User talk:WJifar (WMF)
Please leave me any comments or questions here!
Promotion of Ancash Quechua Wikipedia edit
IMLD-ODD 2018 Wikidata Edit-a-thon edit
Earlier this month, I have proposed for a rapid grant to fund "IMLD-ODD 2018 Wikidata India Edit-a-thon". The project is a national-level Wikidata editing campaign starting from International Mother Language Day (21 February 2018) and continuing through Open Data Day (3 March 2018). As the start date is getting close, for smooth execution I request you to review proposal at the earliest feasible for you. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks in advance.
Status of fund transfer edit
Hope this message finds you well. I've sent the signed grant agreement, ad but there isn't any communication for the past one week. Also the campaign ends on 3 March, and volunteers have led various community outreach activities. So there are payments to be made. So I request you to follow-up on this, and kindly let me know the status of fund transfer.
- Hello Krishna Chaitanya Velaga, Morgan emailed you on 22 February 2018 under the subject "[Agreement received] Rapid - IMLD-ODD 2018 Wikidata India Edit-a-thon", which included your scheduled grant funds transfer date 5 March 2018, as well as your grant reporting requirements (final report and receipts due by 30 April 2018) and instructions. We (grantsadmin , rapidgrants and WJifar (WMF)'s email address) also received an email from you on 27 February 2018 with a similar message as your post here today. I replied all to that email on the same day (from grantsadmin ). My email included a copy and paste of Morgan's email. I am sorry to hear that you did not received either of those emails immediately in your inbox. We could resend the email again and cc: another one of your emails to ensure that you receive it, if you'd like. -- Best, JTud (WMF), Grants Administrator (talk) 17:25, 2 March 2018 (UTC)
- @Jtud (WMF): Unfortunately, I am not able to figure out the reason for this. Please recheck the my email ID in your records, it is to be kcvelaga wikipedia de. Kindly re-send the email, and cc: kcvelaga gmail com. Thanks for the support, and sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 17:06, 5 March 2018 (UTC)
WikiIndaba 2018 edit
Please add a short description of your presentation in WikiIndaba conference 2018/Program/Grants and other support from WMF: Presentation and small group discussion. --Csisc (talk) 11:49, 13 March 2018 (UTC)
Port Harcourt PhotoFest's Grant edit
Hello, You left a message on the Port Harcourt PhotoFest's Grant Talk page, asking me to work with more people as regard the Grant.
I recently replied your message with more details. Kindly take a look
Meanwhile, This project has been delayed much long, and a number of other projects actively depends on the implementation of this one. So, I would love if you could really help in fastening the process.
Wiki Loves Monuments rapid grants edit
(as I'm unable to get a response via email, I'm posting here, in the expectation that my emails are ending up in a spam filter - as I've heard also from other people. Apologies for that!)
I was very happy that we agreed some months ago on a timely processing and open communication regarding the Wiki Loves Monuments related rapid grant requests. We agreed for this to announce a deadline of 1 August, with which you could reasonably guarantee a rapid processing. This was in particular appreciated given the start of the competition being 1 September, and many national organizers being dependent on rapid grants being announced well before that, to be a good community organizer, reliable partner and efficient group. Unfortunately, it seems that many grant requests are somehow slipping through the net. I have conveniently gathered the WLM related requests that I could find in Category:Wiki Loves Monuments 2018 grant requests.
I noticed that you have been able to provide responses to the Bolivian and Nigerian requests (although I'm very disappointed that the Nigerian request is rejected because of a 3-projects rule. I think this kind of approach only encourages user groups to split up). And thank you for responding to the proposals from Uganda, Romania and the Philippines.
Please be aware that I have not seen any acknowledgement from your side of the submissions from Nepal, Georgia, Morocco, Tanzania, the United States, Algeria, Greece, Egypt and Latvia. As far as I can see, (almost) all have made a best effort to submit their request in time. I hope that you can find an opportunity to process these at an early convenience. It would be a great pity if more groups are unable to organize their national competition effectively because of this. Thanks in advance! Effeietsanders (talk) 06:38, 22 August 2018 (UTC)
Help needed for a grant proposal on HIV edit
Please review my proposal which was submitted last month.
Please note that proposal will have impact on two Wikis- Hindi & Urdu and 2 countries - India & Pakistan. Many topics of HIV & sex education are a taboo in the region where Wikipedia is the only easily accessible & reliable source of information. Therefore urgent help and action is needed.--Muzammil (talk) 05:10, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
We submitted a proposal for rapid grant on the last month, sent e-mail and no received answser. It's ok or have any problem? Thanks for your help. Regards, Stanglavine (talk) 14:16, 12 September 2018 (UTC)
- Hello Stanglavine, thank you for the ping. Sorry for the delay. We've had a heavy load of submissions. I will look at your proposal this week and respond accordingly. Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 15:38, 12 September 2018 (UTC)
Project/Rapid/Modjou/Edit-a-thon Glam-Wiki CI/Equipment (Oct-Nov 2018) edit
Hi WJifar (WMF), You refused my grant saying you do not fund equipment for individuals. However, I explained in my grant that this equipment is not mine but that it will be used for the Glam-Wiki project in Ivory Coast. I do not understand your action. Thank you for better enlighten me if I did not understand something. Best.--Modjou (talk) 17:24, 24 September 2018 (UTC)
(Help please) Grants:Project/Rapid/Ibrahim Husain Meraj/OpenCon 2018 edit
Hello WJifar, Greetings from Bangladesh. I am eagerly waiting for a response from the team on the travel grant proposal. As the conference will be held in early November, I applied for the grant on mid September. After that I made some modification in budget. I have also emailed you for this case. Hope to hear from you soon. Best. --Ibrahim Husain Meraj (talk) 03:19, 5 October 2018 (UTC)
Wiki Project Ocupa Santana de Parnaíba edit
WJifar (WMF) Thank you for your positioning. We continue to work on the Wiki Project Ocupa Santana de Parnaíba , vide, Maybe the date of March should be postponed. I'm waiting for your manifestation.--Hermógenes Teixeira Pinto Filho (talk) 14:35, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
- Hello again WJifar. I hope that the discussions on the subject are advancing and that the solution is near. I am postponing as mentioned, the event in Santana de Parnaíba for an undefined date. I continue to wait for a response from you, to eventually leave the project on standby or initiate a process of obtaining funds from other sources if my application is unsuccessful. We are evaluating the possibility of collective financing on the internet. I remain optimistic to believe in the great impact of the activity, and I would like to inform you that I was working for this year to repeat the experience in the city of São Caetano and Piracicaba next year. Thank you for your attention. Best Regards,--Hermógenes Teixeira Pinto Filho (talk) 17:49, 4 February 2019 (UTC)
- Hello Hermógenes Teixeira Pinto Filho, thank you for pinging me again on this. Last week, we had an organization wide meeting all week so I've been a bit slow with my responses but I had you in my queue to respond to. Please bring back your proposal to proposed and add the specific dates you would like to conduct the event. I will go ahead and review by the end of the week if you have made the changes. Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 22:25, 4 February 2019 (UTC)
Video tutorial regarding Wikipedia referencing with VisualEditor edit
ProveIt grant edit
Hi Woubzena! A couple months ago I requested a grant to enhance the ProveIt gadget. As you may remember, my presentation wasn't clear enough and led to a misunderstanding that was later clarified by an interested user. After the clarification, you said you would take a second look, but it's been over a month already and there hasn't been any activity. I just wanted to remind you about this grant. Hope you're doing good, kind regards, Sophivorus (talk) 14:29, 6 May 2019 (UTC)
Grants talk:Project/Rapid/A1/Schubert and Rachmaninoff in Ukrainian edit
Hi! Thank you for supporting my grant program within "World classic in Ukrainian project"! Kindly request you to have a look at my grant extension request - Grants talk:Project/Rapid/A1/Schubert and Rachmaninoff in Ukrainian#Date and amount extension. Sorry for disturbing you here but unfortunately I meet some problems with email@example.com mailing list, and it seems my letters during the last month were lost. Regards, A1 (talk) 09:54, 4 June 2019 (UTC)
Grants for conference as a Outreach Program edit
My presentration based on Wikipedia (Name: Wikipedia - Open web based & E- learning platform) are selected in/ICDTE 2019. Can I apply for grants to participate in this program? S.M.Tanim (talk) 10:47, 17 July 2019 (UTC)
WLM PH 2019 edit
Hi Woubzena! Kindly check my Grants:Project/Rapid/Irvin Stotomas/Wiki Loves Monuments 2019 in the Philippines proposal. Thank you. --Filipinayzd (talk) 11:58, 30 July 2019 (UTC)
Wikipedia Awareness Grant edit
Hello WJifar (WMF), I was informed to contact you by MMontes when in September, regarding my grant application which I submitted here Wikipedia Awareness in Kaduna Metropolis, so as you dedicated September for accepting Awareness grant. Thanks and best Regards. The Living love (talk) 05:39, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
Grant application edit
Good morning, I responded to your comments on my rapid grant proposal discussion page last Thursday. Just wondering if you've had a change to review my responses and if the committee is moving forward with the review of my application? Thanks very much. Mcbrarian (talk) 13:49, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
Question about amending grant edit
Dear Woubzena, Thanks for the correspondence about our rapid grant proposal. I apologize that we had not known that the travel support policy had changed. We will definitely keep that in mind in future applications. I am writing to ask whether it is possible for an amended proposal with a reduced budget, excluding the $850 for travel, to please be considered for this cycle. It would be very helpful if possible, as we are trying to capitalize on an annual meeting. Thus, if we can get any support for 2019, we are a year ahead compared to applying for November 2020. Thanks very much for your consideration, Eric Youngstrom & the HGAPS Team Eyoungstrom (talk) 03:19, 5 November 2019 (UTC)
I have sent you emails edit
Wiki Loves Africa 2020 in sudan edit
Minimum for Rapid Grants edit
why is there a minimum for the rapid Grandts of 500$. I think this is not good. For the most events who need one day you dont need 500$. I asked this also in WikimediaSpace so you can decide to answer where you want. -- Hogü-456 (talk) 19:11, 17 February 2020 (UTC)
- (Link: https://discuss-space.wmflabs.org/t/rapid-grants/3180) Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 01:21, 18 February 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you Hogü-456 for your question and Whatamidoing (WMF) for connecting to the Wikimedia Space page here. We will be responding on Space shortly. Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 20:07, 19 February 2020 (UTC)