- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
Greetings Meta. I have been developing a bot to assist Global Sysops in monitoring GS wiki trouble areas. Currently, when directed by a global sysop via IRC, the bot will query the requested wiki and post on meta a list of pages Quick Deletion has been requested. I'd like to have this list populated on a subpage of the Global Sysop meta pages. I have tested the bot's activity on my personal Mediawiki install before switching the edit project to test wiki. At this point, since there is only one page the bot will edit and is hard coded to only edit that page, I believe it is ready to begin working. The bot would only be editing on meta, no other projects. An example of the bot's current output is available here. Full disclosure, I logged in as the bot to create the userpage as the edits were prevented while I was logged in on my account. The bot is still under-going active development and I plan to introduce:
- Support for on-wiki requests made by GSes who do not use IRC.
- Monitoring other items on GS wikis besides Speedy Deletion requests as requested by GSes.
- Regularly cleaning the Bot's GS page when listed articles are not longer in the Speedy Deletion category on GS wikis
Currently, the GS who requests the information via the bot should remove the section with their account name when they're done. To any GSes who see this request, I strongly encourage you to contact me via IRC or leave a message on my talk page with comments, suggestions, and requests you have to further support your efforts.
This may not be the appropriate place for bot activity request on meta, but I couldn't locate a better location. I'm open to suggestions if any are provided... for this request and for the bot's functionality. Thanks! Operator873talkconnect 03:56, 13 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support I've been talking with Operator873 about this bot on IRC. This bot will be always maintained by Operator873 with input by some GSs to make an update.--AldnonymousBicara? 04:22, 13 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support seems useful. Jianhui67 talk★contribs 05:18, 13 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support Bot seems useful and I had used other bots from this user, and all are smooth. Operator of the bot is reliable and responsive to queries. Thanks Operator873 for this bot. As of the location of speedy deletion, the place I think will be useful to list then is SRM. --Cohaf (talk) 11:22, 13 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support I've tested this and it's extremely useful, especially so as the scripts formerly used to check small wiki deletion cats no longer work. Vermont (talk) 11:40, 13 April 2019 (UTC)
- Comment: I neglected to mention the bot's doc is forthcoming. I'll complete it and add it to this request as soon as I'm off work. Operator873talkconnect 13:17, 13 April 2019 (UTC)
- Documentation added to the bot's page as well as an on-going changelog as development continues and new features are added. Operator873talkconnect 02:13, 15 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support Seems useful. Esteban16 (talk) 16:54, 13 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support --AGK ■ 01:04, 14 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support Nihlus 01:51, 14 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Novak Watchmen (talk) 12:58, 14 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support —Thanks for the fish! talk•contribs 02:25, 15 April 2019 (UTC)
- Yes! Definitely. Useful. Kind regards, — Tulsi Bhagat (contribs | talk) 18:10, 17 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support, I think the bot is going to be very useful.--BRP ever 18:20, 17 April 2019 (UTC)
- Support Very useful--Biplab Anand (Talk) 05:23, 21 April 2019 (UTC)
- Approved. Matiia (talk) 00:05, 22 April 2019 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.