Welcome to Meta!Edit
Hello Amahoney, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). If you would like, feel free to ask me questions on my talk page. Happy editing!
... based on your userpage; if you're a 'serious amateur' pianist, doesn't that make you just a pianist? Almafeta 19:31, 1 February 2012 (UTC)
- Sure, I guess. It's not what I do for a living, but it's something I take seriously. And I'm not claiming any great virtuosity, either -- there are days when Schubert and Beethoven may be rolling in their graves. A. Mahoney 19:51, 1 February 2012 (UTC)
Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll openEdit
You are receiving this message because you voiced your opinion at the Request for Comment on the Wikimedia Travel Guide.
The proposed naming poll opened a few days ago and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.
Dear Amahoney, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:04, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Are you knowledgeable in Middle English?Edit
A bit of a random question but I would love to know if you are knowledgeable in Middle English. The reason I’m asking is because I’m trying to improve the grammar in Middle English Wikipedia and if you are, it will really help if you join. The test wiki was opened more than a decade ago and can be found here. If it received contributions from experts that would cancel one of the main comments people opposed to wikis in ancient languages use. Thanks for understanding. -Gifnk dlm 2020 (talk) 17:07, 18 June 2021 (UTC)
- I'm not expert but I do know the basics, at least as a reader. I haven't tried writing. I am sympathetic, though, as you might expect given that my home is Vicipaedia Latina and I'm also supporting the idea of ancient Greek! Yeah, I should go tidy up an article or two at some point. A. Mahoney (talk) 17:33, 18 June 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you very much! Appreciated! -Gifnk dlm 2020 (talk) 20:18, 18 June 2021 (UTC)
Merry Christmas 2021Edit
Gifnk dlm 2020 (chat) wishes you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hopefully this greeting has made your day a little better. Spread WikiLove by wishing another user Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Much love! -Gifnk dlm 2020 Merry Christmas 🎄(talk) 12:17, 24 December 2021 (UTC)