Please make sure to log in to Wikimedia Meta before creating your Proposal. If your submission is selected, we will contact your Wikipedia account so make sure your Username is correct.
- Title of the submission
MediaWiki Automation through Google Technology
- Your Username (For the submission author)
- Type of presentation
Workshop on Automation and BOT creation through GAS
- Abstract (in about 300 words)
The Workshop is to introduce the existing Google technology to interested enthusiast. It gives idea about Google Apps Script and its Cloud scripting feature. As it is cloud, it has easy setup & no installation. It help us to collaborate easily with other Google service like Google Spreadsheet, Google Search, Google OCR. Google Apps Script is a Proprietary Software and rare Library files are the limitations. The technology is very successful in automating various tasks and monitoring wiki pages in Tamil community including Hindi and Bhojpuri. when compare with other language like Python/C# GAS is easy to learn. It interact efficiently with third party application even with Wikimedia API, Twitter API etc., The most interesting aspect is that it has own online trigger feature, which helps time based repeated tasks in Wikipedia. Key points in Workshop: Basics of Google Apps Script, syntax examples, console Logs, read/write Spreadsheet, Trigger functions, Web Apps, read a wikipage, login a wiki, write a wikipage and more.
- I'm eager to learn and it will be very helpful. Thanks alot for this submission. --TBhagat (talk) 02:31, 23 July 2016 (UTC)
- Mouryan (talk) 15:34, 28 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Akbarali (talk) 09:09, 5 August 2016 (UTC)
- -- Balajijagadesh (talk) 03:43, 6 August 2016 (UTC)
- Rehman 07:51, 6 August 2016 (UTC)