WikiConference India 2016/Chandigarh Hackathon
|Main page||Hackathon||Programs||Edit-a-thon||Press coverage||FAQ||Sitemap|
A hackathon is a gathering where programmers collaboratively code in an extreme manner over a short period of time. Hackathons are at least a few days. This coding event happening concurrently with the WikiConference India 2016. We are welcoming all Technical/Programmer participant in hackathon. Experience with the MediaWiki software is not required, Please feel free to contact us. Let's participate in Hackathon
Venue : Block 3, CGC College, Chandigarh
Registration is closed.
You can find schedule Here
I am happy to announce, chandigarh hackathon WCI2016, close with 7 application, which is useful to all community.
- WikiSpeak : (Web Application + Android Mobile application).
WikiSpeak lets you search text on Wikipedia at just one click and reads aloud that text for you. It uses an API to fetch data from Wikipedia and then text to speech conversion is done. There are both web app and mobile app available. The user has to just enter a keyword like 'India' and then on the click of search icon, data from the Wikipedia will be fetched and displayed and then on the click of speak icon, that fetched data will be read aloud. So the entire speaking Wikipedia comes into your pocket in just 2.5 Mb app.
Source code Link (Web Application) : Github : https://github.com/ashjal/WikiSpeak
Source code Link (Android Application) : Github : https://github.com/sandarumk/WikiSpeak
- Edit Tamil Wiktionary (Tamil community request) : - (Android application) This is a utility application for any wikipedian who has title of the page and its content in a spreadsheet or document. The user will have to convert that document to .tsv which can easily be done using any Office suite. Once the user has a .tsv file, he/she can browse that from this application after logging in using his MediaWiki credentials. This application will read that file and for each row, if a page exists with the given title, it will append the content. Otherwise, it will create a new page with that title and put the given content there. Source code link: https://bitbucket.org/Shailumani/wiki-tsv/src
- Audio file upload to WikiData (Punjabi community request) : (Android application) This application allows the user to log in using his/her WikiMedia credentials. After a user has logged-in, he/she can record an audio by holding the Record button. Once recorded, the audio can be replayed or re-recorded. Once the user is happy with the recording, he/she can upload it on WikiCommons and then provide a link to it in the required page. : Github : https://github.com/Atul22/wikiAudio
- Wikipedia articles on google map : This is a web application to annotate Google Maps with location rich data. Presently, it is able to show Wikipedia articles geo-tagged near the user's location. This application clusters the articles based on client's screen resolution and shows them in a way that they look good on any screen resolution. This is highly responsive and works well on almost all screen sizes. Moreover, using the settings button, you can see the articles in any Indian language of your choice. Source code link (web application) : Github : https://github.com/mani-shailesh/map_annotate_wiki.git
- OCR (Native Application) : Convert scanned book copy to Indian language text with google doc (Tested for Hindi and Malayalam).
- Communication platform (WebRTC) : Community used this to talk or conference (Audio/video web conferencing application)
In communication platform (Audio and video conference), Community people can use this platform for discussion. Now a days IRC is only option, Where Same/Different community people can come together and talk. I belief, when you speak, you can express your Point/View/Problem good way. This application working in low bandwidth I tested with 256Kbps, It's working. This application is opensource an you can find here. Github : https://github.com/cherishsantosh/Communication-Platform
- Notification (Event based) : showing popup on event eg (If recent changes happen, It will show popup which article was updated) - The extension which is in its inital phase at Github:DesktopNotifications collects in live edit history from http://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/RCStream and shows up desktop notifications on edit for users. Currently it shows up a notification for every single edits with little control. The extension can be extended to show up notifications for only edits to a watchlist, which is in our TODO.
Thanks to all participants who took part in the hackathon and made it a big success
Note : I will share code, links and other details very shortly.
Conference attendees interested in participating in the HackathonEdit
- ViswaPrabhaവിശ്വപ്രഭtalk 18:50, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- தமிழ்க்குரிசில் (talk) 01:34, 30 July 2016 (UTC)
- Ranjithsiji (talk) 06:48, 31 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Dittymathew (talk) 09:35, 31 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Akbarali (talk) 13:10, 31 July 2016 (UTC)
- TBhagat (talk) 09:36, 2 August 2016 (UTC)
- Mouryan (talk) 16:30, 2 August 2016 (UTC)
- Shailumani (talk) 11:05, 3 August 2016 (IST)
- Viren96 (talk) 11:05, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Utkarsh_Nick (talk) 13:09, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Vaibhavmalik001 (talk) 11:05, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Shanmugamp7 (talk) 10:04, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Tinaj1234 (talk) 15:36, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- --Nrgullapalli (talk) 11:13, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- --Sidheeq (talk) 13:33, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Atulkumar5525 (talk) 11:05, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Zeeshan Kareem (talk) 11:05, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Sakshums (talk) 11:05, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Abha Pradhan (talk) |Contribs) 20:12, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Lovemehta (talk) 22:21, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- SaiPhaye (talk) 22:23, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- anubhav.agwl (talk) 11:05, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Tshrinivasan (talk) 03:37, 4 August 2016 (UTC)
- Jainendra.mandavi (talk) 12:56, 4 August 2016 (IST)
- Tony Thomas 01tonythomas (talk) 19:45, 4 August 2016 (UTC)
- Shubham Suneja (talk) 11:05, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Rehman 12:18, 5 August 2016 (UTC)
- Shobhit Kamal Saxena Shobhitkamalsaxena
- Official Twitter Handler
- Facebook Page
- Facebook group
- IRC Channel (Node name : #wikiconferenceindia)