|The following page is a translation of global policy into Hindi language.
Please note that in the event of any differences in meaning or interpretation between the original English version of this document and a translation, the original English version takes precedence.
This page has been developed and approved by the community and its compliance is mandatory for all projects. It must not be modified without prior community approval.
A global ban is a formal revocation of editing or other access privileges (use of "Special:EmailUser" for example) across all Wikimedia projects. It reflects a broad and clear community consensus. A global ban is not a form of punishment, nor is it meant to provide a “cool down” period. A global ban's purpose is to prevent harm to Wikimedia projects when a problem cannot be addressed by the community through less restrictive means, and consequently is usually permanent.
Global bans are exclusively applied where multiple independent communities have previously elected to ban a user for a pattern of abuse. Wikimedia projects are entirely self-governing. Typically, good faith is assumed when a user chooses to become a member of a new community, regardless of their history on other projects. Consequently, global bans are not a possibility where a user is only temporarily blocked, or only banned on a single project. Please remember, global bans are intentionally very infrequent.
Global bans should not be confused with global blocking, a technical mechanism to prevent IP addresses or ranges of them (i.e. unregistered users) from editing any Wikimedia project, except for Meta-Wiki. This policy covers only community-issued global bans. The Wikimedia Foundation also has the right to unilaterally globally ban anyone, and those global bans are covered by the WMF Global Ban Policy.
वैश्विक प्रतिबंधों के लिए मानदंड
वैश्विक प्रतिबंधों पर तभी विचार किया जाता है जब निम्नलिखित सभी मापदंड पूर्णरूप से मिलते है:
- The user demonstrates an ongoing pattern of cross-wiki abuse that is not merely vandalism or spam. No global ban is required for uncontroversial cases of cross-wiki vandalism or spam, since these may be handled with a block or lock (which may be made by a steward, without need for extensive discussion). See Steward requests/Global.
- The user has been carefully informed about appropriate participation in the projects and has had fair opportunity to rectify any problems. These projects must have demonstrated a good faith attempt to explain acceptable practices and behaviors that are consistent with their mission and scope. This criterion is to show users reasonably know what is expected, have had ample opportunity to appropriately address concerns, and chose not to participate appropriately in projects.
- The user is indefinitely blocked or banned on two or more projects. These blocks or bans must be based on the user's local disruptive behavior, and do not include protective blocks such as preemptive blocks on user without local edits, and blocks based on account security issue or problematic username.
ऊपर दिये गए मानदंड में कोई आता है तो उसका यह अर्थ नहीं है कि वैश्विक प्रतिबंध अनिवार्य है। पिछले वैश्विक प्रतिबंध के अनुरोध नीचे दिये गए हैं:
- Harassing or threatening contributors to the projects, on- or off-wiki.
- Serious on-wiki fraud or identity theft that is not simple abuse of multiple accounts.
- Inappropriate use of user rights with access to private information, such as CheckUser or Oversight.
- Persistent cross-wiki copyright violation.
स्थानीय नीति से संबंध
This policy is meant to complement existing policies and procedures for all projects, not act as a replacement. All governance of the dispute resolution process remains the responsibility of each individual community, and this process is not a venue for entertaining proposals to ban or block a user on a single project.
उपयोग की शर्तों से संबंध
वैश्विक प्रतिबंध के लिए सहमति प्राप्त करना
Consensus for a global ban is conducted through the requests for comment process on Meta. A global ban request must only be accepted when a user presents a clear and current danger to all Wikimedia communities, a decision is backed by a broad and clear consensus that fairly represents the vast majority of Wikimedia projects, and careful consideration of concerns and possible consequences are evident in the decision. In order to initiate a discussion on whether harm to all communities is evident and merits a global ban, please do the following:
- Confirm that the user satisfies all criteria for global bans prior to opening a request for comment.
- File a new request for comment on Meta. The title should have the username of the user nominated for a global ban. The nominator must impartially document the significant incidences that satisfy all criteria for global bans. The nominator must also attempt to show that the user's decision not to participate appropriately presents a current danger to all Wikimedia communities.
- Inform the user about the discussion on all wikis where they are active. If the user nominated for a global ban is blocked on Meta, a temporary unblock may be considered to allow participation in the discussion.
- Inform the community on all wikis where the user has edited about the discussion through a prominent public venue. Be sure to stay neutral in your communications and avoid any defamatory, inaccurate, or exaggerated commentary.
A nomination that fails to correctly follow the above steps is invalid, and may be speedily closed. In addition, to make a nomination valid, the nominator must:
- have a Wikimedia account; and
- be registered for more than six months before making the request; and
- have at least 500 edits globally (on all Wikimedia wikis).
Once a valid request for comment has developed a broad and clear consensus, an uninvolved and impartial steward may close the discussion. Discussion should be open for at least two weeks, but no more than one month. Stewards may extend the discussion in exceptional circumstances. Requests can be closed without extensive discussion when frivolous. Requests can be closed after an extensive discussion when no consensus is likely to be reached.
इस बात का ध्यान रखें कि चर्चा उस भाषा या उस परियोजना के भाषाओं में भी रहे, जिसमें वह सदस्य सक्रिय रहता है। विकिमीडिया में सौ से भी अधिक भाषाओं में परियोजना उपलब्ध है और हो वैश्विक चर्चा में कई भाषाओं में भी हो सकता है। यदि कोई मानव अनुवादक न हो तो मशीनी अनुवाद का सहारा भी लिया जा सकता है, जिससे समुदाय के मध्य बात हो सके।
वैश्विक प्रतिबंध लागू करना
If the consensus requires steward action, a request should be made to the stewards. Please provide a link to the relevant discussion in your request; otherwise it will be rejected for lack of consensus.
वैश्विक प्रतिबंध के फैसले को पलटना
Discussion to overturn a global ban decision is conducted through the request for comment process on Meta, in order to include the widest possible audience. A request must follow the same consensus process for requesting a ban, described above.