Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Socialize with community members
- Organize a community project
- Recruit new editors through branding
- Increase skills for existing editors
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community? This event is an opportunity for all members of Wikimedia Bangladesh as well as the regular bnwikipedians to meet with each other in person and as part of the event we will discuss the future issues and challenge for Wikimedia movement in Bangladesh.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past? We organised similar program last year and we've seen community members to get engage new projects. The previous event was also huge success in terms of outreach as we had received coverage from our national print and electronic media.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting? We'll use our official social media, various mailing list and Bangla Wikipedia's village pump to get the word out.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over? We be hosting a month long article contest in Bangla Wikipedia on the occasion of International mother language day and planning to arrange offline edit-a-thons right after the event so participants will be engaged through on-wiki and off-wiki activities.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? Please see below as evidence of past success in executing similar projects.
- Nahid Sultan
- Tanweer Morshed
- Ali Haidar Khan
- Munir Hasan
- Tanvir Rahman
- Shabab Mustafa
- Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive)
- Mayeenul Islam
- Nasir Khan
- Moheen Reeyad
- Masum Al Hasan
- R K Hannan (Sufe)
- Rafaell Russell
- Ashiq Shawon
- Nahid Hossain
- Md. Musfiqur Rahman
- Motiur Rahman Oni
- Afifa Afrin
Evidence of past success in executing similar projects
- Wikipedia15 celebration in Bangladesh
- Bengali Wikipedia 10th Anniversary Celebration Bangladesh
- Bangla Wikipedia Unconference 2012
- Bangladesh celebrates as Bangla Wikipedia turns 10 (WMBLOG)
- Wikipedia awareness programs drive Bangla Wikipedia usage (WMBLOG)
- See also commons category for Wikimedia Bangladesh events: Category:Wikimedia Bangladesh events
- Activity report 2016
- Activity report 2015
- Activity report 2014
- Activity report 2013
- Activity report 2012
- Activity report 2011
- Activity report 2010
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
The program will mainly impact Bangla Wikipedia. Apart from Bangla Wikipedia, the program will also impact other Bangla language Wikimedia projects: Bangla Wiktionry, Bangla Wikisource, Bangla Wikibooks and also the Bangla related contents at Wikimedia Commons.
- Number of total participants: 200
- Number of people who will help organize the event: 17
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (BDT)||Total (BDT)||Notes|
(Subtotal :156000 BDT)
(Subtotal in US dollars : $1978.70 (1 US dollar = 78.84 BDT))
|1||T-shirts||200||300||60000||For WMBD registered members (as a token in general assembly), special guests, invited bnwiki regular participants and volunteers|
|2||Wikipedia Badge||200||40||8000||For WMBD registered members (as a token in general assembly), special guests, invited bnwiki regular participants and volunteers|
|3||Backdrop||2||1500||3000||One for the AGM and the other for the Anniversary|
|4||Food||200||300||60000||For all participants|
|5||Tea/coffee||5000||For all participants|
|7||Banner, Festoon, posters and other decorative items||10000|
|8||Venue||20000||We'll manage the venue on our own|
|9||Logistics||2500||will be managed by venue partner|
- I am sure this program will be able to get attention and increase new contributors. Let’s prepare accordingly and launch a great program. Afifa Afrin (talk) 04:41, 7 January 2017 (UTC)
- Hopefully that will be very effective and successful event.Good luck!-Masum-al-hasan (talk) 18:25, 6 January 2017 (UTC)
- That would be most effective for the Bengali community. ~ Moheen (talk) 06:46, 7 January 2017 (UTC)
- This kind of gathering will surely make better impression on BDWikipedian's and draw a vital coverage on mainstream media which will help to enhance new user. Rafaell Russell (talk) 08:00, 7 January 2017 (UTC)
- From experiences of past events I can says this program will be a great opportunity for networking and idea sharing amongst the wikimedians of Bangladesh. -- Tarunno (talk) 08:35, 7 January 2017 (UTC)
- Expecting a great program with all Wikimedia volunteers and organizers from Bangladesh. It will be an unique opportunity for the Wikimedians from different parts of Bangladesh to meet and share their knowledge & experiences. Ali Haidar Khan (Tonmoy) (talk) 11:18, 7 January 2017 (UTC)
- A great event from Wikimedia Bangladesh with wikimedians from the whole country (Bangladesh) - a great opportunity to reach them all along and grab media attention as well. —Mayeenul Islam (TALK) 12:56, 7 January 2017 (UTC)
- A great initiative to strengthen the collaboration and relation between the Bangla Wikipedia community members. Also considering the fact that this event will be a very good one to promote Bangla Wikipedia to people, encourage people to make constructive works at Bangla Wikipedia. With memories from the previous Bangla Wikipedia events, waiting to Rock on -PGhosh (Hello!) 16:53, 7 January 2017 (UTC)
- I have been there on last year. This is very potential to build up networks between the wikipedians from different part of the country. We discuss about the problems on wikimedia projects and offline program. Gathering on tea table after program is another awesome thing I could remember most. Best of luck for the team and I hope I will catch up all of you there soon. --Nahid Hossain (talk) 08:22, 8 January 2017 (UTC)
- This type program help to meet with Wikimedians from different parts of Bangladesh and share their knowledge & experiences. Also this kind of gathering surely help to draw attentation from Media and others Wikipedia Interested people. Hasive • talk • 08:32, 8 January 2017 (UTC)
- This program will create vibe among Wikipedian of Bangladesh. And I hope this program will be more collaborative. Thus Wikimedia Bangladesh and Wikimedia Foundation would be more benefited from this program. I endorse. Sufe (talk) 09:24, 8 January 2017 (UTC)
- I hope this program will help Bangladeshi Wikipedians to share their knowledge & experiences. This event will also play a vital roll to promote Bangla Wikipedia to people and encourage them to make constructive works at Bangla Wikipedia. - Ashiq Shawon (talk) 13:02, 8 January 2017 (UTC)
- I am very glad to know about this program. I hope, it will help to increase the wikipedian's efficiency about their works and also create a personal bonding among the wikipedians.Best of luck, Mmrsafy (talk) 17:05, 9 January 2017 (UTC)
- I'm glad to know about this wonderful initiative. Hope this will make the wikipedians more & more active. Best of luck. Ronju65 (talk) 13:10, 10 January 2017 (UTC)