Thank you for your help!Edit
|The Translation Barnstar|
|Thank you for your valuable contribution to the translation of the Global South Editor Survey questions! With my best regards, -- Haitham S. (WMF)|
WikiConference India 2016 updatesEdit
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
Invitation to Met Open Access Artworks Challenge (15 May - 30 June)Edit
We'd like to invite UNESCO participants to join a new challenge on the same model, the Met Open Access Artworks Challenge. You can contribute by illustrating with images using some of the 375k photos now under CC0, starting or improving articles (try our new Mbabel tool!), or creating translations (if your language isn't listed, please ask!). You can sign up here: Met Open Access Artworks Challenge/Participants. --Pharos (talk) 18:00, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
Come join Wikimedia CEE Spring 2018/CEE Women again! <3Edit
Hello, Irvin! You receive this message because last year you took part in the CEE Women challenge. This year the challenge repeats, and it will take longer: from now until the end of May (about 10 weeks).
Please, feel invited to visit the page Wikimedia CEE Spring 2018/CEE Women and join the challenge again. Help have more notable women from Central and Eastern Europe in more language versions globally, including Malayalam. We again have a list of ideas for biographic articles all over the CEE.
What is different this year is that now you can set your own minimal number of articles as a measure of your challenge (i don't advise you to challenge yourself with more than 70 ;) 10-20 is perfect!). Also, you can receive as a prize a postcard not only from Bulgaria (as in 2017), but also from a list of countries from CEE and around the world. Apart of being a receiver, you can also opt to be a sender of postcards from your country to some of the other participants! That would also be awesome!
Join Wikimedians of Kerala User GroupEdit
We got affiliation for Wikimedians of Kerala User Group. Membership is open now. SO join on that group. It will be the official user group of Malayalam. Regards -- Ranjithsiji (talk) 08:28, 17 October 2018 (UTC)
Extended to Dec: Wikipedia Asian Art Month with Metropolitan Museum of ArtEdit
I'd like to invite you to join Wikipedia Asian Art Month in the December extension of the sub-contest; if you write or translate just one article and include one of our images, you'll get a special Metropolitan Museum of Art postcard. And if you're one of the grand prize winners, you'll get a Met guidebook or Asian art publication.--Pharos (talk) 21:32, 5 December 2018 (UTC)