What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?Edit
I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page
Future IdeaLab Campaigns resultsEdit
Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.
With great thanks,
Open Call for Individual Engagement GrantsEdit
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
2016 Community Wishlist SurveyEdit
You’re getting this message because you participated in the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey and we want to make sure you don't miss it this year – or at least can make the conscious choice to ignore if it you want to. The 2015 survey decided what the Community Tech team should work on during 2016. It was also the focus of Wikimedia hackathons and work by other developers. You can see the status of wishes from the 2015 wishlist at 2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Results.
The 2016 Community Wishlist Survey is now open for wishes. You can create proposals until November 20. You will be able to vote on which wishes you think are best or most important between November 28 and December 12. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:17, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
Watchlist Expiry project pageEdit
During the Community Whishlist survey 2019, you have voted for the Watchlist item Expiration wish.
Regards, IFried_(WMF), 15:51, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
Sorry if I'm asking on the wrong place. I need to change my username that's currently jkbeast2135 And I have no way of doing it on my own, I read on one of the pages that I need to as one of you guys so I have chosen your name
If you have the authority to change my username then please change it to johank213 or something along those lines
- Jkbeast2135, the point to renaming accounts is to preserve the attribution of a user's contributions. You have made only one edit, this request. It would be easier for you (and quicker) to just abandon this account and start over with a new account.
- Moreover, "or something along those lines", you need to decide what name you want. It's not for anyone else to do on your behalf.
- If you really, really need to have your account renamed then Steward requests/Username changes is the place to request it. A properly formatted request there hooks into the tools to do the job. Cabayi (talk) 09:01, 18 August 2020 (UTC)