Železniční depozitář edit
Wikimedia CEE Spring 2015 2nd meeting edit
I am contacting You as a contact person of Czech Republic for the Wikimedia CEE Spring 2015 event and to announce that the second meeting for the Wikimedia CEE Spring organisation team will take place on the 28th of January 2015. There will be 2 discussion groups for the meeting, as to get as much people involved (some of us have other engagements during the daytime and others are not available during the evenings).
The first group will start the discussion 12:00 CET (13:00 EET, 14:00 MSK, 15:00 AMT/AZT, 17:00 ALMT, 3:00 PST).
The second group will start the discussion 18:00 CET (19:00 EET, 20:00 MSK, 21:00 AMT/AZT, 23:00 ALMT, 9:00 PST).
During the discussion both Skype call and IRC will be used. For more details see event meetings page! Wikimedia Eesti will be responsible for moderating the groups, however all contributions to the etherpad protocol are more than welcome!
- Hi Kaarel, I am sorry, but announcement less, than 24 hours in advance is not enough… --Jagro (talk) 22:53, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
Dear Jagro, I totally agree that the announcement should have been made earlier and I apologize for the late announcement! It was rather difficult to find out what are suitable times for participants and also what are good technical solutions for the meeting and I agree that the online meeting could have been better organised and the announcement could have been made earlier. Nevertheless, we did our best to document the meeting (see protocol in etherpad) and luckily there was a representative of Czech Republic (Aktron) present in the discussion. We will do our best to announce the next virtual meeting in time! Best regards, --Kaarel Vaidla (WM EE) (talk) 21:07, 29 January 2015 (UTC)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better? edit
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback! edit
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
Grants panel edit
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,
Participation in the conference (CEE Meeting 2017). edit
Approved submission for Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2017 edit
On behalf of the Programme Committee of the Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2017, I am pleased to inform you that your submission How Senior Citizens Write Wikipedia in the Czech Republic? was approved for presentation and was included in the event programme. Please take your time to review the schedule, as there might be some slight differences between the available timeslot allocated for your talk, and the duration you requested. Thank you for your participation, and see you in Warsaw. :) Bests, →Spiritia 14:34, 25 August 2017 (UTC)
The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a proposed forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.
The idea is to follow up on the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting and other strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 15:37, 21 August 2020 (UTC)
Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022 submission edit
On behalf of the Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022 programme committee, I am pleased to inform you that your submission "SOUTHEAST EUROPEAN CULTURAL OBJECTS AT RISK - New GLAM project WMCZ & ICOM" has been accepted as a lecture. Considering that the conference will have language interpretation from English into Russian and vice versa, you have the choice between English and Russian as a language that you will use in your session. In case you have any additional requests or questions, do not hesitate to contact me or any other committee member.
We need your feedback on a tool from the Wikimedia Summit edit
Hi! I'm contacting you as one of the participants in the Wikimedia Summit 2022, to kindly ask for your feedback through a 5-10 minute survey to evaluate 'Baserow' (note: the survey is on a Google form).
Baserow was tool through which participants in the Summit co-created a database of Movement Strategy activities. We hope to learn from you how useful it may be to keep using it in the future to help document and connect on Movement Strategy work.