Welcome to Meta!Edit
Hello, Kopiersperre. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!
--Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 05:24, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
Please fill out our Inspire campaign surveyEdit
Thank you for participating in the Wikimedia Inspire campaign during March 2015!
Please take our short survey and share your experience during the campaign.
Jmorgan (WMF) (talk), on behalf of the IdeaLab team.
23:34, 13 April 2015 (UTC)
This message was delivered automatically to Inspire campaign participants. To unsubscribe from any future IdeaLab reminders, remove your name from this list
I want to let you know that I reverted your edit here. While the information is interesting, it is not information that is considered in any way by the FDC in its discussions, and it is not necessarily a factor in the proposals developed by the individual chapters. The recommendations are based on the analysis of the proposals presented to the FDC. Thank you, nonetheless, for taking the time to consider the recommendations submitted by the FDC. Risker (talk) 17:40, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
- @Risker: I acknowledge, that you make the decision. But it's interesting to see, how expensive for the foundation an average Swiss, Austrian or Swede is in comparison to e.g. an Ukrainian.--Kopiersperre (talk) 22:47, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
- I agree with you, Kopiersperre; I too find it interesting. On the other hand, the FDC recommended that Wikimedia Ukraine receive all of the funds it requested, but did not do so for Wikimedia CH. The relative population does not appear to have been a factor in the request they made. Other factors, such as comparative cost of living in different countries, the number of active members in a chapter, the nature of the program being designed, and geographic size and population density might also affect the funding requested by a chapter or organization. As well, the majority of chapters/user groups/thematic organizations neither request nor receive FDC funds; some receive other grants, while others are self-sufficient, and still others exist without any notable funding at all. In many cases, this is more reflective of how many editors participate in the Wikipedia of the country's native language, and their interest in working together in a formal chapter structure. In an ideal world, there would be a comparable percentage of the population of every country participating in Wikimedia projects, but that is not the case in reality. Risker (talk) 23:11, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?Edit
I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page
I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation. 03:34, 5 December 2015 (UTC)
Future IdeaLab Campaigns resultsEdit
Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.
With great thanks,
I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation. 23:56, 26 January 2016 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement GrantsEdit
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources 15:56, 31 March 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for your participation in IdeaLab during the Inspire Campaign focused on improving content curation & review processes from February to March 2016. I'm interested in hearing your feedback about your participation during campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating.
Immediate results of the campaign can be found here. Please feel free to review them and let me know if you have any questions about the campaign or the survey. Thanks! I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 02:31, 26 May 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for your participation during the Inspire Campaign focused on outreach to outside knowledge networks from February 2017. I'm interested in hearing your experience during the campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating. I want to improve how campaigns are run, so let me know if there's something that could be done better for next time.
Please feel free to let me know on my talk page if you have any questions about the campaign or the survey. Thanks! I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 18:34, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
Survey link error fixedEdit
Hi there, there was a error with the Inspire survey link that caused the survey to be shown as expired, but has now been fixed. The link in the above message should now bring you to the survey. Apologies, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:20, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
Hi. I'm inviting comments at Grants:Project/Glrx/SVG i18n. Glrx (talk) 00:38, 16 February 2018 (UTC)