||1||7||111|
|Мобилни и апликације||–||0||0||0||0||55|
|Алати за модерацију
Алати за администраторе и модерацију (2015)
|Мултимедија и Остава
комбиновано у 2017
|Програми и догађаји||–||0||1||0||1||111|
|Странице за разговор||1||0||0||–||1||66|