User talk:Kalliope (WMF)
You've got mail!Edit
|Hello, Kalliope (WMF). Check your email—you've got mail!|
Re: Harassment SurveyEdit
Hi, interesting; is there a page about the survey yet? In my experience with running harassment surveys, they tend to be highly subject to controversies, so it's important to give people a chance to review them. --Nemo 12:35, 22 September 2015 (UTC)
- Hey Nemo, thank you for raising this question. The survey is one of several parts of the CA team's larger project on the controversial topic of harassment. We have consulted with the Harassment Working Group which consists of WMF staff as well as active community members. Additionally we plan on running a test run for the survey, where more community members will be able to offer their feedback and thoughts. However, the survey specialist we consulted suggested that we not widely publish the text in advance to avoid survey bias. Kalliope (WMF) (talk) 20:06, 22 September 2015 (UTC)
Replaced content with "?"Edit
I don't understand why you changed some of translations of 2015 harassment survey with "?". Example: , , . Is it right for editors to see survey banner with "? ?" instead of "Survey powered by Qualtrics"? -- Hwangjy9 (talk) 01:18, 14 November 2015 (UTC)
- Hello Hwangjy9. The reason some translations were changed to a "?" is because the text that had been translated is not longer accurate as off November 6. The sentence "Powered by Qualtrics" was changed to "Survey data processed by a third party", as per conversation here. A request for the change to be reflected was made, but it wasn't picked up on. So, instead of having a no-longer-accurate text showing in the banners, the translations where that was the case were un-published, the "?" was placed and they were marked for "Proofreading" in the hope that translators would pick this up and correct it, so that they can be re-published. So, no translation with the "?" should be visible on the banner. I hope the above explains the change. You are welcome to reflect that change in text if you like/can and ping me so that I can publish the translation.Kalliope (WMF) (talk) 10:36, 14 November 2015 (UTC)
As the year, at least according to the calendar used by Tech News, is drawing to end, I wanted to say thanks for the Tech News translations – both as a person writing Tech News and a Wikimedia editor who cares about the movement. It’s difficult enough to keep track of what’s happening if one speaks English. I’m happy there’s one place to get a weekly update of what’s happening if one doesn’t. The one true international language is translation. Thank you. /Johan (WMF) (talk) 13:45, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
Thank you for your translation help!Edit
|The Translation Barnstar|
|Thank you very much for your help translating the 2016 Strategy Consultation pages! I am so grateful for the energy you and others have put into helping the consultation reach speakers of as many languages as possible. Kbrown (WMF) (talk) 17:26, 2 February 2016 (UTC)|
Probably doesn't mean anythingEdit
- Armenian users who want to have removed the indefinite block with the user:6AND5 in the armenian Wikipedia
- voting armenian sysops, 22.09.2015
When start hitting on a woman sysop - Lilitik22 (when she offered to remove my block (November, 2015), one of the user began the attacks against her, another user began to discuss her life. When one of the user said that it is impossible with such a tone to speak with her, started to attack him, and so on), when in armenian Wikipedia does not work the laws, what to say? who said that the majority is opposed, why on meta (Armenian users who want to have removed the indefinite block with the user:6AND5 in the Armenian Wikipedia) to vote for withdrawal, and on Wikipedia no. You can ask Facebook to Susanna Mkrtchyan what she wants from me, why the sysop, who blocked me everywhere screaming her name (in addition this sysop said will leave (go away) from Wikipedia, if they unblock me). Why one of the users in this sysop said that he, as a warrior should not leave the battlefield?
- Аrmenian Wikipedia for its owner now has 9 sysops. 5 of them do not say what they think about blocking. 2 against a permanent block, 2 support the permanent block.
- Where did you find consensus?--6AND5 (talk) 15:21, 23 February 2016 (UTC)
- Hello 6AND5, Thank you for your comments. I have sent you a response via pm. Kalliope (WMF) (talk) 08:37, 25 February 2016 (UTC)
Might you respond?Edit
Hello Kalliope, Would you please review Talk:Access_to_nonpublic_information_policy/Noticeboard#Backlog.3F and advise as to the current processing status? Thank you, — xaosflux Talk 02:40, 21 September 2016 (UTC)
Please, help in deletion of "Janevistan" crap site on sh.wikipediaEdit
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.