Talk:Wikimedia LGBT+/Archive 10

Active discussions
Archive This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.

Friendly space policy for events

What "friendly space policy" or "code of conduct" or other similar policies should Wikimedia LGBT+ apply to events, online spaces, and its other public community forums?

On Fri 22 May - Sun 24 May, 2020 there will be a 3-day international Wiki LGBT+ conference called Queering Wikipedia. If anyone wishes to join planning or organizing for this then please go to the conference page and join conversations.

The Wikimedia Foundation is sponsoring this event. At Grants:Friendly Space Policies, the WMF has communicated that "All Wikimedia Foundation grantees are required to have a friendly space policy for their in-person events.". I am posting here to propose a friendly space policy for Wikimedia LGBT+ in general and for this conference in particular.

The process that I propose for now is that we all accept the most popular existing option. The advantage of this is that we can proceed with other issues, and at the conference, hopefully as part of the program, attendees can develop the policy for LGBT+ interests to address difficulties. The alternative is that we halt some parts of conference planning to do something new and different, such as adopt a policy which is undiscussed, or develop a new policy.

The most globally accepted Wikimedia community policy in place since 2013, which Wikimedia New York City developed for its events, is

I was part of organizing this in the context of Wiki NYC's large LGBT+ membership and regular programming. I know the policy is simple but at least no one has protested it directly. If we need one policy, then this was has been the international Wikimedia Movement default used by the Wikimedia Foundation and others for many years and seems acceptable.

I would support the co-adoption of any number of additional policies. If anyone said that Wikimedia LGBT+ should comply with a set of policies simultaneously, then I agree with that, even if it seems like a lot of text or if parts of one policy conflict with parts of another. Wiki means continual editing so whatever invites community engagement works for me.

Other policies which I like are the Wikimedia New York City Code of Conduct, developed at the direction of Megs with targeted outreach to LGBT+ communities in New York;

this non-discrimination policy which English Wikipedia WikiProject LGBT+ members developed especially with ;

and the Code of Conduct page on meta, which states that the Wikimedia community has not found consensus to accept any particular code of conduct.

I understand that various other organizations and communities might have developed friendly space policies or codes of conduct. So far as I recall, other than Wikimedia NYC and there have been no organizations which invited Wikimedia LGBT+ and its membership to comment on the development of any of these. Anyone can check the archives of this talk page to find past communication if it exists. If anyone has more stories to share or surface, then posting links here on the talk page would be a great way to do that.

Is there anyone here has an idea other than accepting the 2013 Friendly space policies as a default, and also encouraging friendly space policy discussion at this upcoming discussion? Thanks. Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:23, 12 December 2019 (UTC)

So, that's maybe not a good short term answer, but I kinda feel we are missing some "tests case", something that details "here is what happened, and the policy should prevent that". A few years ago, I did participate to a workshop oranized by the feminist queer hackerspace in Paris Le Reset, on CoC enforcement. That was a collective pen and paper role playing (with 20 people), and we screwed up massively (on purpose by the organiser, who were trying to show that enforcing is hard). I think that maybe not for that event (due to ressources and time constraint), we should try to confront the policy to a mock yet realistic case, and see. Cause if there is a problem, contradiction, misunderstanding, I think that's better to notice during a test than during a real problem. Knowing clearly what we want to avoid and "testing" the policies against that is important. For example, the point made by Bluerasberry (talk · contribs) about police violence is important, but even besides that, there is conflicting requirements between "contact police and/or security" and "ask people what they want" in case someone say "I do not want the police to be involved".
I also feel that the Friendly space policies by treating all gender/sexual orientation, etc as equal have a risk of backfiring. For example, someone saying "cis het men are the worst" could be argued to be a "offensive verbal comment" based on my understanding of the text of Friendly space policies, and this feel wrong to me. Maybe there should be a notion of power dynamics or something there, even if that's harder to write (this whole comment was inspired by these tweets). --Misc (talk) 10:30, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
I feel like this should be a session / workshop at the Queering Wikipedia conference itself: What do our existing friendly-space policies miss? Which ones do we want to use for Wikimedia LGBT+ events? What policy do we as a User Group want to propose and create?
I personally would go for Claudia's suggestion on the mailing list of using the Code of Conduct together with the English Wikipedia non-discrimination policy. I agree with the comment on the mailing list that the non-discrimination policy is anglocentric and focused on editing, but for the moment in lack of a better alternative, I would go for that anyways. --Shikeishu (talk) 16:28, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
So, if we want a session/workshop, who would be proposing it ? I think a session would be good, but 1) how long 2) what form ? --Misc (talk) 11:47, 15 December 2019 (UTC)
It's hard for a session on such a complex topic to stay productive unless there are clear goals. I think discussion on this topic is very much undeveloped, so before talking specific solutions it's important to agree on what should be the ultimate goals and first principles. It would be suitable for a Wikimedia LGBT+ event to focus on what an LGBT community needs and on how to avoid the risk of new structures of power being used against the LGBT communities (and individual members thereof) by whatever agenda the power of the day has.
By the way, there's an Italian hackerspace looking right now for someone willing to run a session on sexism in hacker spaces in the coming days. If you know someone in Italy, please send them my way. Nemo 23:09, 15 December 2019 (UTC)
I don't really understand. Queering Wikipedia will gather the LGBTI+ community of the Wikiverse, I think it's the perfect place to discuss the needs of our community in terms of safer spaces and friendly place. The format etc. can still be decided. I can imagine suggesting such a workshop or session. --Shikeishu (talk) 16:27, 17 December 2019 (UTC)
I highly support the idea of a co-creation workshop to come up with a better FSP during the conference. I mean, isn't that the essence of the conference? And what better way to make it really fruitful and get concrete output of it? Plus we might have someone from the WMF trust and safety team, and their presence in such workshop will be very beneficial. This can be a very good idea for a proposal I think!!--Kawayashu (talk) 18:44, 17 December 2019 (UTC)

For what it's worth, this is the Art+Feminism Safe Space Policy Kiraface (talk) 16:46, 23 December 2019 (UTC)

I wrote the English Wikipedia nondiscrimination policy proposal described above, with help from others around Wikimedia LGBT+ and others. I will hope to present it at this conference, invite feedback, and perhaps try adopting it. This is all largely dependent on scholarship availability. I would be glad to host this as part of a series of discussions into friendly space policies at this and other events. (talk) 17:59, 23 December 2019 (UTC)
I recommend using the Contributor Covenant with updated examples of unacceptable behavior. I blogged specifics at Recommending a Friendly Space policy for Queering Wikipedia - Timid Robot. If something else is selected, the Wikimedia New York City/Code of Conduct - Meta (also linked above) and the Code of Conduct - LGBTQ in Technology contain excellent examples of unacceptable behavior that can be called out in the policy or in the surrounding documentation.CC-TimidRobot (talk) 00:17, 27 December 2019 (UTC)

Hey everybody! We need to make a decision on this until at latest 15 January (Wednesday next week), so we can start with the registration process of the conference.

I actually really like your suggestions, TimidRobot! I think the Contributor Covenant has a lot of simplicitiy and positivity, which I really like. I didn't know this document before. Maybe this could be a good starting point or input for the session on creating our Wikimedia LGBT+ code of conduct at the conference?

As we also need to use a WMF friendly-space policy, I would go for:

  1. using the Code of Conduct
  2. together with the Contributor Covenant + updated examples (as TimidRobot suggested) OR the English Wikipedia non-discrimination policy (despite it being anglocentric and focused on editing)
  3. hosting a workshop on creating a code of conduct for future User Group events at the conference itself

--Shikeishu (talk) 11:13, 9 January 2020 (UTC)

  • I would go with the following two in the order of preference:
  1. using the Code of Conduct
  2. hosting a workshop on creating a code of conduct for future User Group events at the conference itself.

John Samuel 14:45, 9 January 2020 (UTC)

I also vote for

  1. using the Code of Conduct
  2. hosting a workshop on creating a code of conduct for future Wikimedia LGBT+ user group events

RachelWex (talk) 14:49, 9 January 2020 (UTC)

I accept any existing policy.

  1. I find the above mentioned mw:Code of Conduct policy problematic because it promises support from the "Code of Conduct Committee" when that organization probably cannot support us. That committee is sponsored for a certain purpose and cannot generally support Wikipedia community events. The policy itself is fine, but if anyone tries to file a report in that system, it would be like filing a report to a third party organization who is not expecting us. We could seek support from them because we are both wiki events, but in general the support which that policy offers is not available to us.
  2. Let's talk about all this at Queering Wikipedia - Queering Wikipedia/Code of conduct

Blue Rasberry (talk) 20:39, 9 January 2020 (UTC)

  1. I support both ideas: Using the code of conduct and organizing a workshop during the conference.--Kawayashu (talk) 15:02, 10 January 2020 (UTC)
Sounds like we have a solution, thank you all for contributing to the discussion! :) --Shikeishu (talk) 15:22, 11 January 2020 (UTC)

workshop for code of conduct

@Shikeishu, Jsamwrites, and RachelWex: At the upcoming Queering Wikipedia conference the submissions are private in a form by default. I made a submission for a code of conduct talk here

By default I made this submission with me as presenter or to mediate discussion, but I am eager to hand this over to anyone else who would lead this. I would appreciate your strong support to include this sort of talk in that conference since this issue comes up so routinely and is so challenging. Blue Rasberry (talk) 20:39, 9 January 2020 (UTC)

I totally support this idea and will definitely be one of its participants if the submission is accepted.--Kawayashu (talk) 15:04, 10 January 2020 (UTC)
This is really good idea. It will be great to have inputs from the community. John Samuel 12:21, 11 January 2020 (UTC)
Much needed, wanted by the conference leadership and most likely would be an important topic for attendees. I support. RachelWex (talk) 15:21, 13 January 2020 (UTC)

One day left to apply for a Queering Wikipedia 2020 scholarship!

Queering_Wikipedia/Scholarships

The closing date for receiving applications is 18th January.

If you want to apply for a scholarship, go click on the application form now. It only takes about ten or fifteen minutes to fill out, and you can edit it later if there's something you forgot. If you know of someone else that might be interested in applying, send them the link quick! -- (talk) 22:00, 17 January 2020 (UTC)

LGBT+ User Group Meeting: January 21, 2020 - 2:00pm EST

Please select a date for the January, 2020, LGBT+ User Group Meeting: https://doodle.com/poll/uy4uyg3a6gm8zvzi
This poll will close on Saturday, January 18, at the end of the day. Thank you. --- FULBERT (talk) 16:05, 16 January 2020 (UTC)

The January LGBT+ User Group meeting will be on Tuesday, January 21, at 2:00pm EST via Zoom https://zoom.us/j/360321644. Please add agenda items and sign up as a planned attendee if you wish on the meeting page https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_LGBT_User_Group_January_2020. Contact me directly if you want me to also send you a calendar appointment with this information via email. We have a big year ahead of us! --- FULBERT (talk) 19:41, 19 January 2020 (UTC)

Wikimedia 2030: Movement Strategy Community conversations are here!

Dear Affiliate Representatives and community members,

The launch of our final round of community conversation is finally here! We are excited to have the opportunity to invite you to take part. 
The recommendations have been published! Please take time over the next five weeks to review and help us understand how your organization and community would be impacted.

What Does This Mean?

The core recommendations document has now been published on Meta in Arabic, English, French, German, Hindi, Portuguese, and Spanish. This is the result of more than a year of dedicated work by our working groups, and we are pleased to share the evolution of their work for your final consideration. 
In addition to the recommendations text, you can read through key documents such as Principles, Process, and the Writer’s Reflections, which lend important context to this work and highlight the ways that the recommendations are conceptually interlinked.
We also have a brief Narrative of Change [5] which offers a summary introduction to the recommendations material. 

How Is My Input Reflected In This Work?

Community input played an important role in the drafting of these recommendations. The core recommendations document reflects this and cites community input throughout in footnotes. I also encourage you to take a look at our community input summaries. These texts show a further analysis of how all of the ideas you shared last year through online conversations, affiliate meetings, and strategy salons connect to recommendations. Many of the community notes and reports not footnoted in the core recommendations document are referenced here as evidence of the incredible convergence of ideas that have brought us this far.  

What Happens Now?

Affiliates, online communities, and other stakeholders have the next five weeks to discuss and share feedback on these recommendations. In particular, we’re hoping to better understand how you think they would impact our movement - what benefits and opportunities do you foresee for your affiliate, and why? What challenges or barriers would they pose for you? Your input at this stage is vital, and we’d like to warmly invite you to participate in this final discussion period.

We encourage volunteer discussion co-ordinators for facilitating these discussions in your local language community on-wiki, on social media, informal or formal meet ups, on-hangouts, IRC or the village pump of your project. Please collect a report from these channels or conversations and connect with me directly so that I can be sure your input is collected and used. Alternatively, you can also post the feedback on the meta talk pages of the respective recommendations.

After this five week period, the Core Team will publish a summary report of input from across affiliates, online communities, and other stakeholders for public review before the recommendations are finalized. You can view our updated timeline here as well as an updated FAQ section that addresses topics like the goal of this current period, the various components of the draft recommendations, and what’s next in more detail. 
Thank you again for taking the time to join us in community conversations, and we look forward to receiving your input. (Please help us by translating this message into your local language). Happy reading! RSharma (WMF) MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 21:31, 20 January 2020 (UTC)

QW2020 Scholarships update

The QW scholarships team had a productive video conference yesterday, with five of us in the meeting being our coordinator Thomas and the four team members. Scholarship applications are now closed and the aim is to be able to finalize scholarships decisions by Saturday 1st February and after final checks we expect to officially confirm with candidates within less than two weeks, enabling the Wikimedia Austria travel team to start helping applicants who need visa applications as well as getting travel reservations in place early. In addition to the funds within the QW2020 conference budget, which is expected to be sufficient for approximately 20 full scholarships, there are active discussions with Wikimedia chapters such as Wikimedia Germany, as to whether they will be able to offer recommended applicants from their countries direct funding. This option has been very positively received and we are going to see the total number of successful scholarships significantly increased thanks to the enthusiastic chapter offers of support. In addition to the scholarships, there will be a "waiting list" that will make good use of funds made available through cancellations, or where negotiation with Wikimedia affiliates may make new funds available.

In terms of good governance, the scholarship team is as published on the team page, and NDAs are in place with Wikimedia Austria to ensure application data remains confidential and is managed correctly. The team has agreed on a prioritization scheme examining the factors of queer/LGBT+ experience and projects both within Wikimedia projects and outside, the value the applicant is likely to bring to the conference and the value they are likely to take away by participating to implement in their future open knowledge projects. Extra weight is given to applications that bring diverse voices to the conference, ensuring geographic spread, gender diversity and healthy representation for the many different stakeholder groups within our queer/LGBT+ community. As the team is using anonymised applications, we do not all have access to personal information, so there will be a check for applications that pass our first round of recommendations by Wikimedia Austria and the QW coordinators to ensure that the most relevant assertions in the applications are verified and there will be an additional Wikimedia Foundation trust and safety check.

The good news is that there have been over 70 scholarship applications received (there were expected to be a total of 50 to 65 places at the conference itself). The quality of applications is exceptionally high, with a wide range of professional and volunteer interests and experience, and a fair proportion of the applications coming from outside Europe and the USA. Once the scholarships have been allocated, we are planning to publish appropriate statistics to provide public assurance that the funding is being used to support a diverse spread of applicants based on gender, LGBT+ representation and geographic spread.

If you have questions about the governance, process or reporting for the scholarships please raise them here or on one of our other user group channels. -- (talk) 14:28, 23 January 2020 (UTC)

Thanks for the reporting. I am not among the conference organizers, but I am an interested observer following progress and participating in some public meetings. I am satisfied to see excellent Wikimedia community planning and engagement and good use of the available resources. Everything I have seen is in accord with the values of the Wikimedia movement and best practices passed down from previous Wikimedia conferences and events. Things are going well and I appreciate the care and time which organizers are putting into this event. Blue Rasberry (talk) 14:58, 23 January 2020 (UTC)

The scholarships team were hard at it over the weekend and we had a group conference yesterday to walk through the final ranking of applications, and jointly review cases where we were not in close agreement on ratings. This discussion ensured that we were as fair as possible where candidates may appear weaker due to English not being their first language, or where the candidate had an especially important voice to add to the diversity of our conference. The next step is that Wikimedia Austria and our coordinator Thomas are going to be taking the top-rated applications in order and working out how far our scholarships budget can go once there are cost estimates in place for different travel needs, and we know which applicants can be funded through chapters rather than conference funds. Our team's expectation is that around 25 to 30 scholarships may be possible to fund in total. There will be a report on the diversity of the scholarships that are accepted, but here are a few early and not final stats based on rankings rather than knowing who is receiving the final scholarships, that I hope you will find interesting:

  • There were 74 applications received in total. Significantly more than we were expecting when we started this process.
  • 26 applications have been rated as "high" or "very high" priority (a score of 4 to 5). It is likely that these applicants will be funded to join the conference.
  • 17 applications scored between 3.5 to 4. Part of the logistical stage will be deciding how many of these can receive a scholarship or can fairly be held on our "waitlist".
  • Of the 26 top-rated applications (not the actual scholarships remember!), 15 (58%) are coming from outside of Europe.
  • The spread of preferred pronouns for the 26 top-rated is "he" 54%, "she" 23%, "they" or blank 23%. Note that at the time of ratings we did not have personal information about cis or non-cis identification, though some candidate statements do allude to being non-cis. The spread of preferred pronouns for the total applications is "he" 56%, "she" 27%, "they" or blank 16%.

Reassuringly the scholarships work is ahead of schedule, giving us slightly more capacity to handle a few unplanned issues. Thanks to the rest of my team members for getting it done, and being diligent, thoughtful and so good at getting together for the necessary video conferences. Lastly, though we must limit our scholarships, those that don't make it this time have excellent reasons for wanting to be at this conference, to learn from others and to share their experiences. There's plenty for us to take on board to make future queer/LGBT+ conferences available for different needs and stakeholders. -- (talk) 14:23, 28 January 2020 (UTC)

Thanks for reporting all this. There are some regular Wiki LGBT+ meetups both in general and for this conference. In these meetups we talk about measuring our efforts to promote diversity in the ways that you just described. This report you give is what we requested, and these numbers are in the ranges of what we imagined in advance would be satisfactory. This is a great update and thanks for both sharing it and also documenting this as a precedent. Blue Rasberry (talk) 21:10, 28 January 2020 (UTC)

February 2020 LGBT+ User Group Meeting - Tuesday, Feb 18, 1:00pm EST

Please select a date for the February, 2020, LGBT+ User Group Meeting (online via Zoom): https://doodle.com/poll/5wkmwsk3uvfaqs5s
This poll will close on Thursday, February 13, at the end of the day. --- FULBERT (talk) 02:13, 12 February 2020 (UTC)

The February 2020 LGBT+ User Group meeting will be on Tuesday, February 18, at 1:00pm EST. See your local time here. The live meeting will be via Zoom webinar https://zoom.us/j/495261334. Please download and install the Zoom player on a computer or mobile device for the best experience. The meeting agenda and notes are available here (please add your agenda items!). Please share this information with any in your network who you think will want to attend. --- FULBERT (talk) 03:11, 17 February 2020 (UTC)

I just updated the Zoom url. Sorry for any inconvenience. --- FULBERT (talk) 18:06, 18 February 2020 (UTC)

Queering Wikipedia: Registration is open

Hey everybody! The registration for our Queering Wikipedia conference from 21-24 May 2020 in Linz (Austria) is open now: Queering Wikipedia/Registration. 3 Please feel free to register and to share this with people who you think might be interested in joining the conference. :) --Shikeishu (talk) 11:55, 18 February 2020 (UTC)

Wikimedia Summit 2020

(feel free to post this text anywhere appropriate)

This is a call for candidates who would represent Wikimedia LGBT+ at the Wikimedia Summit in Berlin in 3-5 April 2019. See details on the summit at

Anyone who could serve this role please sign your name to

The Wikimedia Summit is an international gathering of Wikimedia community group representatives who convene to develop the community recommendations for Wikimedia Movement strategy. In addition to discussing global strategy there is some opportunity at this event for representatives to negotiate collaborations with other Wikimedia affiliates.

Anyone who is interested in standing as a candidate should state their interest on Meta-Wiki in the Wikimedia LGBT+ talk page section seeking statements of interest. The deadline for nominations is Saturday 7 December 2019. By Wednesday 11 December 2019 Wikimedia LGBT+ members will have made a selection of the representative. That person should register immediately thereafter by the 16 December deadline.

The ideal candidate has the following characteristics:

  1. Past engagement with LGBT+ themed content in Wikimedia projects
  2. Past experience with any sort of Wikimedia community organization, which is the focus of the Wikimedia Summit
  3. Past participation in Wikimedia LGBT+
  4. Makes a commitment to take and publish notes of their experience at the summit within 30 days of the summit's end
  5. After expressing interest in candidacy, talk with the other candidates. Ideally candidates can negotiate a bit among themselves about who should attend this event.

Thanks. Blue Rasberry (talk) 23:38, 26 November 2019 (UTC)

Call for nominations

The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.

Candidates may self-nominate here by writing a one-sentence statement of what they would do as volunteer, and also posting their signature. Blue Rasberry (talk) 23:38, 26 November 2019 (UTC).

Nicely stated, Blue Rasberry (talk). To be clear, we as a User Group are allowed for one representative of this event, which will focus on how the Movement Strategy will be implemented and as a result will involve representing our voice in the process. Participation outside those who are invited is not really possible, so having a representative on behalf of our LGBT+ User Group holds some responsibility. --- FULBERT (talk) 22:22, 28 November 2019 (UTC)
  1. Hi, my name is TJ Smith and my involvement with the Wikimedia movement includes the creation of content about LGBTQ+ individuals and women academics through Wiki Loves Pride and Women in Red (WIR) on Wikipedia, Commons, and Wikidata, conference participation (Wiki North America 2018 & 2019), and planning/support for the 2020 Queering Wikipedia Conference. TJMSmith (talk) 18:54, 4 December 2019 (UTC)
  2. ...My name is Ayokanmi Oyeyemi from Nigeria; I have been involved in creating several LGBTQ+ contents in my home language Wikipedia Yoruba and also participated in various Wiki loves pride projects, wiki loves love and will be providing communication support for the 2020 Queering Wikipedia conference. In March, 2019; I attended Write for Right in Tunis and that has further helped my relationship with LGBTQ+ community more. My nomination as a representative of the Usergroup at Wikimedia summit will further reiterate the support for minority representation and my involvement in the movement strategy conversation in Nigeria which include organizing various diversity talks will be an added advantage as I will be able to represent the Usergroup well by detailing conversation around the movement strategy as it involves the LGBTQ+ community. I am also committed to give a detailed report about my representation if confirmed as a representative of the Usergroup. Thanks Kaizenify (talk)

The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.

Nominations closed! They closed 3 days ago actually, as described above. Blue Rasberry (talk) 19:44, 10 December 2019 (UTC)

@TJMSmith and Kaizenify: Okay, you two are the candidates for going to the Wikimedia Summit. I am going to e-mail this message to you both to ask you to discuss among yourselves who should go, as we only have space for 1 of you. Please try to have a brief chat by email or however you like, and if you reach quick agreement then post here. In the chat seek to determine among yourselves if you can determine that either one or the other of you would better for this event. If you both want continued consideration then I will organize some other organization members to make a decision between you. Again, criteria for a good candidate to this conference is above. For the person who is not a candidate to the Summit, you can come to this organization for support to attend a future Wikimedia event, as it is in everyone's benefit to have more people who have represented Wiki LGBT+ in these sorts of events. Thanks. Blue Rasberry (talk) 19:44, 10 December 2019 (UTC)

Registration for one of you is due by this coming Monday, so we need to have this determined by then. Please try to have this discussed and settled between yourselves TJMSmith and Kaizenify by the end of Friday, 13 December, as that will give the members of the user group two days to otherwise vote if we need to do that. It is critical we have a representative at the Summit, so please reply here and let us know how your discussion process is going. Thanks for moving this forward, Bluerasberry. --- FULBERT (talk) 11:50, 11 December 2019 (UTC)
Thank you Bluerasberry and FULBERT; I was actually expecting Bluerasberry to start an email thread between me and TJMSmith as stated above. Don’t have the know how of sending mail to another user via here; if the mail can be sorted then we will definitely come to a resolution before Friday. Thanks once again. Kaizenify (talk) 20:00, 11 December 2019 (UTC)
@Kaizenify: I just resent the email. Tell me immediately if you do not receive it. I expect that I have your email address, but I could have made an error. Thanks. Blue Rasberry (talk) 20:04, 11 December 2019 (UTC)
I just got it now. Thanks Kaizenify (talk)
Hi all, I just responded :) TJMSmith (talk) 21:23, 11 December 2019 (UTC)
Hello everyone, I and TJMSmith chatted via mail and was agreed that I should represent the Usergroup. I am excited about this and look forward to contribute expressively to the discussion around LGBT+ community at the summit and as it affect the wikimedia movement strategy discussion and sure will update the rest of the group about the outcomes. Please reach out to me for any discussions or points you will like me to look into as regard the conference. Thank you all once again. Kaizenify (talk)

Thank you Kaizenify for being our user group representative at the upcoming Wikimedia Summit 2020. We appreciate your willingness to be our eyes, ears, and witness at this event. It is especially timely given the status of the Movement Strategy, and we look forward to your reporting back to us. Please register on the Summit page as our representative and then work with the WMF staff for the travel specs. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions or assistance you need in this. Perhaps it would be helpful if you can attend the user group meeting next week once it gets scheduled (the poll closes tonight). Thank you TJMSmith for considering this, and we look forward to your continued engagement with our user group efforts. Thanks also for the help with this election process Blue Rasberry (talk), this helped us in a very short period of time. --- FULBERT (talk) 22:09, 12 December 2019 (UTC)

Yes, much thanks to Kaizenify, TJMSmith, Bluerasberry, and FULBERT for your work here. -Another Believer (talk) 00:05, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
Thank you FULBERT, Bluerasberry and Another Believer; I just completed the registration now so waiting for a member of the WMDE event team to add me on the Summit page as the group representative. Will definitely need your help and so many experienced others in the coming weeks. Yes, I will definitely attend the next User group meeting. Thanks to you and every other persons. Kaizenify (talk) 16:26, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
Thanks everyone. It seems that registration is settled on our end and now Wikimedia Deutschland should confirm. Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:52, 13 December 2019 (UTC)

Change in Summit representation

It is unfortunate news to share that Kaizenify will be unable to attend the Summit to represent our User Group due to travel restrictions. Kaizenify and I had numerous communications with the Summit travel team for assistance, and while they did all they could to help, it was still not possible to make it work for Kaizenify to attend. We are sorry to lose Kaizenify's presence at the conference, though we did everything within our combined abilities to make it happen. As a result, we discussed this situation at the last LGBT+ User Group meeting and then reached out to TJMSmith, who was the other candidate who expressed interest in attending on our behalf. TJMSmith agreed to still be able to attend as our representative, and we have started working with the Summit travel team to begin the reservation process. Thank you to Kaizenify for your initial efforts and then to TJMSmith for being able to pick up this process for the next steps. --- FULBERT (talk) 15:04, 21 February 2020 (UTC)

Thanks for following up. It is unfortunate but wholly understandable that travel restrictions and visa arrangements are so hard to predict or plan for. -- (talk) 15:14, 21 February 2020 (UTC)
Thanks for the heads up. -Another Believer (talk) 23:04, 22 February 2020 (UTC)

Summit cancellation?

I can't supply documentation yet, but an email from WMF suggests the 2020 Summit in Berlin has been cancelled due to coronavirus. -Another Believer (talk) 20:38, 28 February 2020 (UTC)

See here. -Another Believer (talk) 19:53, 1 March 2020 (UTC)

Not worth clapping back...

Can others deal with Wikipedia_talk:Wiki_Loves_Pride#Bias? I'm over it. -Another Believer (talk) 21:26, 8 July 2020 (UTC)

you should not engage the trolls. it is a waste of emotional energy. let your allies do it from the beginning. Slowking4 (talk) 22:01, 8 July 2020 (UTC)
Update: The editor has been blocked and the most recent comment (which prompted by note above) has been removed. -Another Believer (talk) 22:02, 8 July 2020 (UTC)

QW2020 conference cancellation

This is an informal update for our WM-LGBT+ community, based on announcements from WMAT and the WMF over the last 24 hours.

In response to the Covid19 pandemic, the WMF has been withdrawing funding from physical events, and all public events including the QW2020 conference, are being cancelled or are being postponed. QW2020 preparations done so far will be archived with the aim to reuse them as much as possible.

The good news is that WMF funding is available and current grants can be repurposed to support online events with the same goals. Refer to Community_Resources/COVID-19_Notice for the announcement from Katherine Maher, WMF Executive Director.

Over the coming weeks, the community will be discussing options for how best to use on-line events this year, retaining some of the great momentum and teamwork established for QW2020, and the potential of replanning the Queering Wikipedia conference for a later date. The best place for those discussions and for updates has been established as Telegram (https://t.me/wmlgbt) with these meta pages and the WM-LGBT+ email group good second options.

Congratulations to the QW teams that have done excellent work bringing the conference plans together, and special thanks to the WMAT team and volunteer coordinators that have invested so much excitement and passion for the conference and for their work now needed to handle cancellations for travel and scholarships, while saving plans and proposals so that they can be reused for virtual events this year, or as looks likely a new "Queering" conference event next year. -- (talk) 12:40, 13 March 2020 (UTC)

Thanks for the update, and much thanks as well to all who have been involved in this event to date. Stay safe, -Another Believer (talk) 16:48, 13 March 2020 (UTC)

March 2020 LGBT+ User Group Meeting - Thursday, March 19, at 1:00pm EDT

Please select a date for the March, 2020, LGBT+ User Group Meeting (online via Zoom): https://doodle.com/poll/622p8puf34qpc6ix
This poll will close on Wednesday, March 18, at the end of the day. --- FULBERT (talk) 00:18, 16 March 2020 (UTC)

The March 2020 LGBT+ user Group meeting will be on Thursday, March 19, at 1:00pm EDT, via Zoom https://zoom.us/j/174315244. The page with the agenda, timezone converter, and more information may be found here. During this difficult time of COVID-19, it is especially valuable to share in community with our friends and colleagues from a distance. All are welcome. --- FULBERT (talk) 17:27, 18 March 2020 (UTC)

User Group Annual General Meeting!

At the user group meeting yesterday, though the QW conference is postponed, we can think about having a virtual User Group annual general meeting (AGM) without needing a slot in a conference. This means we could make decisions about how our User Group representatives are elected and/or make formal decisions about how we can recognize members while supporting their anonymity. LOTS is going on, but we if we can still run discussions about these topics, we would be in a strong position to tell the WMF how as a User Group we manage to have "resolutions" which "members" can vote on and how we have chosen to set ourselves up to be represented. Any thoughts on how to proceed are welcome (discussion here or in the Telegram group)? -- (talk) 14:53, 20 March 2020 (UTC)

I agree that our planning a longer meeting or event , meaning longer than the monthly meetings we have been having, is a good idea. Will ping you so we can discuss options for planning this. --- FULBERT (talk) 14:04, 21 March 2020 (UTC)
I express general support for a virtual annual user group meeting. Blue Rasberry (talk) 13:11, 23 March 2020 (UTC)

April 2020 LGBT+ User Group Meeting - Thursday, April 23, at 1:00pm EDT

The April 2020 LGBT+ user Group meeting will be on Thursday, April 23, at 1:00pm EDT, via Zoom https://zoom.us/j/98638543403. The link to the page with the agenda, timezone converter, and more information is here. During this difficult time of COVID-19, it is especially valuable to share in community with our friends and colleagues from a distance. Sorry for the lateness in posting this. All are welcome. --- FULBERT (talk) 21:58, 22 April 2020 (UTC)

Invitation to participate in Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos

Dear Wikimedia Affiliate Community,

We are inviting you to participate in Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos (WPWP), a new global contest scheduled to run from July through August 2020:

Participants will choose among Wikipedia pages without photo images, then add a suitable file from among the many thousands of photos in the Wikimedia Commons, especially those uploaded from thematic contests (Wiki Loves Africa, Wiki Loves Earth, Wiki Loves Folklore, etc.) over the years.

WPWP offers a focused task for guiding new editors through the steps of adding content to existing pages. It can be used to organize editing workshops and edit-a-thons.

The organizing team is looking for a contact person at the Chapter, Thematic group & Wikimedia User Group level (geographically or thematically), or for a language WP, to coordinate the project locally. We’d be glad for you to sign up directly at WPWP Participating Communities

Thank you,

Deborah Schwartz Jacobs

On behalf of Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos Organizing Team - 21:19, 9 May 2020 (UTC)

May 2020 LGBT+ User Group Meetings - Thursdays May 14 at 1:00pm EDT & May 28 at 1:00pm EDT

During the April 2020 LGBT+ User Group meeting, we discussed expanding this to twice a month. We agreed to try this on the second and fourth Thursdays at 1:00pm EDT, as this day and time seems to generally work for our members. We are doing this in part because we have not been getting through our entire agendas, in part because with COVID still present we want more time to discuss issues of importance and community-building overall, and in part because we want to try this as our members have been exploring additional User Group ideas and opportunities. More specs about the meeting on Thursday, May 14 will be here, while the one for May 28 is here. Both will use Zoom, with the links on those individual pages. All are welcome. --- FULBERT (talk) 20:20, 10 May 2020 (UTC)

A better calendar

At yesterday's Zoom chat, the topic of improving our calendaring came up again. After a bit of research I have found that there is an installed global calendar tool, which shares a global calendar with tags. So if we stick to tagging any events of interest with LGBT, we can get our own nicely navigable list of events in a swappable list or monthly calendar format (these are the clickable icons on the left hand side). To be able to edit the calendar contents you must make a slight addition to your wiki javascript, refer to Events_calendar/about#First_of_all,_unlock_extended_features. In general this is much easier than the current complex templates we use to add to a table of events.

Below is the example with the LGBT tag filter applied, and we can move this to the Wikimedia LGBT+/Calendar page if there is a consensus to start using it.

By the way, the buttons seem in French by default. We should be able to request improvements to usability if we start actively using it.

There are some bugs, for example the field adding a wikipage link to the event title, appears to need a space at the end to work. If we log them it would be easier to stick to known work-arounds, and they can be tracked in a development task. -- (talk) 11:38, 29 May 2020 (UTC)

Thanks for looking into this . I looked at the instructions and was not able to figure out how to add new things to this. Can you point those specs out, as I have missed them in some way. Thanks. --- FULBERT (talk) 16:20, 30 May 2020 (UTC)
You have to go to Special:MyPage/common.js (which will direct you to User:FULBERT/common.js)
then edit the page by pasting in the following two lines and saving the result:
importScript( 'User:0x010C/Events-calendar-editor.js' );
importScript( 'User:0x010C/Events-calendar-navigation.js' );
then return to this page, you may need to refresh to see the edit links.
This change enables a small bit of javascript for you on meta which will enable the edit features. Though everyone can view the calendar, only those with this javascript can edit the (global) calendar. -- (talk) 17:29, 30 May 2020 (UTC)
P.s. for an example of how this looks, see mine at User:Fæ/common.js. -- (talk) 18:27, 30 May 2020 (UTC)
Thanks . Let me try this out. --- FULBERT (talk) 12:52, 2 June 2020 (UTC)
OK, , I tried to enter in the 2 June UG meetings but was stuck trying to figure out how the time and specs work on it. I could not locate instructions on how to enter it. Do you know? --- FULBERT (talk) 15:20, 2 June 2020 (UTC)
Yes it's a bit pants. You just enter the date using the popup calendar (appears when you click on the field), but the time you have to manually type in. There's no obvious way of changing the timezone, hence adding the three letter code to the title.
Warning: it seems best to try to enter the fields in a dummy fashion, before sorting out time and links, as writing to the central file seems to not work be laggy. In fact it seems to fail the first time for me every time... not sure whether that's an actual write failure or a lag across templates. Once a brief entry is working, editing it seems to work fine.
I have added entries for the next 3 dates, which you can re-edit as necessary.
If we use it for a couple of months, we can think about raising a request for some fixes, or at least documenting what the bugs really are. There seem to be a few tech minded people about that would probably take a longer look and could probably sort out the multilingual aspects much better than my temporary solution of an English fork. -- (talk) 15:58, 2 June 2020 (UTC)
Thanks . --- FULBERT (talk) 16:34, 2 June 2020 (UTC)


I have created a quick fork of the javascript so that the edit windows are in English. None of the functionality has changed. Instead of the additions above you can cut & paste this into Special:MyPage/common.js:

importScript( 'User:Fæ/Events-calendar-editor.js' );
importScript( 'User:Fæ/Events-calendar-navigation.js' );

Please stick to new events having the tag "LGBT" as this is the filter the calendar is based on! -- (talk) 17:58, 30 May 2020 (UTC)

March 2021

June LGBT+ User Group Meetings - Thursdays June 11 at 1:00pm EDT & June 25 at 1:00pm EDT

We will continue with the second and fourth Thursdays of the month for our online User Group meetings at 1:00pm EDT, as this day and time seems to generally work for our members. More specs about the meeting on Thursday, June 11 is here and for Thursday, June 25 is here. Both will use Zoom, with the links and agendas on those individual pages. All are welcome. --- FULBERT (talk) 15:00, 2 June 2020 (UTC)

Wiki Loves Pride 2020

Hello! I've created a page for Wiki Loves Pride 2020: Wikipedia:Wiki Loves Pride/2020. The top of the page has some language recycled from previous campaigns, but I've removed language about in-person meetups because the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic prevents people from organizing IRL events at this time. I welcome page improvements as we approach the June start date, thanks! -Another Believer (talk) 14:22, 12 May 2020 (UTC)

Were the prize winners for the Wiki Loves Pride 2019 contests ever announced? Funcrunch (talk) 14:57, 12 May 2020 (UTC)
See commons:Commons:Wiki Loves Pride 2019/Winners. -Another Believer (talk) 04:55, 7 June 2020 (UTC)

Thanks for getting this set up and ready for 2020 Another Believer. If you are able to attend one of our User Group meetings this month, it would be great to discuss this and see what areas of help or need remain with it. --- FULBERT (talk) 17:20, 12 May 2020 (UTC)

Call for candidates - June 2020

Hi everyone,

The Affiliations Committee (AffCom) – the committee responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing and sustaining Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, and user groups – is seeking new members!

The main role of the AffCom is to guide groups of volunteers that are interested in forming Wikimedia affiliates. We review applications from new groups, answer questions and provide advice about the different Wikimedia affiliation models and processes, review affiliate bylaws for compliance with requirements and best practices, and update the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees as well as advise them on issues connected to chapters, thematic organizations and Wikimedia user groups.

The committee consists of five to fifteen members, selected at least once every year, to serve two-year terms. As the committee must hold mid-year elections to replenish its members at this time, those joining the committee during the current process will serve a slightly extended term from July 2020 through December 2022.

AffCom continues to closely monitor the Wikimedia 2030 Strategy process initiated in 2016. While the affiliation models continue to be discussed as part of the broader strategy discussion, as no decisions have been made to change the current affiliation models yet, AffCom continues to work in the same manner with regard to affiliate recognitions and intervention support for affiliates with issues of non-compliance in 2020. AffCom continues to process applications for user group and chapter/thematic organization creation, while we await the strategy next steps and begin to prepare for a smooth transition of the committee and affiliates ecosystem to any changing movement structures and systems in 2021.

Being a part of the AffCom requires communication with volunteers all over the world, negotiating skills, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to understand legal texts. We look for a mix of different skill sets in our members.

Click here for further details.

James Heilman on behalf of AffCom

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 06:18, 13 June 2020 (UTC)

  1. Is anyone from Wikimedia LGBT+ going to put their hat in the ring for this? I am considering it. RachelWex (talk) 21:05, 16 June 2020 (UTC)

Affiliations Committee elections announcement June 2020

Hi everyone,

This is a friendly reminder that the Affiliations Committee (AffCom) – the committee responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing and sustaining Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, and user groups – is seeking new members! The deadline to post your application on the nomination page is 30 June 2020.

  • Application process: Considering the anticipated changes following the Strategy recommendations, we had a limited scope to introduce changes in the process. We have made a small but impactful addition to the application process by introducing the Self Assessment survey form which will help the committee know more about your engagement as endorsements are not consistently shared, may not be representative, and often do not speak to the specific skills needed.
  • Selection process: No change; see: Membership.

If you have any questions, please contact me and/or the committee as a whole. We are happy to answer questions about our work if this helps people decide to apply. Please distribute this announcement among your networks. Good luck to all the candidates!

On behalf of the committee,

--Rosiestep (talk) 00:49, 19 June 2020 (UTC) via MassMessaging

WMF 2030 Movement Brand Project

On Tuesday June 16th, members of the global Wikimedia community came together to watch a presentation about the WMF 2030 Movement Brand Project and 3 naming proposals, which you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3zlBGHHHiY or view the slides here.

For complete information, visit the meta page.

In a nutshell, WMF reached out to multiple stakeholders from 41 countries to get feedback on branding of WMF and Wikimedia projects. The stakeholders included

  • Readers (those who access Wikipedia or other Wikimedia projects online but do not contribute)
  • Donors
  • Affiliate group representatives
  • Individual Wikimedians

85% of these stakeholders stated that they were not really sure what the term "Wikimedia" communicated to the wider world. The majority of stakeholders indicated, however, that most people have an understanding of "Wikipedia", and that Wikipedia is often the gateway for folx to learn about or participate in the other Wikimedia projects.

WMF wants to do a better job reaching out to Asian and African countries, as well as donors. That is the reason that they provided for the discussion and quest for feedback on changing the naming conventions for Wikimedia Foundation to something else.

This is the structure of the survey, with questions.

This is the survey link for individual contributors: https://wikimedia.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9G2dN7P0T7gPqpD

From June 16-30, WMF will be collecting feedback from individual Wikimedia contributors and affiliate groups. I encourage everyone to complete the survey as individual contributors, and give your honest opinion / feedback. I think Wikimedia LGBT+ has to determine how we want to submit a survey / feedback response as an affiliate group. If we can all complete the survey by June 25, prior to our Wikimedia LGBT+ meeting, that would be great--then we can talk about how we want to proceed with a Wikimedia LGBT+ response.

Sincerely, RachelWex (talk) 21:20, 16 June 2020 (UTC)

It is not possible to access the Qualtrics survey using a TOR browser, i.e. the system forces the contributor to use a non-anonymous IP address. It is not possible to even read https://www.qualtrics.com/privacy-statement/ using a TOR browser.
Qualtrics states it will track everyone visiting its website, including "personal data", for which they are the data controller (not Wikimedia). Confusingly if someone wanted to request data being held about them by Qualtrics, the privacy statement makes it the customers' problem (Wikimedia) to respond to questions, not Qualtrics.
There are no time limits on Qualtrics holding data about use of their sites.
They may leave various cookies on your machine.
Undefined "third parties" will have access to those cookies, for which Qualtrics "have no control", including "targeting cookies".
Data may be transferred to undefined "Affiliated Companies", for purposes such as spamming you with "latest products, service offers..."
Data may be transferred outside the EEA under different standands.
User information will be held indefinitely for "internal purposes" including "marketing-related".
Conclusion: Doesn't look like a survey I feel safe opening, let alone entering personal opinions in to, especially as this cannot be done within any independent anonymity like using a TOR browser. As the Wikimedia Foundation do not control these terms, I am not convinced that the WMF can assure users that Qualtrics will not retain what they type into this confidential survey forever, or that third parties outside the EEA might accidentally leak their responses at some later date. -- (talk) 07:12, 17 June 2020 (UTC)
  1. (talk) I am so sorry to hear that this survey will not work on a TOR browser. I am basically just the messenger here, but this is definitely something to bring up to the WMF folx in our affiliate group response (which might not happen through the "official" survey channel if the Wikimedia LGBT+ members are not in support! RachelWex (talk) 20:06, 17 June 2020 (UTC)
  • @: You may be interested in raising these concerns at the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting by either joining that meeting or linking to this discussion from that page. That meeting is a few Wikimedia community organizers' own discussion of the brand, independent of the WMF. Rachel has signaled interest in joining on that page. I think it is of general interest. Blue Rasberry (talk) 22:18, 20 June 2020 (UTC)

Branding Project and the LGBT+ User Group - Vote

As many of you know, the 2030 Movement Brand Project is moving forward and each affiliate is invited to provide an affiliate vote of the options. For this to happen, we will need to discuss this as an affiliate and come to some form of internal vote. As we have our next user group meeting this week on Thursday, June 25, I will add this to the agenda. We can discuss and determine how we place our user group vote.

To support our discussion, please see: the naming pages on Meta-Wiki and the naming presentation and the naming presentation slidedeck.

If you are not able to attend the upcoming User Group meeting and want to provide feedback or a vote, please do so below. Thank you. --- FULBERT (talk) 18:00, 22 June 2020 (UTC)

WMF Name Branding Survey Response

Hello Everyone,

At our June 25th Wikimedia LGBT+ meeting, we discussed the WMF Name Branding Survey, and how to provide a response from the affiliate group. What we decided was to send an email to WMF about our concerns surrounding the naming proposals, as well as a survey response from Wikimedia LGBT+ that reflects our concerns.

WMF extended the survey / feedback response deadline to Monday July 6th, so we have some time.

If you have not provided an individual response to the survey to see the naming proposals, please complete it here by Mon July 6th.

Here is a DRAFT email to WMF...please let FULBERT (talk) and RachelWex (talk) 18:01, 25 June 2020 (UTC) know if this is OK to send to WMF by Friday July 3rd:

Dear WMF:

Wikimedia LGBT+ does not support any of the three brand naming proposals. We recommend that the brand remains Wikimedia Foundation / Wikimedia Movement for the community, and that naming convention solely for donors not engaged with Wikimedia projects be designed.

Sincerely, Wikimedia LGBT+

RachelWex (talk) 18:02, 25 June 2020 (UTC)

I am fine with this RachelWex. What do others think? --- FULBERT (talk) 19:33, 27 June 2020 (UTC)
+1. Now signed the Community open letter on renaming, as I'm sure that the quantity of support sigs makes a difference. -- (talk) 20:39, 27 June 2020 (UTC)
  • This is the response that I prefer. I completed the survey as an individual saying this and I also signed that open letter. Blue Rasberry (talk) 20:57, 28 June 2020 (UTC)

Calendar of events?

There was a new calendar in experimentation. I have not learned to access it yet - is it active?

I regret that I missed some June meetings.

When is the next online Wiki LGBT+ meeting? Blue Rasberry (talk) 11:21, 29 June 2020 (UTC)

  1. goto Wikimedia_LGBT+/Calendar
  2. read "more information" just below it
  • next meeting 9 July.
-- (talk) 13:22, 29 June 2020 (UTC)
Sorry, was late in getting the pages created for the 2 July meetings Blue Rasberry (talk) and ; they are now online here. It will be great if somebody can help update them in the calendar here as well. Thanks.

Draft Wikipedia article for Wiki Loves Pride

Hello! I've started a draft Wikipedia article about the Wiki Loves Pride campaign. I'm fine leaving this entry in the draft space until we're sure notability criteria are met. Are any project members aware of any additional sources to help flesh out the draft? Please feel free to share here or on the draft article's talk page. Thanks, and Happy Pride! -Another Believer (talk) 19:10, 30 June 2020 (UTC)

Universal Code of Conduct - Working Group Representative for the LGBT+ User Group

As discussed in the last user group meeting, I reached out to the Trust and Safety lead about having a representative of our user group on the working group to develop the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC), and as a result we have been invited to have a delegate to work on this effort who can also keep our user group informed about its progress. So, please reply here if you are interested in volunteering to work on the UCoC team with Trust and Safety. Requirements for this volunteer role include:

  • experience in policy drafting
  • experience in cooperating online
  • empathy
  • experience in collaborating in an international team
  • participatory decision making

It is also intended that this person will have the confidence of communities, and our user group, along with a clean blocklog on their major wikis. Please reply here if interested in this role, and we will see who we can get on our behalf. --- FULBERT (talk) 16:27, 15 June 2020 (UTC)

I am interested in serving on this working group. RachelWex (talk) 02:23, 16 June 2020 (UTC)
I am also interested Nattes à chat (talk) 11:47, 16 June 2020 (UTC)

I reached out to @Mdennis (WMF): about the timeframe for this and will clarify here once I get more information then we can discuss how to select our representative. --- FULBERT (talk) 13:41, 16 June 2020 (UTC)

I support either Rachel or Nattes for this. Thanks for volunteering. Blue Rasberry (talk) 19:52, 16 June 2020 (UTC)

Pinging RachelWex and Nattes à chat about this. This is a partially redacted reply with more information about how this role will be invited to engage. The committee will be created by July 15th with approximately six weeks of focused and intense work to get to the final version for the Board on August 30th with time between for meetings, discussions, and input from various communities. Thus, 6 vigorous weeks of effort for this. With this information, is there a way you two could communicate directly and see if this would work better for one of you than the other, as otherwise we will have a vote here. Please ping me if you need more information. Thank you. --- FULBERT (talk) 17:50, 22 June 2020 (UTC) ː Rachel being very interested to apply for the LGBT group I have applied myself separately. Nattes à chat (talk) 14:28, 30 June 2020 (UTC)

Thanks for letting us know Nattes à chat. As long as RachelWex is fine with this, then RachelWex will be our representative. I believe the timeline has been pushed back by a couple weeks, but is still scheduled to begin in July. Thanks for volunteering! --- FULBERT (talk) 13:36, 1 July 2020 (UTC)
For anybody else interested in the UCoC process, more information can be found about it here. --- FULBERT (talk) 13:36, 1 July 2020 (UTC)
Return to "Wikimedia LGBT+/Archive 10" page.