Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men but from doing something worthwhile. - Wilfred T. Grenfell
Hi! This is Tanweer and I reside in Dhaka, the capital city of Bangladesh - a country in South Asia - nestled by the Bay of Bengal in the south and Himalaya in the north. In professional capacity, I am serving as Assistant Director of the University Grants Commission of Bangladesh.
I discovered Wikipedia in early 2007; however, I started contributing in May 2009. Since then, I've been an active editor in multiple Wikimedia projects, but predominantly in the Bangla Wikipedia. With a view to expanding the Wikimedia movement in my home country, I—along with several other Wikimedians—cofounded the chapter Wikimedia Bangladesh. Over the years, I have led and co-organized numerous programs and events to disseminate the Wikimedia projects in an effort to expand the encyclopedic presence of Bangla language. I am or have been in the following positions in the broader Wikimedia movement:
- Executive Committee Member, Wikimedia Bangladesh (2012 - Present)
- Administrator, Bangla Wikipedia (2015 - 2019)
- Treasurer, Wikimedia Bangladesh (2016 - 2018)
- Member of the Programme Team, Wikimedia Conference 2015
- Member, Affiliations Committee (January, 2016 - February, 2019)