Welcome to Meta!Edit
Hello Jucos!, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing! — Mikhailov Kusserow (talk) 03:03, 5 October 2009 (UTC)
Hi there! Thanks for volunteering to sit on the Fundraising committee. The work of the committee will be really valuable to making this year's annual giving campaign really effective. I've posted an overview to Fundraising 2010, and would love your thoughts on the talk page. I'm also going to try to set up an IRC meeting soon, and hope you'll join for that. Keep an eye Fundraising 2010/Committee for a couple of proposed times! Thanks again... Philippe (WMF) 18:23, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
I'd like to have a meeting on IRC this week to discuss the 2010-2011 annual appeal/fundraiser. This will be an "anyone is welcome" type meeting, open to the broad community. During this, Zack Exley and I will take you through our inital thoughts about the fundraiser and its organization, and ask you to join us in a discussion about the (massive) role of volunteers and chapters in this year's fundraiser.
Because of the vagaries of time zones, scheduling live meetings is hard. So, we'll have a couple of potential times, and we'll log and post the meeting for anyone who wasn't able to make it.
The meetings will be held Thursday, 12 August at 23:00 UTC (16:00 PDT) and Friday, 13 August at 16:30 UTC (09:30 PDT) in the #wikimedia-fundraising channel on the freenode network on IRC (irc://irc.freenode.net/wikimedia-fundraising). You can access this using freenode's webclient, which is available at http://webchat.freenode.net/ or by using your favorite IRC client.
Hope to see you there! Philippe (WMF) 20:33, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
Hello Juliana, thanks for showing interest in the fundraising committee. You can see that we've started to develop the Committee structure and I'd like to encourage your thoughts and participation in the formulation of the important role Wikimedians will play in our drive this year. Please leave me a message if you have a specific request from me, otherwise head to the talk pages and lets get started brainstorming! Keegan (WMF), Fundraising 2010 20:15, 7 September 2010 (UTC)
Wikimania 2013 BiddingEdit
You are getting this message because you have edited a Wikimania bidding page for 2013.
Many have said that the bidding needs to be brought forward to give teams longer to organise the conference, to enable it to be run more professionally and smoother and to give teams more time to arrange things like sponsorship which can take significant amounts of time. This year an active effort is being made to bring the start of official bidding to before the fundraiser (around September/October, to have a longer bidding period that will run till the end of January and a decision made by the end of February.
Although this clashes with the fundraiser, the significantly longer bidding period is to give those teams from chapters involved in the fundraiser more time. It should hopefully allow teams to create better and more detailed bids. Going forward the idea would be that eventually the bidding would occur entirely before the fundraiser. I though it best to not jump immediately to this to not catch teams off guard.
Just to recap: Bidding will start in September/October and not in January
Any thoughts and comments on this would be greatly appreciated.
Seddon 12:09, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
You have a beautiful spanish name...¿también sabes español?...--Marctaltor 04:03, 17 June 2011 (UTC)
- It is portuguese. ;). I can read it, but I must try to speak spanish and portuguese, but I had not the time here in Germany. I must spend more time in spanish countries... ;) --Juliana 13:35, 17 June 2011 (UTC)
WikiWomenCamp Registration FormEdit
You listed your name as someone interested in be part of WikiWomenCamp, which will be held in Buenos Aires from 23 to 25 May, 2012.
We are asking everyone to fill this form will all your info. Everyone is invited to fill this form, even if you don't have a grant to cover your expenses yet.
Thanks for you interrest, and I hope to see you in Buenos Aires in May :)
Béria Lima msg 18:21, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
The second anniversary of Wikispore Day, observed on July 28, 2020, marks twenty-four months from the conceptual sprouting of the Wikispore idea from the Strategy Wiknic in NYC, which was held on July 14, 2019.
You are invited to participate in a virtual unconference for this year!
Wednesday July 28:
- Main Unconference (more details at wikispore:Wikispore Day)
- Social Hour
Since Wikispore is probably the only Wikimedia project to be born at a picnic, you are encouraged to participate from a socially-distanced green space outdooors if possible.
- Register on Eventbrite
- Google Meet link: https://meet.google.com/vsg-mxiw-hij --Pharos (talk) 18:39, 26 July 2021 (UTC)
Wikisporadic Newsletter: August 2021Edit
Wikisporadic, an Occasional Newsletter for our Germinating Community.
- The Wikipore Day Unconference was held in July, with about 20 participants - see etherpad. A suggested path forward is the "movement tactic" of regular collaborations, like a Spore of the Month or a Feature of the Fortnight.
- Some newer proposed projects at Wikispore: STARDIT (using mw:Extension:Cargo), Works Spore, WikiCite. (Comment on their talk pages!)
- On Saturday August 14, there will be a Wikimania lightning talk on Wikispore and Innovating Free Knowledge at , followed a few minutes later by an unconference group session for Wikimedians Innovating New Genres.
(You can subscribe/unsubscribe from future notifications for the Wikisporadic Newsletter by adding or removing your name from this list.)
Feedback on any of these items is welcomed at your friendly Wikispore Greenhouse!
--Pharos 19:48, 11 August 2021 (UTC)
Wikisporadic Newsletter: September 2022Edit
Wikisporadic, an Occasional Newsletter for our Germinating Community.
- Oral knowledge We held a session on oral knowledge and Wikispore as part of Options Space at Wikimedia Summit 2022 in Berlin, looking at options with several African affiliates to link out to cultural topics from Wikipedia(s). Some African communities are already doing oral knowledge documentation like the Nigerian community working on oral history as well as the growing Mozambican community working on oral history documentation in Makhuwa language. This is a way to provide more sources as well as digitize some oral parts of their history.
- Wikidata integration There is a plan to install the new UnlinkedWikibase extension, advancing the vision of Wikisprout and full Wikidata integration such as use in infoboxes.
- Movement strategy Using the Cargo and related extensions on Wikispore, work is underway to create a demo of Movement Strategy activities, adapting Baserow data from Wikimedia Summit.
- Halloween event As a Wikidata 10th Birthday event, there is hope to collaborate at the end of October with Wiki Cemeteries User Group on Grave Spore (see discussion), for maps and in-depth coverage of individual graves.
Participate: Comment on stories and ideas in this Newsletter, Join Wikispore on Telegram, Join Wikispore mailing list