The following request for comments is closed. The request was successfully resolved.
Statement of the issueEdit
The Wikimedia Resource Center was designed to be a single point of entry for all Wikimedia-related resources. Upon launching the first version of the tool, in January 2017 , a number of community members highlighted the importance of linking to the Wikimedia Resource Center from the central navigation of different Wikimedia projects.
The Wikimedia Resource Center has, since, improved in many ways: resources are filtered by audience groups, and also categorized, a search bar was added to the platform, changes which makes it easier to find a resource; we also made contributions easier, and improved connecting features, changes which make the tool more accessible for all.
This request of adding a link to the lateral navigation bar is connected to the main goal of this platform: to improve findability of resources. By adding a link to the side navigation bar on Meta-Wiki, we increase the visibility of the tool, and hence, the chances of someone finding the resources linked there.
Thank you for sharing your views! María (WMF) (talk) 00:44, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
The following request for comments
is closed. This appears to be uncontroversial. I am conducting a non-admin close. I note the suggestion of Mahir256 to place the link under "community" and above "Wikimedia Forum", to which no one objected and seems to me to be a reasonable option. I will place a notice about the closure of this discussion on Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat to ask a Meta administrator to place the WRC link on the sidebar. I am pinging MCruz (WMF) to notify her of the outcome of this discussion. --Pine✉ 06:11, 5 March 2018 (UTC)
- Support. Can't imagine a better place for the link. --Rosiestep (talk) 01:59, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support Definitely belongs under 'community' and above 'Wikimedia Forum' if it is that important. Mahir256 (talk) 06:55, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support Seems like a good idea. · · · Peter (Southwood) (talk): 09:33, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support, even though I'm inclined to believe (without any hard evidence) that almost everyone ignores the sidebar links, although maybe not so much on Meta-Wiki as Wikipedia. Jc86035 (talk) 15:05, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support I cannot think of a better way to instantly improve the communication and connection for everyone in our community. Jackiekoerner (talk) 19:22, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support পরিভ্রমণ পার্শ্বদন্ডে উক্ত লিঙ্কটি যুক্ত করলে আরও সুবিধে হবে! Ajij (talk) 19:26, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support I still find it pretty hard to navigate here on Meta-Wiki and would actually love a link to the Resource Center in the sidebar! Sofie Sigrinn (talk) 19:32, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support I believe its a great idea worth supporting. --Owula kpakpo (talk) 20:22, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support, this will increase the likelihood of it being found by the newbies. --Frhdkazan (talk) 20:29, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support sure, easy add to MediaWiki:Sidebar. — xaosflux Talk 17:44, 23 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support Make sense to make the resource easier to find and ensure that more people can take advantages of the helpful info. --Barrioflores (talk) 22:10, 23 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support per above. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 00:28, 25 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support no-brainer. Braveheart (talk) 15:24, 27 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support. That resources should be easier to find and fits the sidebar community links. –Ammarpad (talk) 09:57, 2 March 2018 (UTC)