The first Wikimedia project to use an arbitration committee was the Swedish Wikipedia.
 The English Wikipedia ArbCom was created by Jimmy Wales as an extension of the decision-making power he formerly held as CEO of site-owner Bomis Inc., to take over his role in resolving complex disputes between users.
Arbitration Committees are now used on eleven Wikipedia versions and the English Wikinews.
Committees typically have five to fifteen members, who are known as Arbitrators. Terms vary in length, with some as long as three years.
Projects with Arbitration Committees
|cs – Czech||Arbitrážní výbor||2006||arbcom-cslistswikimediaorg||arbcom-cs.wikipedia.org|
|de – German||Schiedsgericht||2007||arbcomde-llistswikimediaorg||arbcom-de.wikipedia.org|
|en – English||Arbitration Committee||2004||arbcom-enwikimediaorg||arbcom-en.wikipedia.org|
|fa – Persian||هیئت نظارت||2010||Limited purview, mainly a supervisory council for complaints against admins|
|fi – Finnish||Välityslautakunta||2007||arbcom-fi.wikipedia.org|
|fr – French||Comité d'arbitrage||2013||car-fr-llistswikimediaorg||No arbitrators elected in last elections. Inactive until next elections.|
|hu – Hungarian||Wikitanács||2009|
|nl – Dutch||Arbitragecommissie||2007||arbcom-nllistswikimediaorg||arbcom-nl.wikipedia.org|
|pl – Polish||Komitet Arbitrażowy||2007|
|ru – Russian||Арбитражный комитет||2005||arbcom-ruwikimediaorg||arbcom-ru.wikipedia.org||New every half-a-year|
|uk – Ukrainian||Арбітражний комітет||2009|
|Project||Native name||Established||Private wiki||Notes|
|en - English Wikinews||Arbitration Committee||2006|
Projects with inactive, trial or dissolved Arbitration Committees
- Wikipedia versions
- અરબી (નિષ્ક્રિય)
- Bulgarian (there is a page on arbitration policy; an ArbCom hasn't been established yet)
- Croatian (inactive)
- (First version) An ArbCom that was proposed (and discussed) in May 2007, never reached consensus
- (Second version) Existed from 7 June 2009 to 23 January 2010
- Italian (page deleted).
- An ArbCom was proposed in 2006, never reached consensus.
- Spanish (dissolved April 2009)
- Korean (No arbitrators elected since December 2015, arbcom function suspended as of 18 March 2017.)
- Occitan (A setting up was proposed in 2006, an election has been planned in December 2008 but was never realized)
- Portuguese (dissolved January 2012)
- Swedish (inactive)
- Slovenian (deleted, with a redirect to Wikipedija:Mediacija). The page exists only as a framework for eventual setting up. The mediation wasn't needed so far, so the rules for the election process haven't been established yet.
- Thai (term expired in January 2016, no elections held since)
- Wikivoyage versions
આ પણ જુઓ
- Wikimedia Arbitration committees election processes
- wikt:arbitration, wikt:committee
- Cross-wiki arbitration committee
- ↑ Hoffman, David A.; Salil Mehra (2010). "Wikitruth Through Wikiorder". Emory Law Journal 59 (2010). SSRN 1354424.
- ↑ Wales, Jimmy (December 4, 2003). "[WikiEN-l] Wikiquette committee appointments". lists.wikimedia.org. Wikimedia Foundation. Archived from the original on June 29, 2021. Retrieved November 14, 2022.