Jawatankuasa Gabungan/Peraturan Prosedur
- Jawatankuasa ini hendaklah terdiri daripada sekurang-kurangnya lima dan tidak lebih daripada lima belas orang ahli mengundi, dan nombor tidak ditentukan oleh penasihat bukan mengundi. Nombor lalai ahli akan menjadi sepuluh.
- Seorang ahli atau penasihat boleh disingkirkan melalui undian 2/3 daripada Jawatankuasa.
- Seorang ahli atau penasihat boleh meletakkan jawatan pada bila-bila masa dengan memberitahu Jawatankuasa hasrat ini secara bertulis. Lembaga Pemegang Amanah, selepas berunding dengan Jawatankuasa, mempunyai kuasa untuk menyingkirkan atau melantik mana-mana ahli-ahli terus dan penasihat jika dikehendaki.
- Penasihat boleh dilantik melalui undi majoriti oleh Jawatankuasa, pada bila-bila masa.
- Lembaga Pemegang Amanah hendaklah melantik sekurang-kurangnya seorang daripada anggotanya sebagai penasihat kepada Jawatankuasa. Penasihat atau penasihat ini akan dikenali sebagai 'lembaga pertubuhan serantau'.
- Seorang ahli atau penasihat akan dilantik selama tempoh dengan tempoh 2 tahun, satu tempoh yang boleh dilanjutkan sehingga prosedur pemilihan selesai.
- Tiada nombor maksimum dalam istilah ahli atau penasihat dibenarkan untuk berkhidmat.
- Pilihan untuk jawatan keahlian dan nasihat hendaklah dijalankan setiap 12 bulan.
- Panggilan awam untuk calon-calon hendaklah dihantar oleh kerusi 60 hari sebelum tamat istilah ahli, dan aplikasi tidak berlaku untuk tempoh 30 hari selepas itu.
- Applications, including those from sitting members seeking re-appointment, shall be administered by a member or adviser who neither is nor intends to be an applicant for election in the current election.
- Information about candidates shall be posted to the AffCom Wiki, and shall be considered confidential.
- After the application period has closed, input will be sought from sitting members, advisers and board liaisons.
- Any candidate may withdraw his candidacy in writing at any time prior to the beginning of voting.
- The Committee shall decide on the method of selecting from the candidates.
- If there is no clear consensus on the candidates to be selected or the procedure to be followed, members of the Committee (not seeking re-election) shall indicate their preference for each candidate by a "Yes" or "No" vote for each candidate, all those candidates who receive a majority of votes shall be deemed elected (after the formal resolution), providing that a majority of members have cast ballots for or against that person. Where such an election would result in having more than ten members on the Committee, those with the lowest proportion of "Yes" to "No" shall be eliminated until the total number of members on the Committee is fifteen of less.
- The list of the selected candidates gathered in the previous rule shall be put up for a vote as a regular resolution and shall be approved with a 2/3 majority of the sitting members not seeking reelection voting in favour.
- Appointments may be made any time with a resolution described in the previous rule. The term of the members and advisers so appointed shall be coterminous with the term of the last member elected through the regular procedure.
II General procedure
- The Committee can choose how to conduct its ordinary business, either through regular meetings or through other means (wiki, mailing list). The term "meeting" refers both to virtual and physical meetings.
- The Committee shall be presided over by a chairperson, appointed by resolution of the committee. A vice chairperson will also be appointed by resolution, to stand in the chairperson's stead as required. The chairperson's and the vice chairperson's term end with their voluntary resignation, the appointment of a successor by the Committee or their removal by the board.
- If the Board decides to remove a chairperson or vice chairperson from its office, it is required to consult the Committee. After a chairperson or vice chairperson is removed by the Board, the Committee shall elect a successor at the earliest convenience.
- The Committee will decide on the responsibilities of the chairperson and the vice chairperson. It may also create additional roles and assign them such responsibilities as desired.
- Disbursement of the Committee's budget shall be overseen and monitored by a treasurer. The treasurer shall serve as the contact person between the Committee and the Wikimedia Foundation on all authorizations involving spending from the Committee's budget.
- The treasurer will be appointed for a renewable term of one year by a resolution of the Committee.
- Documentation of the Committee's activities shall be overseen and monitored by a secretary.
- The secretary will be appointed for a renewable term of one year by a resolution of the Committee.
III Resolutions and Motions
- Actions effected by the Committee are usually to take the form of a resolution. Resolutions may be proposed by a member or adviser, or by an individual from outside the Committee with the support of a member or adviser.
- A resolution will be considered adopted once a majority of members has voted in favour.
- The usual manner of proposing a resolution is by notice on the Committee mailing list, referring to a draft of the resolution on the wiki.
- Votes will usually be taken on the wiki or during a meeting.
- If a vote on a resolution is to be taken during a meeting, the resolution has to be proposed at least seven days in advance of the meeting, unless two thirds of the Committee decide to waive this requirement ("emergency motions").
- Resolutions affecting disbursement of the Committee budget ("budgetary resolutions") shall be governed by the conditions prescribed in the Committee's Internal process on spending
- If a vote is to be taken on the wiki, after the notice of the proposed resolution, members have seven days to vote either in favour of or against, after which point they are considered to have abstained. The resolution will then be considered adopted or defeated if a majority of members has so voted; otherwise, the Committee will decide by consensus (or vote) to extend the period of voting, to let the motion lapse or to reconsider the motion at a later date.