Grants:IdeaLab/Promotion of Ancash quechua Wikipedia
Who are the people you want to introduce Wikipedia to?Edit
- Students, writers, teachers and peoples of different backgrounds.
In what languages do they search for information, online or otherwise?Edit
- Ancash quechua
In what ways does this group communicate with each other?Edit
- Social Media (Facebook and Whatsapp)
What are some reasons this group would use Wikipedia? How would they benefit from it, or what would they find useful?Edit
- For gaining knowledge about culture, geography, languages, politics, sports, science, history and technology.
- Promotion of Wikipedia in different communities.
What language Wikipedia projects will you promote to new readers?Edit
How will you communicate with new readers? Will you be communicating with them online, in-person, or both?Edit
- I will invite studends and teachers from local schools
Describe your idea to engage new readers. How might it be implemented? What will you tell people about Wikipedia?Edit
- stage to get the actual data about the interested people. We will tell them about the benefits of Wikipedia and how can they contribute to it. organizing courses in classrooms to students and teachers the benefits of Wikipedia and his sister projects. (in Huaraz city)
- Increased pageviews
- Media coverage
Do you think you can implement this idea? What support do you need?Edit
- Yes, I can implement this idea wit the help and support of Colectivo Quechua Central members.
About the idea creatorEdit
- Hi, I am Michael Obregon Pozo from Peru. I am active contributor of Wikimedia projects.
Expand your ideaEdit
Would a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation help make your idea happen? You can expand this idea into a grant proposal.
No funding needed?Edit
Does your idea not require funding, but you're not sure about what to do next? Not sure how to start a proposal on your local project that needs consensus? Contact Chris Schilling on-wiki at I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) or via e-mail at cschilling wikimedia.org for help!
- dissemination of wikipedia in Quechua-speaking communities
- First we will start talking about wikipedia and distributing flyers.
- wikipedia will be promoted in social networks (facebook) 
- we will talk with parents about the use and favoring of students
- wikipedia broadcast
- Increased pageviews of Ancash Quechua Wikipedia
- Media coverage
- greater number of users
- publish new information, content, activities in Ancash Quechua and in spanish to develop the project in anothers comunities.
|S.No.||Category||Item description||Actual total||Currency|
|1||Travel and administratives process||410||USD|
|2||Ads||ads in schools near to Huaraz city||110||USD|
|3||Communication and Courier Charges||Internet and Recharge cards||265||USD|
|4||Telephone credit for coordination||Telephone credit allowance will be used by the project coordinator for calling trainers, participants and partners while preparing the sessions||65||USD|
|5||Printing of materials||320||USD|
|6||Transport in the city (taxi)||160||USD|
|7||awards to students and food||230||USD|