Laptop for every single childEdit
Dear Samuel Klein and Laptop for every single Child,
My name is Camilla Hall and I love your idea about one Laptop for every single child and I would like to see how I thru my contacts/network and work with Dr Ashok Khosla can help you in your work to fill the laptop with content application and information so we transform the world thru education. Dr Ashok Khosla did together with Professor Revelle the first environmental course 1963 at Harvard and Al Gore was one of his students - Dr Ashok Khosla also was part of the team from Prof Maurice Strong that set up the world first environmental conference held in Stockholm 1972 that later became Rio de Janerio Kyoto south africa Copenhagen Cancun Darwin. www.khosla.in
To give you an idea about me - I started IndoChine Group www.indochine-group.com here in Singapore and i have also co founded SENATUS www.sentatus.net I have help to orgnised several Charity events since 2000 for SARS Tsunami flooding etc and since 2007 I work with Dr Ashok Khosla the founder of Development Alternatives www.devalt.org that have develop amazing solutions for instance to teach a woman to read write and calculate to a cost 100 USD per woman in India. Dr Ashok Khosla believe education is really one of the key solutions to stop climate change and population growth. Dr Ashok Khosla is the president of IUCN www.iucn.org and Co President of Club of Rome. I have also help to organize HSH Prince Albert gala dinner and i work with www.whateverittakes.org Charlotte de Vita and www.nonviolence.com. and www.accessh.org
Singapore is one of the richest countries in Asia and act as trampoline to get in to various markets here - I have also top contacts in the middle East as well with top schools around the world /mobilephone producers and media
So i would like to talk to you (skype) to discuss how we can realize everybodies dream to eridicate poverty and transform this world to place in PEACE!
- Camilla Hall
- Special Advisor IUCN Dr Ashok Khosla
- skype camillahall
- Dear Sj, Against the laptop have you work out the option of tablet PC. In India we (Govt. of India) have come up with a 35$ tablet PC for school children. It can be a good option against the laptop. If you want any help on this please let me know. Thanks --Rahuldeshmukh101 19:00, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- Hello Rahul, thank you. OLPC would love to work with or support the $35 tablet, and has shared its own tablet design. Have you done any work on the data wind project? They likely need help as well. There is a universal need for better software and content development for tablet interfaces, for instance. Warmly, –SJ talk | translate 14:22, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
Just so you know (as you can see), I updated the info on harm SOPA/PIPA can do to overseas users and sites. Please check it and if an issue, let me know? Thanks!! FT2 (Talk | email) 16:18, 18 January 2012 (UTC)
Mentoring for global wiki workEdit
Dear Cekli, would you be interested in having a mentor who is currently a global sysop, who could help you take on more cross-wiki work? I think it is great that you want to be a steward. We need more stewards who are familiar with turkic and azeri. But you need a bit more experience with cross-wiki work and Meta policies first. You might first serve as a global sysop, for instance. Regards, –SJ talk | translate 01:07, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
You voted to remove the RFC with this reason "Remove as a dedicated attack page, and clear harassment. Meta is no place for that. There is nothing wrong with a terse, clear RfC if process seems broken on another wiki. But this page is not actually asking for Meta-help at all - as Alan note above it is just a new forum for what seems to be a years-old fixation. We should take care to give those who have been silenced a voice, but we should take equal care not to give a platform to those who set out to harass others" without providing any difference of attack or harassment, but let's assume there are attacks. I rewrote it here. I removed most sections, removed practically all my comments. No good faith editor could claim the new RFC is an attack page. About 2 months ago admin Guerillero said that Gwen Gale does not instill any trust in him/her. I only provided differences to clarify this statement.
Also what "years-old fixation" are you talking about? How many years? Where are the differences to confirm your statement? Here is the timeline of the events. How many years you counted?
I provided the differences for each and every statement I made. Nobody who's attacking me provided any differences at all.--Mbz1 (talk) 02:41, 21 February 2012 (UTC) Well, your ignoring of the question demonstrate you have not been acting in a good faith.It's sad.--Mbz1 (talk) 15:20, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
- Mbz, I have not seen you make more than a few constructive contributions here on Meta: you have contributed 1000 edits all pushing a personal agenda. That is not helping our community or others. You have said elsewhere -- on Commons, the project where you were most productive, but where you have also stopped contributing to free knowledge and are instead engaging in (the same) user disputes for the past few months -- that you feel you are "fighting to make Wikipedia a better place". That may have been your motivation at first, but now you are not making things better. Please stop. –SJ talk 15:55, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
- More false statements.
- Here are only some of DYK I wrote on english wikipedia. There were more. There were also 50+ feature pictures on English wikipedia.
- As long as you decided that linking to my block on commons was a proper thing to do to , you might be interested in reading this statement.--Mbz1 (talk) 18:32, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
- I am not pushing a personal agenda. I am trying to prevent innocent users to be bullied.--Mbz1 (talk) 16:01, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
FYI issue regarding something you saidEdit
- (sotto voce aside) Pointing nowhere in particular (but noting I'm perhaps the only person who has ever posted two rhetorical sonnets there :-): Hear hear.
Discussion about meta site notice for fellowshipsEdit
Hey SJ! I'm looking for feedback about running a site notice on meta this week, would be great to hear your thoughts :-) I don't see a lot of site notices on meta, not sure how people feel about it in general. Siko (talk) 20:56, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
..for reverting vandalism on my pages! —15:17, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
- I could do that a long time ago. But I like it very much to keep the page open so everyone can see the edit button, even to vandals. Always welcoming. :P — 12:20, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
May I ask you to update the site notices on these wikis? (to something similar to wikimania2011wiki). You appear to be one of few still active editors having an account their. Thanks. Ruslik (talk) 19:00, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
Thanks SJ, sounds like multiple things could be combined into one session for WM2012. See: this summary at the bottom of my proposal where I've pointed to yours and another one. Also, I think the awards thing is a great idea. Do you want to make it formal, with nominations and a real judging committee? But not make it too complex. -- fuzheado (talk) 15:25, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
Pinging u with a note, http://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Sj#Merging_proposals I know the email notification is sketchy around here! Adamw (talk) 09:33, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
Notice of review of adminshipEdit
In accordance with Meta:Administrators/Removal and because you have made fewer than ten logged actions over the past six months, your adminship is under review at Meta:Administrators/Removal/April 2012. If you would like to retain your adminship, please sign there before April 08, 2012. Kind regards, —Marco Aurelio (Nihil Prius Fide) 12:49, 1 April 2012 (UTC)
Changing our username on Our Corporate Banking Page - International Bank of QatarEdit
Im Niloopa Fernando, one of the administrators on the the official wiki page of - International Bank of Qatar - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBQ
We currently Log in to our account as IBQMuna (Username), as this account was created by the previous Head of Corporate Communications, Muna Khoghali. However we would like to make our username to a more generic one such as : IBQ.Qatar or IBQOfficialpage or something similar to that But we are unable to do so.
Please help us. Niloopa Fernando email@example.com
- Hello! Thanks for reaching out. For copyright and social reasons, generic "role accounts" are discouraged on the English Wikipedia. Please have each contributor create their own personal account/username.
- Please note that no account 'administers' or 'owns' any wiki page; so you lose nothing by creating new accounts and editing with them. Best wishes, –SJ talk 09:45, 26 April 2012 (UTC)
Hi Samuel, I'm Paul O'Brien, the Community Manager for Wikitravel. I've been active on the RFC for the proposed WMF-sponsored fork of our site, and I was curious about a point of procedure there. You posted on Kim Bruning's Talk page that you wanted "someone uninvolved" to close the RFC. I'm wondering: 1. Why would you ask Kim to "ensure" this?; 2. Why would it be Kim's responsibility to find someone to close it?; 3. Why "someone uninvolved"?; and 4. What does "uninvolved" mean? As someone without a great deal of experience with how the WMF does things, I'd love to know. Cheers, and thanks for your attention to this.--IBobi talk email 18:38, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
- Hello Paul. We don't stand on ceremony, and most work on the projects is done by who is available at the time and interested (from a large pool of trusted people). So it is not kim's responsibility in an exclusive sense to do anything here. But since he is a skilled facilitator and has taken an interest in the discussion in the past weeks, I asked him to help out with things which otherwise might have been handled by people who were 'involved' - already had a stake in the outcome, or had been advocating for a particular outcome. It is often harder for involved people to neutrally evaluate the arguments presented. -SJ
Hello SJ, It's been pretty hard to find a completely neutral admin for closure, so we've gone with the next best thing, which is that Aude put on the relevant templates indicating end-of-discussion (see also: Talk:Requests_for_comment/Travel_Guide#Closed) , and people have now mostly tallied the numbers at Talk:Requests_for_comment/Travel_Guide#Counts.
No one agreed to exact decision criteria at the start of the RFC, so this is something that will have to be left up to the sister projects committee to report and the board to decide. As a compromise, no "Final decision" is reported at this time.
- Thanks for the update. You are right that exact criteria weren't defined; perhaps these stats and summarization are as good as we are going to get this time around. The sister projects committee feels the same way - their draft criteria are still only drafts, not confirmed standards for new projects. . - SJ
Some irregularities were observed during voting, specifically within the non-WM-regulars statistical group.
By raw numbers, there is 78% support for the travel wiki proposal; with WM-regulars support at ~79% and non-WM-regulars support at ~73% . Anywhere but meta, that would be an overwhelming majority ;-). On meta, some have suggested a cutoff at 80%. My view is that we should probably call it "discretionary", but I'll leave that to someone with less involvement.
I figure we can leave 24 more hours for people to come up with extra potential views, and I can write up a small wiki-report on the talk page on Friday morning (UTC).
WT folks have been forced to start moving content to wikivoyage early. If we want to be nice, we ought to try to wrap this up quickly, one way or the other.
Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll openEdit
You are receiving this message because you voiced your opinion at the Request for Comment on the Wikimedia Travel Guide.
The proposed naming poll opened a few days ago and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.
Did you mean for [] to be posted to the main RFC page or the talk page? I am not sure how it belongs at the main RFC page but, as it has been there for a while, I will defer to you. - UnbelievableError 05:12, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for your considerate reply. I will keep the nature of Meta pages in mind as I continue to contribute here. I was unsure whether to bring this up due to the tension in the air lately and your ability to look beyond that tension is appreciated. Cheers! - UnbelievableError (talk) 22:36, 17 February 2012 (UTC)