Hardware donation program/Jayprakash12345 2
Your contact informationEdit
- your username
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your planEdit
I am Jay Prakash, a computer science student from India. I joined the Wikimedia Community in 2015 from English Wikipedia. I edited Hindi Wikipedia from 2016-17. Since 2017, I contribute to technical areas on Wikimedia. Currently, I have a
- Volunteer lead developer role in Indic-TechCom
- Auxiliary member, Wikimedia technical Code of Conduct
- Global Interface admin
- Wikimedia Intern, GSoC 2019
I have expertise in following areas of Wikimedia.
- MediaWiki HTMLForm
- MediaWiki SpecialPages
- MediaWiki Extension
- Writing Bots
- MediaWiki APIs
- Technical Documentation
This is my second request in this program. You can see my first request at Hardware donation program/Jayprakash12345.
What happened with the last Laptop?Edit
I got the laptop from this program in 2018 (2 Years ago). It worked well till Wikimania. In my Wikimania journey during security checkup, I put my laptop into the basket. Unfortunately, the basket has been slipped from the queue. then I repaired the laptop with my own expenses. although I have asked CIS to support me. but later I got some stipend from my Internship. So I dropped the idea to get support from CIS. The problem is in the internal circuit board. 2 Mac charger has been damaged by an internal circuit. Now it is not in a workable state.
How did you use the last laptopEdit
- Talk:Hardware donation program/Jayprakash12345 (May 2018 to March 2019)
- phab:T219193 (May 2019 to Sep 2019)
- Indic-TechCom/Report/Oct-Dec 2019 (Oct 2019 to Dec 2019)
- Indic-TechCom/Report/Jan-Mar 2020 (Jan 2019 to Mar 2020)
- Indic-TechCom/Report/Apr-Jun 2020 (Apr 2019 to Jun 2020)
- https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/q/owner:0freerunning%2540gmail.com+status:merged (See latest merge stats)
How you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to youEdit
Currently supporting different Indic wiki communities in terms of technical is my target. I have created many tools and scripts under Indic-TechCom. So for the maintenance and adding a new feature is my priority. we have to have assumed good faith. In the last hardware donation request, I did not plan so much technical work. But I did a lot. Like that, I am also assuming that it will very production like last one.
Also, I conducted the Small Wiki Toolkits event with mw:Wikimedia Technical Engagement's Developer Advocacy team.
Any Hardware specification?Edit
Apart from that, I am mostly active in Hindi Wikiversity. I have 18,000+ global Edits. I am Sysop on hi.wikiversity. But You can drop this. Because I need the laptop for Technical Contribution.
- Gerrit Wikimedia
- Wikitech Wikimedia
- Indic Wikis using my Tools and Userscripts
Work you're proud ofEdit
- 469 patches out 516 have been merged at Gerrit. (Note: around 19 in under review)
- Creating Indic-OCR, which getting 5000+ per month request from Wikisource.
- 31 Commit in mediawiki-api-demos/.
- 60+ commit on Indic-TechCom Github repo.
- MediaWiki trainer and Technical resource person in 7 Technical Event.
- Created tabbed window Gadget, which is using on MediaWiki and Wikitech community.
- Created and maintaining 10+ UserScripts and 5 Toolforge tools under Indic-TechCom. (PS: Maintenance takes much time.)
- Strong support Jay needs this. He plays an important role for various Indic communities. For Punjabi his work was amazing and going to be if this support is provided to him.--*•.¸♡ ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕡𝕒𝕝 ♡¸.•*𝕋𝕒𝕝𝕜 14:11, 13 February 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support Jayprakash is one of the best Technical Volunteer I've ever met. His contribution to WMF projects is irremarkable. #hedeservesit. --Tiven2240 (talk) 14:18, 13 February 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support Jay Prakash is one of the most sincere people I know who has given so much to the movement. His technical contributions have entirely changed the Wikisource projects in India. Because of the tools he creates and the patch and debugging he does for different tools, scripts we are able to run our projects smoothly.Suffice to say he is the professional contributor who loves our movement and I feel proud to work with him as a team member and fellow volunteer. This support is much needed for his work so he is able to contribute with support of the necessary tools needed to get these tasks done. Endorsement for speedy approval! :-) Wikilover90 (talk) 15:58, 13 February 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support Obvious candidate. Enthusiastic student. Definite support -- Balajijagadesh (talk) 09:05, 18 February 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support Definitely yes! Jay has been extremely instrumental in changing Wikimedia Tech's landscape in India, by both online and outreach contributions to provide technical support and grow the tech community in India. He will also be supporting WCI2020 tech aspects, including the Wiki and designing the hackthon program. This support will of great us to not just Jay, but for the larger community as well. I would also urge this request to be prioritized, if possible, as I have personally seen how lack of good equipment is hindering his contributions. KCVelaga (talk) 06:07, 20 February 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support Jay doing valuable contribution in technical. my fully endorse as speedy approval -J. Ansari Talk 18:22, 23 February 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support Zoranzoki21 (talk) 16:12, 7 March 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support Jay has been instrumental in playing an important role as per Indian Tech scenario is concerned. He is a definitely an asset for the Wikimedia movement.-Rajeeb (talk) 15:02, 12 June 2020 (UTC)
- We really need his technical contributions, surely a deserving user. -- CptViraj (talk) 04:41, 22 June 2020 (UTC)
- —MarcoAurelio (talk) 21:25, 9 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support. Sgd. —Hasley 15:13, 10 July 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support -- Regards, ZI Jony (Talk) 12:47, 20 September 2020 (UTC)